|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Insect
: Put a 1/1 green Insect creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||ironax , rikertchu , Candyman949 , mziter501 , mycheze , itheoryz , goodair , bakeraj4 , bfarber91 , Bluboltar , Fineontheoutside , Wolfebladeelite , Mortiferus_Rosa , sonnet666 , NivStormfront , Ashy , Tiddilywinkus , rockleemyhero|
|Want (13)||arthurxisde , KEGenesis , pedroaugustom97 , plumptons , MementoMuffin , CrugXC , obitus , Rose , Turtlelover73 , AntiheroFOREVER , insanious , spentbullets , eoraptor144|
Ant Queen Discussion
2 days ago
Alright, here goes:
- Cavern of Souls/Yavimaya Hollow - I'm getting them eventually, the foils are expensive, especially the hollow, and I've had other deck projects I've been working on.
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - it's an interesting card, and I may have to test it out.
- Miren, the Moaning Well - I already plan on getting one.
- Petrified Field - not sure on this, I just added in Ramunap Excavator and have a few other recursion tools to get back important lands.
- Tempt with Discovery - I really like this card. And I know it can get me any land. Problem is. My friends know this deck and not a single one of them will take the bait for me to get extra lands, so i think I'd rather go with your suggestion of Crop Rotation instead.
- Elemental Bond - not a fan, only because at least with packleader, it's an off rive threat on top of draw engine. But you're right, he us the weakest of my draw engines and I think Greater Good will work out, really well.
- Dryad Arbor - this card has been in my mind since I first created the deck and I both like it and hate it. I like the fact it's a 0 cost creature and a land. But at the same time. It takes my land play for the turn, and I can't tap it for mana since it has summoning sickness. So I don't know if I'll ever add it or not, but maybe I'll try it soon.
- Shamanic Revelation - I really like this card, and it'll find a home once I figure out what to take out.
- Beastmaster Ascension - great card, but not needed in this deck. I already have several backups for Kamahl in case he gets locked down, and they all add trample on top of buffing my creatures.
- Wolfbriar Elemental/Ant Queen - token production in this deck has always been passive, i.e. landfall, planeswalker, etc; it helps the deck, but it's not a focus and I don't want creatures that require lots of mana to generate tokens.
- Realms Uncharted - really just not a fan of this card, I can see it's potential. But I really just don't like it.
- Rude Awakening/Early Harvest/Magus of the Candelabra - I like being able to untap my lands. But since I'm adding in Staff of Domination, I don't think I'll need it. As I'll have several ways to infinite mana now, but you never know. I'm gonna keep these in mind just in case.
- Birthing Pod - this a great card, but my deck isn't set up to maximize how it works.
- Vernal Bloom - this affects all forests, and I hate group hug cards. Concordant Crossroads is an exception because I only play it when I cast a big genesis wave so I can win that turn.
3 days ago
All I can see when I look at your name is Kakarot (Goku from DBZ). Anways, since you're running mono green, your mana base could use some utility in there. I understand you need green mana for your commander's ability but some utility is key.
Cavern of Souls - 30% of your deck is creatures and you run boseju but not this?
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Haste outlet that doesnt help your opponents or take a slot in the deck. Worth considering.
Miren, the Moaning Well - Used to prevent them from stealing your commander or exiling important creatures. Life gain is always nice too :)
Petrified Field - Getting back cradle or utility land
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen your commander? Yes please! Also a RL card so good investment.
Tempt with Discovery - Gets cradle untapped (very underated card). Add it.
Crop Rotation - Helps lower your curve, find's cradle, could replace concordant crossroad at the 1 CMC slot (if you choose to add in hall of the bandit lord). Slyvan scrying is your only way to find cradle which seems to be a focal point of your deck.
Elemental Bond - Could replace Garruk packleader. While it isn't a creature to fuel cradle, it is less prone to creature removal. Then again, you say your meta has a lot of artifact enchantment removal, so it depends. Also, it only interacts with 13 creatures. At that point, you might just want to add Greater Good. Nets card advantage, acts as a sac outlet. ADD IT
Dryad Arbor - Fuels cradle and interacts with Green Sun Zenith for X = 0.
Shamanic Revelation - If you aren't taking out pack leader for elemental bond, at least take it out for this. Synergy with your token generation from your commander and avenger.
Beastmaster Ascension - EH, maybe add it. Can make your dudes huge.
You can also take this deck to a more token based strategy which is based on finding cradle and fueling it through tokens. Should you choose to do so, I would add the following...
Wolfbriar Elemental - Wolves!!!
Ant Queen - Steady token generator
Realms Uncharted - Helps you find utility lands. If you choose to add fetchlands in the deck's future, then this choose then as well. Might also want to add a crucible to provide redundancy, but thats for later.
Rude Awakening - Add it, trust me. Super ritual with built in win con
Early Harvest - Weaker version of above
Magus of the Candelabra - To untap utility lands and cheap cradle fuel
Birthing Pod - While i've never completely understood the power of this card, but you'r creature curve looks really good and you might want to consider this as an additional creature tutor to ensure consistency.
Why no vernal bloom?
I honestly didn't even mean to comment this much but your deck seems really interesting. I look forward to reviewing your thought process on these potential additions. Cheers!
5 days ago
2 weeks ago
I can offer what i have as the Leaders of my top 3 decks if would help.. Death Touch is my new Love.. 1- Hornet Queen , Is one of the best Cards For -1-1 death touch builds. Combined with a recast option to have high mana costs pay for themselves such as Cloud Shift , can really halt and change the game flow fast. 2- Ant Queen , Is an ok cost for a super deadly 5/5 endless token Gen creature. 3- Hornet Nest , Is likely the BEST Card ever printed for Insects, Mostly seen in the insane Nest/Blasphemy Combo. And 2 of these on the field can make the biggest synergy decks grow and still afraid to attack. but it gets seen as just a defender sometimes and funny things can happen, Such as EX: "I blocked a committed attacking 80/80 Double Strike Creature, With 2 Hornet Nest , And game momentum shifted when that gave me 160 Flying DeathTouch Bees on Field." They didnt read the card i think.
Theres tons of quality Bugs..
4 weeks ago
- Some nice lands to run:
- Mosswort Bridge
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Some good Mana sinks:
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Scavenging Ooze
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip
- Ant Queen
- Other fun stuff:
- Vizier of the Menagerie
- Tireless Tracker
- Seedborn Muse
- Traverse the Outlands
- Omnath staple:
- Genesis Wave
- If you would like you could can check out my Omnath deck at: Focused Omnath
1 month ago
1 month ago
Heliod, God of the Sun and Ant Queen are strong token generators. Mirari's Wake is a great anthem/mana doubler. Gavony Township is also good for heavy creature strategies like yours. You might also consider Craterhoof Behemoth as a finisher and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. I'd also replace Fog with Constant Mists for a fog you can keep using.
1 month ago
Deadbridge Goliath is probably the weakest insect out of the bunch, or at least it's tied with Ant Queen. You aren't trying to dump stuff in the graveyard, and it doesn't really contribute to your plan of going wide. Primal Bellow also isn't that great when you're not all-in on the land ramp plan, and you don't really need the fourth copy of Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. You'd be drawing more than one every game if you had the full playset.