|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
• Mardu Charm deals 4 damage to target creature.
• Put two 1/1 white Warrior creature tokens onto the battlefield. They gain first strike until end of turn.
• Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a noncreature, nonland card from it. That player discards that card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mardu Charm Discussion
11 hours ago
Ive heard ramos is best used as a storm commander, cast a ton of multicolor spells, then cast double the amount with double the mana
For storm, you're gonna need a LOT of instants, ramp, and "storm" spells
Storm/ multicolor spells
Also, charms are a great way to generate mana with ramos while having many modes for utility and building storm count
And many more..
Storm also needs a lot of tutors and recursion spells if you can afford them
But yea, from what I've heard and seen about ramos, you want to storm multicolor spells in order to cast more spells with the mana and using the insane ramp to win via stuff like Mind's Desire, Grapeshot, Brain Freeze and Tendrils of Agony after a huge storm count of multicolor spells
1 month ago
The thing is I'm making this deck online to later buy and use IRl. The guy I'd be playing against is a ruthless control player that runs a five color legendary dragons/elves/Planeswalker deck(s). I'm talking Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Teneb, the Harvester, Kessig Cagebreakers + Wren's Run Packmaster , the Tarkir clan charms (Mardu Charm+Jeskai Charm+Temur Charm...) and the like. This guy is that one MTG player you HATE playing because he just loads his deck with legendary/Mythic cards and wrecks shop.
Anything that doesn't work 100% with this deck is useless, that's why I replaced Genesis Hydra and Foe-Razer Regent with Kalonian Hydra + Managorger Hydra and Cultivate with Nissa's Pilgrimage. Anything less then perfection will get boardwiped with this guy.
6 months ago
Just a bunch of suggestions. I recommend a lot of discarding and field wipes for her.
Kaya, Ghost Assassin - Herald of Anguish - Liliana's Caress - Mardu Charm - Megrim - Myojin of Night's Reach - Pain Magnification - Sangromancer - Scythe Specter - Skull Rend - Nezumi Shortfang - Unnerve - Waste Not - Words of Waste - Tasigur's Cruelty - Painful Quandary - Banshee of the Dread Choir - Bite of the Black Rose - Capital Punishment - Creeping Dread - Entomber Exarch - Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite - Myojin of Cleansing Fire - Day of Judgment - Temple of Silence - Temple of Triumph - Temple of Malice - Go for the Throat - Doom Blade - Mortify - Austere Command - Incendiary Command - Damnation - Wrath of God - Crux of Fate - Deathbringer Regent - Archfiend of Depravity - End Hostilities - Plague Wind - Sublime Exhalation - SUPER METROID - Weathered Wayfarer - Planar Cleansing - Intrepid Hero - Adarkar Valkyrie - Avatar of Woe - Sire Of Insanity - Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - Vault of the Archangel - Liliana of the Dark Realms - Liliana of the Veil - Shared Trauma - Dread Summons - Anger - Filth - Blasphemous Act
7 months ago
Hey, thanks for the information! I didn't know that Amonkhet was rumored to be Warrior-heavy. I'm gonna hold off of building my own Warrior deck (Unstoppable Warrior Tribal Input Welcome!) in light of this new info. I, too, started with a rough list such as this, and have whittled mine down to what I hope would be a competitive loadout- though obviously different than your own due to color identity of Commander. If you're anything like myself, I'm aggro focused- so Recursion is in the back of my mind, but not at all my focus. I don't care if I'm losing creatures from my horde, I've got more haha (as such, I'd personally not play Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege, Marshal's Anthem (though I do run that one in my anthem Iroas Boros EDH), etc.) I also feel that Take Up Arms is a poor card, way too expensive for what you're getting. Mardu Charm is fine, but Aggro decks like ours need more removal than anything, and there are better 3-drop choices that could be made. Anyway, good luck! Feel free to give me any feedback on any of my decks too, I'm excited to see what the new sets will have now, thanks again!
7 months ago
First of all interesting deck! I hope it gets more attention around the site, as most people see mardu as just mardu nahiri decks and don't look at other ways of building the deck. I have some suggestions that are both very budget friendly and would improve a lot of your matchups against decks currently in the modern meta.
Cut a Night's Whisper and a Gurmag Angler and mainboard 2x Anger of the Gods the reason for this is because dredge and infect are very weak to this card, and is extremely good against the current modern meta that is centered towards aggro decks.
Cut the swiftspears and Soulfire Grand Master in favor of either more tokens like Timely Reinforcements and Mardu Charm and some planeswalkers. Such planeswalkers can inlclude Sorin, Solemn Visitor, Chandra, Pyromaster, Sorin, Lord of Innistrad The reason I say this is because the tokens allow you to play around the most popular decks in the format that can get around cards like Butcher or kill it (ex. Jund/Junk). Hero of Bladehold is another possibility for this.
I can tell that your mana base is budget, but I think you need to make some considerations here, Clifftop Retreat, Foreboding Ruins, and Dragonskull Summit are all great cards, but require you to be playing a mana base of shocks to support them, since you need the quality of the basic lands, which you only play 3 of. I'd cut these for either more fastlands or painlands like Sulfurous Springs.
In the sideboard I'd consider playing Slaughter Games over maybe anger and maybe a sin protector or something, as it lets you take out combo deck pieces without worry.
I'd cut gurmag angler for planeswalkers/ more tokens as you need to wait a while to cast it since you don't have a lot of graveyard filling.
8 months ago
- It's hard to tell how many to cut with your land count being like 16 short. and you're another 5 short from being at 100. So throwing 5 of those at lands, that means we are looking to cut 11 cards.
- Arashin Foremost a little underwhelming for going double white. occasionally giving someone else double strike is ok.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic doesn't deal damage, only life loss so it doesn't synergize as well with your commander.
- Kruin Striker looking to get multiple triggers in one turn to be useful
- Nath of the Gilt-Leaf It's only at your upkeep and 1 opponent, so it's a free 1/1 token a turn. It is a good card. I just don't think it's great.
- Winnower Patrol It'll have less than 50% chance every turn to grow
- Flamerush Rider This card is better if creatures you control have good etb's
- Goblin WardriverI like the battle cry. The double red mana not so much. remember you're running a 4 color mana base so this is almost never a turn 2 play, maybe not even a turn 4.
- Grim Flayer Budget reasons. He is currently @ $20 on tcg
- Rubblebelt Raiders I love the card, just not in this deck.Looking to make cuts where we can and the mana is not exactly 100% supportive of this.
- Yasova Dragonclaw Not sold on this card and like i said making cuts where we can.
- Skyshroud Claim only grabs forests, look into grabbing something that can get other color producing lands. You don't have the need for more than 1 forest.
- Mardu Charm I just don't think this card is worth the slot still
8 months ago
- Creatures I'd look into cutting
- Civic Wayfinder- there are tons of better ramp options on a stick then this dude
- Cliffhaven Vampire- really depends on your life gaining abilities and the consistency of those
- Daghatar the Adamant- more valuable in a deck where you plain on making and growing +1/+1 counters
- Dragon Hunter- a situational 1 drop, it's alright
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip- only good in a creature heavy deck.I would wiff on him about 1/5 uses in deck with 26 creatures in a 60 card deck
- Emberstrike Duo- I'm just not a fan. it requires spells to be alright
- Falkenrath Marauders- it is heavy on the red mana side, and it buffs itself if it can get through. There are better 5 drops in these colors
- Foundry Street Denizen How many red creatures do you plan on playing? because his ability only triggers when you cars a red one
- Gatekeeper of Malakir triple black to be useful, more than likely a dead drop most games
- Gilt-Leaf Winnower once again double black, and how often do you think it's ability will actually work
- Graveblade Marauder just not that good of a card
- Kargan Dragonlord another easy drop
- Nacatl War-Pride your mana base more than likely won't support this guy
- Ogre Battledriver double red and one off buff thats alright
- Seeker of the Way better in non creature spell heavy decks
- Skyrider Elf not legal in this deck
- Swordwise Centaur not a good 2 drop in this deck
- Thunder-Thrash Elder only good if you eat alot of dudes
- Artifacts I'd drop
- Godsend i am iffy on this, even in my mono brimaz this card can be hard to play, and isn't good until turn 6
- Spear of Heliod the double white might be hard to do. there are better anthem cards.
- Whip of Erebos you don't really have a lot of good etb creatures, and the lifelink might only help a little as well
- Feudkiller's Verdict there are better cards then this for a 6 drop
- Mardu Charm it looks underwhelming
- Gratuitous Violence there are cheaper versions of this card
1 year ago
Since you left such an expansive comment on my Adriana deck, I wanted to take some time and look this deck over more :)
I'm surprised not to see Lightning Greaves in here. At the very least, it protects your commander or your win-con (notably, that tasty Marit lage that your deck is trying to produce). Swiftfoot Boots also gets a mandatory mention.
Speaking of Marit lage...you can now get a FTV foiled token and Dark Depths! I would include Vampire Hexmage in the deck as well. Not only can she get you your giant Kraken earlier, but she also can assassinate a planeswalker or large creature as needed. She's an amazing card in EDH even without the wombo-combo with Dark Depths.
Initially, I couldn't understand why Viridian Longbow was in the deck. Then I realized that you can use it to snipe creatures with Queen Marchesa, which is hilarious. But why not go all the way, and include Chandra's Ignition and Arcbond? Then you can use your commander as an unexpected board wipe - double points if you can give her lifelink beforehand.
I feel like Chandra, Pyromaster and Sorin Markov are weak here. The former is because you have better sources of "draw" and because the burn is relatively unimpressive. The latter is because if you plan to combo off, their life total shouldn't matter anyway - though he is very helpful if you plan to deal them that last ten damage (obviously!). I always refer to my old mantra in Commander: most damage is infinite, so life doesn't matter. Maybe it's only a thing in my meta?
Dance of the Dead also combos with Leonin Relic-Warder in the same way as Animate Dead, and can give you access to big ETB effects from any player's GY. I play the big trio of black "enchant dead" cards in most of my black EDH decks - Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy. I would also add Enlightened Tutor, which digs for a pillow fort card or a combo piece as needed, and perhaps Expedition Map, which can find your Dark Depths.
Decree of Pain is an amazing card in the late-game, and could replace one of your mass removal spells. There are many board wipes that can dig you out of a bad situation, but this is the only one that can win you the game in the process. Its cycling mode is also pretty nice at instant speed.
I've never liked Wild Ricochet. I never have it when I need it, and when I have it, there's nothing good to use it on. This is another spell that could definitely be replaced with Decree of Pain. Finally, some generically good WBR cards are Mardu Charm, Ankle Shanker, and Hide/Seek.
I hope this helps!