Thassa, God of the Sea
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to blue is less than five, Thassa isn't a creature. (Each in the mana costs of permanents you control adds to your devotion to blue.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
|Have (3)||sonnet666 , metalmagic ,|
|Want (6)||Callinicus , GrandeKhan , Aspieus , fabiostoppani , walkerspace , Mastadontti|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Mythic Rare|
|Theros (THS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Thassa, God of the Sea occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Thassa, God of the Sea Discussion
13 hours ago
I feel like Thassa, God of the Sea is strictly better than Dauthi Embrace in this deck. Same CMC; less color-intensive activation; can transform into a hard-to-kill, mill-ready creature; can't be killed by standard enchantment removal; and provides a free scry every turn on top of everything else. And it's another Theros god, so it's even more thematic! What's not to love?
1 day ago
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Not a wizard. Already have draw elsewhere.
- Gather Specimens: Fairly expensive. Most of the time just gets one creature. Feels bad to play against.
- Clone: Not a wizard (unless we clone one of our wizards)
- Willbender: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Voidmage Apprentice: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Deadeye Navigator: Not a wizard. Offers some protection for VIPs and synergy with ETB effects, but we can probably find more utility elsewhere.
- Thassa, God of the Sea: Not a wizard. Scry is ok, but we have draw elsewhere. Not swinging, so the unblockable component isn't used much.
- Ixidron: Not a wizard. Hides our wizards. We have other boardwipe options.
- Skullclamp: We prefer to keep our wizards on the board, and we don't have many tokens to sac to this, so we can get more draw elsewhere.
- Ancestral Memories: Decent filtering, but we can get more draw and other utility elsewhere.
- Simic Manipulator: Slow to build up. Not many big bodies to keep him growing.
- Urza's Bauble: Just filler.
- Fact or Fiction: We get enough draw elsewhere, we don't really need conditional draw.
- Treasure Cruise: Potentially cheap draw is good, but we don't fill up our graveyard quickly and we generally want to keep things in there if we can.
- Guile: Not a wizard. Fairly big body, and synergy with counters, but a bit too threatening. Want to keep a lower profile.
- Stonybrook Banneret: Make all of our wizards cheaper.
- Thassa's Oracle: Make draw a win condition
- Laboratory Maniac: Make draw a win condition.
- Dakra Mystic: Some group hug to make as a less likely target.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance: Value without tapping. Synergy with spells and counters.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept: Counterspells on a stick.
- Naban, Dean of Iteration: Value without tapping. Synergy with ETB effects.
- Graceful Adept: Value without tapping. Uncaps hand size.
- Patron Wizard: All wizards are now cheap counterspells.
- Portal Mage: Send a big bad away. Synergy with Naban.
- Sage of Fables: Makes wizards bigger. Allows for more draw, without needing to tap. Synergy with Naban.
- Glen Elendra Archmage: Repeatable counters when combined with Sage of Fables.
- Surgespanner: Repeatable bounce when combined with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Patron Wizard
- High Tide: Instant speed ramp. Cheap enough to throw on Isochron Scepter
- Cyclonic Rift: Clear the board. Roughly replaces Ixidron
1 week ago
Here is my opinion you asked for.
You may add: Faerie Seer, Augury Owl, Sage Owl, Spark Double, Spire Owl, Insidious Dreams, Price of Fame or Snuff Out, Submerge, Scheming Symmetry, Bolas's Citadel, Cover of Darkness, Unnatural Selection, Mana Severance
2 weeks ago
Okay, so I am quite fond of brews that are delectation to pilot, but I am beholden to recommend some changes.
Now, Panharmonicon is a fantastic card, but there are only eleven ways to trigger the thing in this deck. Two of those are Draining Whelk and Grave Sifter, so, whilst they may have their moments, they seem lacking for doubling _ETB_s. This is my same opinion for Conjurer's Closet; what value is blinking something? Flameshadow Conjuring is in the same boat. These all become useless far too quickly, save for maybe Risen Reef shenanigans. Bramble Sovereign somewhat falls under the same folly, but I don't believe it to be as narrow.
Another thing to consider is the mana costs of cards. The majority of your curve is at three, which is probably when you would want to cast your commander. Ramp at two mana is far more ideal, as athwart to Keyrunes and Cluestones. I'd cut Temur Banner, Harrow, Gruul Keyrune for Talisman of Curiosity, Talisman of Impulse, and Rampant Growth. Wayfarer's Bauble is also of note. Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, and Elvish Mystic each can draw cards off of some of your effects late-game whilst being incredibly effective early.
Pillar of Origins is a fine card, but it only produces mana for elemental, being twenty cards in your deck and the commander. This leaves seven lands with activated abilities and forty-two nonland, non-elemental cards that cannot be used with the Pillar. I would just use Talisman of Creativity.
Seeing as that you have ramp in the command zone, doubling down on card draw seems important. Guardian Project, Beast Whisperer, Garruk, Caller of Beasts, Primordial Sage, and Vanquisher's Banner can draw off of each creature. Kindred Discovery is an especially potent one. Shamanic Revelation and Collective Unconscious each can refill the hand well, but Tishana, Voice of Thunder may just be the best form of this effect.
Specific to your deck, Vivien, Champion of the Wilds just seems lovely.
Seeing the decklist, it seems to have a sparse amount of interaction. Reality Shift, Incubation / Incongruity, Imprisoned in the Moon, Song of the Dryads, Lignify, Pongify, and Rapid Hybridization are some to consider. Kenrith's Transformation even replaces itself.
I run Decimate in every deck I can. It is absolutely amazing and has literally never been lacking.
That shall be all from me!
Good luck and happy casting.
2 weeks ago
Bident of Kiora
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Kiora Planeswalkers you control enter the battlefield with an additional loyalty counter on them.
, : Put a Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, Serpent or Whale creature from your hand onto the battlefield. It gets +3/+3 and gains haste until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step put it on the bottom of your library. If it would leave the battlefield before then, exile it instead.
Whenever a legendary Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, Serpent or Whale enters the battlefield under your control, untap Bident of Kiora.
Beautiful EDH card for Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle.
Though I realized after I made this that it isn't an equipment. Damn. I'll make another one. Same challenge, just in case I am ninja'd.
2 weeks ago
Nice deck! +1. I love infect decks. I know your deck isn't expensive but I would suggest some cards like Sun Quan, Lord of Wu and Thassa, God of the Sea for more unblockable options to close the game quickly. Also for protection you can consider Cyclonic Rift. Using this card before your turn can close the game if you have enough creatures with infect.
2 weeks ago
+1 for the name. It's really crazy! :-)
Personally I would add these cards:
- Agent of Treachery - steal and steal and steal
- Mana Drain - it seems to be over the budget of this deck, but it's a great card
- Snapcaster Mage - the same as above
- Archmage's Charm - you may steel Sol Ring, Sensei's Divining Top, etc.; or you may counter / draw 2 cards
- Soldevi Excavations - scry is useful
- Narset, Parter of Veils - a bit of stax :-)
- Back to Basics - only if you want to be really mean
- Thassa, God of the Sea - devotin, scry and evasion
- and some more ramp (Sky Diamond,Arcane Signet, ...)
4 weeks ago
Cool List for sure, I've got a Similar Estrid deck and I really enjoy the Enchantment base. Right off the back I would say add in Ethereal Armor for power, Auramancer for recursion, Solemnity if you wanna go towards stax, Ghostly Prison or Propagandafor protection, Swords to Plowshares for removal, Idyllic Tutor good tutor that was just reprinted, Eidolon of Rhetoric more stax, Mesa Enchantress life gain. New Heliod, Sun-Crowned and old Thassa, God of the Sea are both bomb enchantments that you can search for with Zur. Hope I was able to give you some reasonable additions. +1