|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Xenagos, the Reveler
+1: Add X mana in any combination of and/or to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures you control.
0: Put a 2/2 red and green Satyr creature token with haste onto the battlefield.
-6: Exile the top seven cards of your library. You may put any number of creature and/or land cards from among them onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||kpral , mcstang1986 , gildan_bladeborn , HydraOoze , perrin515 , dexxter7 , Nemesis , warcry02 , tragic_slip , REV666 , RubyStrings , MoJoMiXuP , Roadhog , robbnoble|
|Want (5)||bradyofportdetroit , TheRealPeaches , Turtlelover73 , pskinn01 , brokendwarf|
Xenagos, the Reveler Discussion
4 days ago
4 days ago
Thank you for the feedback :)
- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood is great in this deck! I added it instead of a forrest.
- Hooded Hydra is also awesome. I needed something that could fit in the 3 CMC bucket :)
- Xenagos, the Reveler was already in the deck (hidden under ramp) and he is pure joy
- The rest are also good suggestions, but I'm not sure I can find room for them.
- I always found Impact Tremors a bit underwhelming. I don't even run it in Can you feel the ground shake?
- Druids' Repository attack requirement makes it too situational (often my tokens would just sit back) and Food Chain is a tad weak for a spot with tokens.
- I am strongly considering Fecundity, since I really need draw, but I also worry about helping my opponents too much... and I can only use so many cards at once.
- Psychotrope Thallid should have a spot. More card advantage is what this deck need! But what to drop... I'll have to think
5 days ago
Now this is a cool list! Exactly my cup of tea; unique underplayed commander, +1/+1 counter shenanigans and tokens for days!
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood is a great utility land that strengthens each of your tokens; very relevant if Ulasht is about to die and you just need to pump out a bunch of Saprolings.
Hooded Hydra is great because you can play it face down early on and play mind games with your opponent, then later flip it to generate a bunch of Snake tokens. Excellent card to stack counters on.
Since your commander cares so much about having a bunch of creatures on the board, Xenagos, the Reveler seems like the perfect planeswalker that'll ramp you out for a bunch, and generate multicolored tokens that'll count double for Ulasht.
6 days ago
You need more creatures in this. I love Saskia but you gotta pummel your opponents with her. I would recommend Xenagos, God of Revels in this, he's just good all around but man, with Saskia he'd be a little monster. Malignus is also another recommendation, you can knock two birds with one stone if you have Saskia, Xenagod, and Malignus. Also remove some Planeswalkers, you could get by with like four but eleven is a bit much. You're gonna wiff all the time with Xenagos, the Reveler with so few creatures and so many planeswalkers.
1 week ago
Carpet of Flowers seems really out of place. Unless your play group has an abnormal amount of mono blue players, you don't usually wanna use cards that focus on hating on a specific land or color type unless it's interchangable (such as Iona, Shield of Emeria). Instead, try for more ramp that isn't dependent on others OR haste enablers.
I'd recommend the following, but of course take them with a grain of salt since I'm not sure what all you're going for lol:
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Mirari's Wake (if in budget)
- Chromatic Lantern
- Fellwar Stone (in a 3 color deck, it will always get you some color and for 2)
- Kodama's Reach
- Selvala's Stampede (Good back up if you can't resolve Mayael)
- Not of This World (bit of a niche card, but most of your cards cost 7+)
On the opposite side, I'd recommend removing/swapping the following:
- Clan Defiance: In your colors you have access to better (and still affordable removal), plus your focus should be Mayael, ramping, and creature abilities.
- Harmonize: It's not bad, but you don't wanna draw into your creatures.
- Carpet of Flowers: The original reason stated above.
- Quicksilver Amulet: Not a bad alternitve, so not a high priority, but again, focus on Mayael and this could be another creature.
- Arlinn Kord Flip: She just seems... out of place. If you like her, keep her by all means, just seems off. Maybe Xenagos, the Reveler instead?
- Wild Ricochet: I like this card, but it's expensive. Reverberate or Fork will typically do what you want for less mana. If you're having a problem with blue players, try Red Elemental Blast
A friend of mine has a super charged Mayael deck (Mayael's Eldrazi Escapades) that I've been playing against for years. I have a high respect for the deck and hope you have fun with yours, budget or not.
1 week ago
A few other lands you may want to consider running at Reliquary Tower, Gruul Turf, Cinder Glade, Rootbound Crag, Timber Gorge, and Temple of Abandon. Xenagos, the Reveler may distract from the werewolf theme, but it an excellent ramp planeswalker considering the amount of creatures you currently running. Another EDH staple you may want to consider is Elixir of Immortality, as it will cycle your graveyard in to your library. However, if you want to benefit for having creatures in your graveyard, then Kessig Cagebreakers is right up your ally. Assembled Alphas is good to scare off your opponents from swinging. Hope this helps!
1 week ago
Nice! That likely would work the first time I bring the deck out. I think I must play in a fairly removal heavy meta, and since it's the same folks nearly every time the surprise factor only works a time or two, haha. I'll do some tweaks and link you to see what you think. I definitely want to keep the price about the same, but it'll be tough not to add in stuff like Tempt with Vengeance and Xenagos, the Reveler. I kinda wish I was irresponsible enough to spend the $10 for Paradox Engine too, because that would be busted!