, Sacrifice a creature: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card. Put that card into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
|Have (3)||, metalmagic , sonnet666|
|Want (3)||shrapnelmagnet , airrex24 , Waltbo|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Evolutionary Leap occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Evolutionary Leap Discussion
3 days ago
Here are some more! I promise this is the last of them haha: Helm of the Host, Illusionist's Bracers, Skullclamp, Mentor of the Meek, Shamanic Revelation, Camaraderie, Keeper of Fables, Ohran Frostfang, Seance, Adorned Pouncer, Angel of Sanctions, Anointer Priest, Herald of the Host, Perilous Forays, Settle the Wreckage, Evolutionary Leap
4 days ago
Looks good to me. It's hard to go wrong with Ghave haha. These might interest you: Pitiless Plunderer, Black Market, Cathars' Crusade, Ivy Lane Denizen, Corpsejack Menace, Evolutionary Leap, Fanatical Devotion, Cryptolith Rite, Song of Freyalise, Settle the Wreckage (turn those saprolings into lands!), Requiem Angel, Elenda, the Dusk Rose, Champion of Stray Souls, Suture Priest, Perilous Forays
2 weeks ago
Very nice for a first deck and especially given the tight budget! You might like Nephalia Smuggler and Synod Sanctum since they let you keep the creatures you steal. Also if you find you need more sac outlets, Shivan Harvest , Carnage Altar , and Evolutionary Leap are decent.
3 weeks ago
Some things here are in and out for testing. Overall I am very much enjoying the deck, and working on acquiring the cards in the art that I like a little at a time. I'll go over the latest testing/impressions below.
- Evolutionary Leap : I have replaced Leap with Vraska, Golgari Queen . I got tired of bottoming things like Dictate of Erebos or any of the other 34 non-creature cards. My creatures are all powerful, granted, but passing over my key enchantments is very much a no-go. I have yet to play her, but I am hopeful.
- Xenagos, the Reveler : absolutely earned his place. The rate with which he lets me turn land-light board states into multi-action haymakers is unreal.
- Mana base: I'm trying to rework this again, I find it incredibly painful and while that is largely OK for the 1v1s that I commonly run, I'm not sure if that's ideal for the true multiplayer environment. I have added Yavimaya Hollow for the regen effect, and still want to find a home for Phyrexian Tower . My priority is still ETB untapped lands, so it will probably remain painful. Just want to go over it again, is all. Probably adding all of the applicable fetches and shocks, and then basics instead of the odd check lands? Not sure yet. I know the quantity is right, though.
- The Death Priest is bonkers. I already had him in the win-con field but twice he came out in testing yesterday and was absolutely nuts. Its even better with Reyhan out, of course, but even on his own he ramps up any sac outlets really, really fast.
- The deck doesn't feel like it has a nut-draw, exactly. It can come from so many different angles, and can function on hands that are literally all lands, thanks to my 2-card hand in the command zone. I've had games that were straight aggro, drawing nothing but beating down with Reyhan and Tana until I did draw into something good. I tend to prefer the non-combat win-cons, as its super annoying to stack up a dude and get your creatures tapped down or bounced. Purph and a big Tana is my single favorite win-con if I have to do it via combat damage.
- My curve feels pretty nice. Yeah, sometimes I draw all my 6-drops but most of the time I don't have a problem with curving out into something unmanageable.
I'm getting to the point where I'm seeing fewer things that need to come in and out for testing, and I think its largely going to be waiting on new sets to really drop bombs if I don't take the deck a different direction, which I don't think I want to. I really like its toolbox. Wouldn't mind a proper tutor instead of Diabolic Intent , but I don't want to be more oppressive than this can already be and that is on flavor and synergistic with the rest of the deck.
3 weeks ago
Aye this is a solid meren deck. here is mine to help ya with some ideas https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/graveyard-queen-meren-of-clan-nel-toth/
So I've been playing meren for almost 5 years now so I got some fun ideas to help ya out. So first i recommend some more sac outlets. Building your exp counters can be very useful and a lot of sac outlets can get you a lot of nice stuff. Viscera Seer and Carrion Feeder are solid 1 drop sac outlets. Evolutionary Leap is a decent 2 drop sac outlet that lets you draw cards. Sadistic Hypnotist is expensive mana wise but is a nice way to hurt your opponents.
some of the best creatures for meren are creatures that want to die. Mindslicer is an amazing one because it puts everybody back except for you. you dont care if your hand gets discarded because you can use them still. Plaguecrafter , Fleshbag Marauder , and Merciless Executioner is really good trio. I like to use only 2 of them. Sidisi, Undead Vizier is a really good one as well because its a reusable tutor. You make it kill itself and just keep bringing it back to just get the best cards in your deck to help ya win.
Solid etb triggers are also really useful. Terastodon is one of my favorite etb because if you fine tune the deck you can bring a terastodon around turn 3 to turn 5 and just make a person concede. its a very brutal etb trigger. Fierce Empath and Woodland Bellower are also really nice because they can tutor for each other or tutor for some of your best creatures.
If ya got any questions about certain suggestions or about why I use certain cards or why I dont use certain cards feel free to ask. I am always down to help fellow meren decks out.
3 weeks ago
so here is my meren deck of almost 5 years. it isnt budget anymore however there are some budget cards in there for ya to consider and it can help ya figure out how ya want to build the deck or maybe a way for you not to want to build the deck. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/graveyard-queen-meren-of-clan-nel-toth/
So some basic tips is you want a lot of sac outlets, you want stuff that have good etb abilities or stuff that want to die, then any flavor for wins. For cuts i think a lot of your artifact creatures doesn't add much for your deck. There are a lot better cards that can help you with control.
Mana: Devoted Druid (2 dollar card) Can get you mana and exp counters
Graveyard: Having multiple ways to interact with graveyard is important because people will try to get rid of meren cause she is a gravy engine. A lot of the good ones are a bit expensive like Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip and Sheoldred, Whispering One so if you don't want to do expensive upgrades it is understandable.
Tutor: Fierce Empath has a solid etb trigger to get creatures for you. Woodland Bellower is another solid etb trigger to get creatures for you and interacts with fierce empath. Pattern of Rebirth is nice tutor because your creatures should be easy to kill and now you can get your best creature on the field right away.
Removal: Plaguecrafter , Merciless Executioner , and Fleshbag Marauder are solid creatures that can get rid of your opponents creatures and with meren you can bring them back to cause constant removal. I personally like using two of the three in my deck.
Boardwipes: Boardwipes are solid cause you benefit the most from them. Pox , Living Death , Pernicious Deed are all really wonderful ones that I use. If i have to push one I recommend Pernicious deed because that card scares a lot of people from doing stuff, and at worst you can always blow it up for 0 to get rid of tokens or 1 to get rid of a lot of mana rocks.
3 weeks ago
To preface, chaos decks in general draw a lot of ire, especially when it is chaos for chaos's sake with no direction toward victory. I personally have no issue with the chaos style, though resolving a Warp World or Scrambleverse is definitely a chore haha. Anyway it looks like you aren't going for anything too egregious here, so you should be fine in the eyes of your opponents. Even so, I might describe the deck as "unique/oddball effects" rather than "chaos" just so opponents don't get the wrong idea and try to eliminate you first because they think your goal is Hive Mind + Undying Flames lol.
As far as the general, have you considered Arjun, the Shifting Flame ? He makes it so that every time you cast a spell, you get a new hand. Pretty chaotic if you ask me! You could fill the deck with unusual effects (like you've done here with Jhoira) so that neither you nor your opponents will know whats coming next. Tasigur, the Golden Fang could be an interesting general as well, since the fact that an opponent chooses the card you get makes it both chaotic and interactive. Ruhan of the Fomori and Atla Palani, Nest Tender are pretty chaotic as well.
These cards might interest you: Chaos Wand , Mindmoil , Stolen Strategy , Charmbreaker Devils , Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar , Shared Fate , Telemin Performance , Proteus Staff , Endless Whispers , Infernal Genesis , Bottomless Pit , Thieving Amalgam , Evolutionary Leap , Oath of Druids
1 month ago
Looks good! You might like these: Thermopod , Ivy Lane Denizen , Evolutionary Leap , Cathars' Crusade , Mana Echoes , Basilisk Collar , Sunbond , Mantle of Leadership , Birds of Paradise , Requiem Angel , Divine Visitation , Retreat to Kazandu , Fertilid , Kalonian Hydra , Ogre Battledriver