|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Theros (THS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Thassa, God of the Sea
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to blue is less than five, Thassa isn't a creature. (Each in the mana costs of permanents you control adds to your devotion to blue.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (35)||ibraJG84 , RazortoothMtg , JAT0 , CastleSiege , jwitzleben , Dredgar , vishnarg , angesoir , LiveForChaos , mlouden03 , sonnet666 , Archegos , rikertchu , dplerner , choss_monkey , Fairseas , meowCat1234 , jhTheMan99 , mziter501 , Azdranax , bradyofportdetroit , tragic_slip , bigc137 , REV666 , ZombieFood , voidruby , KipIsKosher , Enivid , Auriel , MonoRedBomb.Com , Snydog17 , joshw335 , Qolorful , cklise , ACCG|
|Want (8)||Va1mar , gamerhat , mlouden03 , Psycheretic , essex0619 , xpsychovampx , MouseyWolf , fireborne1986|
Thassa, God of the Sea Discussion
2 days ago
Here's how I would start on a midrange blue deck with focus on your favourite sphinx. I tried not to bring any cards that only allow for looking at the topcard, and apart from that just quality blue dudes. Plan for the deck is to stay alive (and it might need more and better stay-alive cards) until some kind of card machine starts rolling - either Magus of the Future og sphinx + top-deck-spying.
Creatures - 18
Spells - 20
Lands - 22
1 week ago
Hi there! First of all, suuuper evil deck you have there. Here are some suggestions that may or may not be good :)
Chasm Skulker - Yes this will instantly be out of Tetsuko range once you draw a card, but you are drawing so many cards that I feel you could build this guy up to be massive quite quickly. Plus when it dies, you get a bunch of unblockables.
Thassa, God of the Sea - Just another way to give something unblockable that is also a win-con herself.
Captain's Claws for more unblockable dudes/dudets!
Faerie Conclave is another land you can animate
Gigantoplasm - might be a fun way to copy a creature with an awesome ability and still retain the option to be unblockable. Volrath's Shapeshifter or Warkite Marauder could also be fun ways to mess with P/T.
2 weeks ago
Perhaps a more midrange monoblue, since you already have Thassa, God of the Sea? Kira, Great Glass-Spinner could be a decent addition to protect your creatures. Nimble Obstructionist has never really had a breakthrough in modern, but a single copy could be pretty good. And so on.
Also, if you have to play Sigiled Starfish and other severely underpowered cards to get your draw engine going, I'm not so sure it's a very good engine, since the card advantage you would be gaining is lost to card quality. So, the scrying has to be attached to cards, that are already good (like Condescend). Augury Owl is a 1/1, for 2 mana - it's not really a good card. And your deck is close to collapsing under bad cards if you don't get a Conundrum Sphinx into play pretty fast.
You could also adapt green, mostly for Courser of Kruphix.
2 weeks ago
you're gonna have an excruciatingly difficult time keeping your devotion high enough to make your gods creatures. for example, you have a grand total of 10 blue mana symbols in the entire deck. spread across 10 cards. so you'd need Thassa, God of the Sea plus 4 of the remaining 9 blue cards just to make her a creature.
2 weeks ago
This time I am looking at the synergy between Conundrum Sphinx + Magus of the Future to be able to cast a string of cheap permission spells to keep my 4/4 flying "draw engine" and win condition going.... I figure Thassa, God of the Sea doubles as not only a scry/evasion enable but with the high devotion in the deck be plausible to "wake up" to be a solid 5/5 indestructible beater..... any thoughts?
SCORE: 1 | 3 COMMENTS | 33 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
2 weeks ago
the win condition here is through combat damage and control jordybear2002. Conundrum Sphinx is a 4/4 flyer and "draw engine" for getting cheap and efficient counterspells and bounces in hand. Magus of the Future allows to play the top spell of the library witch makes you become a card advantage machine and even allows you to play a topdecked land if you haven't already played one. he also doubles as a huge devotion contribution for waking up Thassa, God of the Sea who is then a 5/5 unblockable and indestructible creature.
3 weeks ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
3 weeks ago
For unblockable you could utilize Thassa, God of the Sea, and Kaseto, Orochi Archmage. Kaseto has the added benefit of being able to target someone elses creatures, so you could be real sneaky about it, and force another player's creatures through on an opponent if it will help you.