|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sword of Light and Shadow
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and from black.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you gain 3 life and you may return up to one target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Mousemke , golgarigirl , Nemesis , jtfran02 , tragic_slip , Sparky41 , RubyStrings , cj96.calimlim , kpral , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (14)||, bradyofportdetroit , Ariumlegion , pskinn01 , sirbar , Roadhog , Psycheretic , MindAblaze , 4gvn1 , PTsmitty , Riders_of_Brohan , tclaw12 , Dredgar , TheRealPeaches|
Sword of Light and Shadow Discussion
3 days ago
I have been tweaking a B/W Smallpox list (similar to https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-bw-smallpox-modern/) for the past few weeks, and now it has basically become a B/W Superfriends deck after the printing of Gideon of the Trials, which is an absolute beast. Some decks just auto scoop to it because they have trouble getting rid of a planeswalker even after sideboarding.
I have tried Squadron Hawks and Pack Rats before, but that was a while ago. It was quite close to how I described it above. I had fun playing some copies of Batterskull, Sword of Light and Shadow and Sword of Fire and Ice too, trying to replicate the success of old Caw-Blade decks.
4 days ago
Aethaleon I really like the suggestions you dropped however the cards you suggest I remove also have cycling, and this is a mono-white deck, and card draw is needed. I don't plan to remove any of the cards in this deck with cycling. Ancient Den will 100000% be added, and Quarantine Field I will playtest but I will try to find a different card to swap out as Cast Out has flash + cycling. So if I was to remove something it would be Oblivion Ring instead but I am trying to add removal, not remove it so we will see how this plays out considering it is becoming insanely difficult to find cards to swap out because almost every card in the deck has a solid use. Currently the only somewhat solid card I feel I can swap out is Sword of Light and Shadow but even that is hard to swap out for something else. Thank you for the suggestions.
Mizzazzi great suggestion, and I will attempt to find a way to play test it as someone in the shop I play at just traded me for my Foil Hapatra for there EDH deck! As for the Gideon. Trials is solid but I feel Gideon Jura is the planeswalker that needs to be added if I add a new one because of the additions such as Thalia, Heretic Cathar and Authority of the Consuls and he is just a good planeswalker. So thank you for the suggestions, and I will look into adding the angel.
5 days ago
Creature - Human Artificer
Whenever [CARDNAME] deals combat damage to a player, you may return another permanent you control to its owner's hand. If you do, you gain 3 life and return up to one target creature card from your graveyard to your hand
Design an artifact that works best in a green deck without using the color green in the mana cost or ability
5 days ago
Nice deck, +1. You might want to take a look at my my build of the Kaalia deck for some inspiration. Here are just a few things that I noticed (and they assume a large budget, which obviously may not be the case; use your discretion):
(1) If you want Land Destruction, the obvious additions are--in addition to the things you mentioned-- Ajani Vengeant (which can also tap down/ burn a blocker so Kaalia can get through) and Ravages of War, which is Armageddon except ex$pen$ive. (I don't run it)
(2) Your creature suite: I could see some streamlining. The Akromas are somewhat controversial among Kaalia players. A lot of players think (and I agree) at the end of the day they're just dudes. Big dudes, but just dudes. They don't have anything going on besides large bodies; you can do better. Balefire Dragon would be a good start. It can singlehandedly wipe your opponents' boards. Steel Hellkite can do that too, esp. against tokens. Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon can steal wins, especially when equipped with a sword (more on that in a minute). I personally have some additional utility creatures in my deck like Grand Abolisher and Mother of Runes, as well as some cheaper creatures that can be easily cast if Kaalia gets removed so you're at least doing SOMETHING--Baneslayer Angel, Archfiend of Depravity, Stormbreath Dragon, etc. Some people run the former, but most everyone runs a few of the latter.
(3) Equipment: Would strongly recommend adding Stoneforge Mystic and acquiring Sword of Feast and Famine (combo with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault--which you should also consider adding) and Sword of Light and Shadow (recursion, combo.) The Mystic can also fetch up something as simple as Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots.
(4) Sweepers: Descend Upon the Sinful is cool and on theme, but basically overpriced by 2 mana relative to the effect that you're really using it for--the sweeper effect. This could simply become the much more efficient Day of Judgment (or Toxic Deluge) and you wouldn't notice the missing angle token. I'm not sure you want to be exiling your creature anyway; ideally you'd be peeling fatties out of the graveyard with something like Phyrexian Reclamation (or Volrath's Stronghold, if you can fit it into your budget.) Merciless Eviction can stay because it's very flexible; I don't personally run it, though again I've considered it.
(5) Mana Base: The Karoo lands (i.e. Orzhov Basilica) are cute, but the Shadowmoor/ Eventide filter lands (i.e. Rugged Prairie) are simply better. If you want an essentially no-strings "Sol" land, try Ancient Tomb. I'd also see about throwing in some more fetches; the KTK fetches can still be had relatively cheap. Also, Darksteel Ingot doesn't fit the game plan all that well--ideally you want 4 mana on turn 3, which the Ingot doesn't accomplish. Mind Stone or Talisman of Indulgence are your next best bets. Also look at Expedition Map because it can both fix your mana and tutor for a utility land like Hall of the Bandit Lord.
(6) The rest of the following recommendations are upgrades/things that would supplement what you're already doing and make the deck better overall. Dark Petition has a cool effect, but it still costs 5 mana. Pick up a Vampiric Tutor if you can. Break Through the Ranks could be Sneak Attack. Etc.
Feel free to inquire if you have any more questions.
6 days ago
If you don't own any swords just stick with Lashwrithe.
1 week ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
I personally tried running Ravos, but I instead added Sword of Light and Shadow. Sure its conditional, but I only have a handful of creatures I cant recur anyway. As well, it protects Alesha or a creature so they can hopefully get in and deal some damage. Ravos was replaced with Angel of Invention, since it gives a buff, can help with the token producing aspect OR be a REALLY big creature if I need to have it be. With Panharmonicon, it just gets stupid value.
Tymna went in since tokens seemed to be a good way to attack with an army and then draw a few cards. There HAVE been times where I have been like "I really need a discard outlet", so I think Mindless would fit the bill. Perhaps I'll trade him in and try him out next go around :3