Creatures you control can't be blocked by creatures with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bower Passage Discussion
6 days ago
so im leaning towards Hapatra, g/b gives you solid removal against the problematic cards from the above decks, and while I think it can benefit from some infect (Blightsteel Colossus, Triumph of the Hordes etc), I like the build and the creative space its exploring.
Breya feels like the wrong commander, she really doesnt do anything for the theme. i think Silas Renn, Seeker Adept+Akiri, Line-Slinger may be a better fit for the decklist. (one being a living Cranial Plating and he other connecting for artifact recovery)
6 days ago
Notes for a revision, and some replies
There are some really good suggestions to the deck, but I know I am going to have a hard time cutting for them.
- Momentous Fall could go in since it is an instant and can both be used as draw and a life saver. Though I am actually afraidt to draw too many cards. Same issue with Life's Legacy and that is only sorcery speed.
- Usually budget is not an issue, but for this deck I'm trying to keep it budget'ish (as opposed to my Leeching Cotton: Oloro's Couch deck) so I won't be adding Gaea's Cradle. I'm running Mirri's Guile over Sensei's Divining Top for flavor and the devotion (I should probably consider Karametra's Acolyte)
- You have a point. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds could count for both ramp and draw.
- The Conjurer's Closet and Blade of Selves are in the mix to help the ROI on the 'friends of hydras' category.
- I think the Urza's Incubator is too weak in the ramp category for this deck (I'd prefer more doublers)
- Vines of Vastwood is great. I'll consider
- I guess I should be looking for a spot for Domesticated Hydra
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary could make it in the deck. It is sort of usefull and it has a hydra'ish picture.
I should also make room for / consider
- Rhonas the Indomitable: Trample enabler
- Prowling Serpopard: Do not counter my overly expensive spells, thank you.
3 weeks ago
Pathbreaker Ibex seems cool. I'll put him in the maybeboard. Indrik Stomphowler and Conclave Naturalists cost too much for what they do. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds seems cool too, will put in maybeboard. There aren't enough targets for Woodland Bellower. Fierce Empath has some potential, so maybeboard. Ruric Thar, the Unbowed doesn't do enough to justify his CMC, same with Gruul Ragebeast and Whisperwood Elemental. Very limited counterspells in meta (shocking, right?) so no need for Spellbreaker Behemoth.
Cyclops Gladiator is nice removal, but 3 red in a primarily green deck is a stretch. Urabrask the Hidden is a great card (I just traded it away :/) and is MUST ADD. Thank you.Stonehoof Chieftain is something to consider, I will need to think about our stonehoofed friend. Fling is funny, but not the best fit IMO.Avatar of Slaughter is SO FUNNY! I am getting this for sure! The 2 worms are blehSteel Hellkite was definitely overlooked. I need to add it in for sure.
Heroes' Bane is a great replacement, I will make the switch. I like Primal hunter over Caller of beasts because it's cheaper, provides blockers and most importantly, card draw. Nylea, God of the Hunt costs 4 for a static trample, possible creature and a weak boost. Although I see it's potential use, I will need to think about it.Dragon Throne of Tarkir I would rather use the creature I'm equipping to attack
Zendikar Resurgent seems great, I will add it inSignal the Clans is a great card, but wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of rampant growth before nature's lore?Bower Passage seems interesting but is too limited.
I thought of that combo before and it seems hilarious as hell, but not worth running as each piece is weak on it's own. Blightsteel Colossus is great but I'm not a huge fan of infect. I don't mind if someone runs it, but I just don't like it. The Kiki combo is cool and I LOVE combos, but this is the 1 deck I'm trying to make without an inherent "insta win" because I would just tooth and nail those creatures each time. The only infinite combo I have in the deck cannot be tutored for so if it goes off, then it's more "fair" according to my LGS. Summoning Trap is limited but possibly a sideboard card.
Do you guys know what is a good CMC range for this kind of deck? I've always tried to make the CMC of my EDH decks anywhere between 2.8 and 3.4. I know the beaters in the deck skew the AVG CMC towards the higher end, but I am unsure as to what range i should try to fall into.
3 weeks ago
Zendikar Resurgent mana ramp and card draw for lifecraster's beastiary.
Signal the Clans to grab a beater for nature's lore
Bower Passage is worth a look since you have so many flyers, not sure what to cut, probably rancor as all your flyers become unblockable.
1 month ago
Release the Gremlins can be efficient token generation and artifact destruction, especially as most EDH decks play some mana rocks.
Angelic Skirmisher gives boosts to your team without removing Sidar's bonus.
Cards you could remove:
Hope I helped!
1 month ago
Here's some idea's you may not have considered. Obviously your meta-game is different than mine, but in my multi-player commander games, we get a lot of board wipes. As a result, I tend to ignore 'number of creatures you control' effects because they don't help much when you don't have any. Mana Echoes is cute but I think there are better uses of that card slot.
I hope you like these suggestions. Good luck.
2 months ago
Pretty messed up to play against if you can get the land out early enough. Bower Passage is really evil in a Dragons deck.