|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Savra, Queen of the Golgari
Legendary Creature — Elf Shaman
Whenever you sacrifice a black creature, you may pay 2 life. If you do, each other player sacrifices a creature.
Whenever you sacrifice a green creature, you may gain 2 life.
|Want (22)||TheOnlyMerlin , tictactomas , Eratosthenes , CoreV578 , Awesomeeli , Rose , Dienekes , ohadi1 , Mahtimatonen , Raknamadak , AgentHellboy , Turtlelover73 , Alec , samuelianstorm , sleepy104 , mafmatician , nealcm , Korevana , RNG , Izmagnus , wearelight777 , SomethingRandom|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Savra, Queen of the Golgari Discussion
6 days ago
On the top of my head I would say : - Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , always nice to have with Pathbreaker Ibex on the board. - Doomgape is also fun with Pathbreaker Ibex - Bojuka Bog instead of Golgari Rot Farm without hesitation - as an autoiclude Creakwood Liege - maybe Savra, Queen of the Golgari for more sac value
1 month ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
1 month ago
I think Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons could be viable, but she'll require a bit more build-around, since she's based on getting combat damage through. But she could be done. Nath of the Gilt-Leaf could be good, as well, building around the discard theme along with Aristocrats. As far as lists go, I've got a Slimefoot, the Stowaway deck in the works right now, but its a ways from being finished. I did recently finish a Prossh, Skyraider of Kher build that runs a lot of Aristocrats. If I was going to build it, I'd probably go with Savra, Queen of the Golgari , or Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest , but that's just me.
1 month ago
You've got several good Rakdos choices, because three of them have a sac outlet on the Commander, which is great for an Aristocrats theme. Judith is great, too, and can be very powerful in her own right.
But, a color combo you haven't considered thus far that might be up your alley is Golgari. It has so many great options to go with, and you can add Poison-Tip Archer as an additional Aristocrat. Golgari brings lots of good card drawing options to theme it with, with cards like Thallid Soothsayer , Vampiric Rites , Fecundity , Izoni, Thousand-Eyed , and that's just a few. Playing with also means you don't have to get hosed by enchantments. And you can just go nuts with your Commander options: Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord , Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest , and Savra, Queen of the Golgari , just to name a few. You can even do a saproling-specific build using Slimefoot, the Stowaway , which I'm doing myself.
With Golgari, you can just go nuts.
2 months ago
hi, really nice list imo, will use it as inspiration for a deck i will probably build in the future.
depending on how many grave pact effects you want you might want to consider Savra, Queen of the Golgari.
also i'd probably run Hissing Quagmire over the guildgate.
2 months ago
If this were my deck and I needed to make cuts from the list I would trim the following:
Oashra Cultivator seems a little slow but does have the advantage of being something your opponents will likely leave alone.
Champion of Stray Souls expensive and was a bit clunky when I used it. Would need haste for it to be worth it.
Deadbridge Chant the 'at random' part seems unreliable in a deck where your graveyard will be pretty big. YMMV.
Svogthos, the Restless Tomb is another card I tried hard to make work but it really needs trample to be useful. I'd sub in Geier Reach Sanitarium here though so this isn't really bringing the deck down to size.
Nyx Weaver just not a fan personally, it does fill the task of priming the graveyard.
Jarad's Orders good card and I use it in my Meren deck but since it only ends up putting one card into the yard maybe it doesn't make the cut here. It does draw you a creature too but I'm working on the assumption you're trying to turbo as many creatures into the yard as possible so this doesn't do enough on that front.
You may want to consider Command Beacon so you can cut down on the cost of recurring Izoni [though that might give you reason to keep the Excavator, etc]
Hopefully this might help you in making some decisions on what to cut.
3 months ago
Hey! I have some criticisms, and of course a deck to link below. For now I'll focus on cuts, but if you'd like I could also talk about cards to potentially add.
Before we move on to specific cards, there's an overarching problem I'd like to address; the mana curve. You have next-to-no one drops, and you have SO many four+ mana plays! Try to get your curve down a touch.
Butcher of Malakir, while good, is seven mana. You only really need one Dictate of Erebos effect on the field, and if you're running this right, then you should absolutely be drawing enough cards to get to it quickly even if you only have two (DoE itself and Savra, Queen of the Golgari).
Ghoulcaller Gisa is fine, but only if you have plenty of high-power creatures. Your deck is only reanimating one creature per turn (which I'll talk about more if we get into inclusions) and it can be EITHER a large creature OR a utility creature, most of the time.
Gonti, Lord of Luxury is nice, but as I have learned, 1) it's not really worth the cost if you also have to cast the card you choose, and 2) something about having their spells stolen really rubs people the wrong way. It tends to draw hate.
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest is 1) going to die very quickly, and 2) not going to do a ton anyway. Do you wanna sac your creatures? If so then those counters are going to be strictly temporary and not enough to do a whoke ton.
Midnight Reaper, if all goes well, will kill you. You will be sacrificing enough creatures that it will drain you out of the game. If all goes well, anyway.
Mycoloth doesn't make it to your upkeep. Not only that, but once you drop something like that, people perceive you as a threat for the rest of the game.
Pathbreaker Ibex is a great card, but it isn't going to do anything when you have like five creatures on the battlefield. Those five creatures, even with the boost, are still gonna be smaller than all your opponents'.
Rune-Scarred Demon? There are better tutors at much less mana.
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave is terrible in this deck. You have no way to put counters on it! Yeah, combat I guess, but that's not very effective. You'd be better served by Reassembling Skeleton, I think.
Viridian Zealot's mana cost is really clunky and its ability is not that great. There are just better creatures who do the same thing.
How many creatures are you attacking with per turn that makes Eldrazi Monument good??
Golgari Charm is not that great here.
Greater Good is usually just discarding cards and drawing one or two cards.
3 months ago
I also think Savra, Queen of the Golgari works as commander. Might test it out as well.
Savra, Queen of the Golgari occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%