Destroy target permanent. It's controller creates a 3/3 green Elephant creature token.
|Want (4)||night2 , makarzorklin , Ozurot , TooManyMichaels|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Generous Gift Discussion
2 days ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
4 days ago
4 days ago
Hey, Skullclamp has one of the best dying trigger interactions with Teysa and 1 toughness creatures/tokens and sac outlets. Budget ways to get Skullclamp: Open the Armory and Scheming Symmetry are worth adding just to tutor for Skullclamp, but they can tutor for other cards too. Skullcamp just reprinted in the Mystery Booster set, that version is $3.
To make your deck more competitive you could add a lower mana cost infinite combo. Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead makes a dying loop of Warder. Animate just reprinted in Mystery Booster set, that version is $2. Enchant Warder in your graveyard with Animate to create the loop.
Before you make the loop if you have other cards already on the battlefield that care about creatures dying then you get infinite value from them. Blood Artist or any other aristocrat on the battlefield before you make the loop is a win condition with this combo. Open the Armory can tutor for Animate.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Tome of the Guildpact
- Seal of the Guildpact
- Ethereal Absolution
- Obzedat, Ghost Council
- Golden Guardian
There's a lot of high CMC cards here and these are least impactful for their mana costs.
Some budget upgrades to consider:
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake
- Generous Gift > Mortify
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap
- Corpse Knight > Vindictive Vampire
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: Living reprinted in Mystery Booster set, that version is $2.
- Sun Titan > Treasury Thrull
Good luck with your deck.
5 days ago
Hey, your deck is missing it's Commander. If Alela is the Commander of this deck then you can make it official by tagging her with CMDR. In the deck editor put the CMDR tag after Alela, Artful Provocateur text.
1x Alela, Artful Provocateur *F* *CMDR*
What this does is it displays the card image of Alela in the deck list making her the official Commander of your deck.
Bident of Thassa is a good repeatable draw source with Faeries. Faeries have flying meaning that more times than not you will do combat damage to your opponents when you attack. For each Faerie who does combat damage to an opponent you draw a card. This can draw you a lot of cards. Consider cutting Festive Funeral for Bident?
Some upgrades within the budget to consider:
- Cloud of Faeries > Moonglove Changeling
- Faerie Conclave > Safe Haven
- Faerie Swarm > Glen Elendra Pranksters
- Faerie Formation > Nightshade Schemers
- Latchkey Faerie > Fencer Clique
- Etchings of the Chosen > Always Watching
- Favorable Winds > Eel Umbra
- Counterspell > Spell Syphon
- Open the Armory > River's Grasp
- Generous Gift > Mortify
- Brainstorm > Cerulean Wisps
- Ponder > Advice from the Fae
- Mask of Memory > Winged Words
- Detention Sphere > Prison Realm
- Chromatic Lantern > Mana Geode
- Exotic Orchard > Rupture Spire
- Caves of Koilos > Vivid Meadow
- Sunken Hollow > Dimir Aqueduct
- Esper Panorama > Evolving Wilds
Good luck with your deck.
6 days ago
Here's what I've decided/sacrificed out for now:
Deathgreeter - Already have blood artist added, decided to cut for now
Divinity of Pride - Left it out as I added Serra & Walking Ballista, also very high CMC
Generous Gift - Better removals in the deck, so did not add
Necropotence - Pure $ call, deck is already getting up there
Extort Cards (i.e. Thrull Parasite, Basilica Screecher, Tithe Drinker) - I want to keep these for now as I like having that as an additional source of LG, especially because I've added more low CMC in this update
Spirit Loop - I think too much value and makes Karlov too scary, the return to hand is delicious.
Swords to Plowshares - Left this out purely to make sure I have enough mana.
I think now what I am gonna do is play test this a LOT to see if it balances well before I cough up the $
P.S. Guys - I can't thank you enough. This has been such a cool experience. You guys have put so much effort into this.
If you'd like to catch a remote game, I have been playing games on the PlayEDH server on Discord, my username is RageRoo182#8105, feel free to add me if you'd like to play a game!
1 week ago
Nice! I can't wait to see it in action. It looks like a lot of fun! There are a couple cards I think you'd really like: Approach of the Second Sun, Commit / Memory, Generous Gift, Beast Within, Crush of Tentacles, Mnemonic Wall and Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
You can never have enough removal.
1 week ago
I'm not trying to push your deck in a more competetive direction, only a more consistent one. I'm trying to get into your headspace when it comes to deck modifications as I think you have a great start for a Sliver Tribal build. The only issue is that your deck needs tweaking to promote synergy between the 99 and your General. I'm glad you're taking my advice with some of the previous card suggestions, but from now on I think you should be focusing on interaction, ramp, and top-deck manipulation. Those are themes your deck needs to be more inclusive on to be more successful - not necessarily more competetive. Here are some more suggestions for cuts:
Cruel Ultimatium - absurdly high cost for interaction. You could easily cut this for more efficient/effective spells that come out sooner (basically when you need them). I've already mentioned some before, but Beast Within/Generous Gift/Assassin's Trophy/Winds of Abandon/Abrupt Decay. Some are slightly more expensive price wise, but I would recommend any of these cards for what's in that slot.
Aphetto Dredging - is cool and oldschool. BUT there's the even cooler Return from Extinction. The icing on top is that it is a Sliver themed spell. I just love this card, and I think it will serve you very well.
Also, how do you feel about your landbase? I have some budget suggestions I'm getting together for you that are friendly to the wallet, but at the same time can give you something to save up for and look forward to. I'll likely post that sometime tonight or tomorrow.
1 week ago
I do have a deck where I have interchangible commanders that I like to use based on the overall "power" of the other decks at the table (basically what turns each deck is expected to go off and attempt to win). However, with Slivers it's not always a simple swap when changing out commanders, especially when it comes to The First Sliver. The previously mentioned is a cEDH commander that has more success being in Food Chain decks as opposed to Sliver Tribal. Food Chain archetypes are purpose built to exploit the commander's cascade effect to it's fullest potential. Sliver Overlord is the traditional Control oriented Sliver Tribal archetype commander. The point is: these two legendary creatures aren't interchangible. A deck designed around Sliver Overlord would be more compatible with either Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion.
Just becuase you can occassionaly cascade into spells you don't want to cast - doesn't mean you have to cast them. You can simply exile the Swords to Plowshares, then as the Cascade trigger resolves you can just shuffle it back onto the bottom of your library. This is the official ruling (at least from the mtg wiki):
Casting a card with the cascade ability is optional. If you choose not to, the card is put on the bottom of your library in a random order along with the other cards exiled with cascade. So, just because you have an occassional bad Cascade doesn't justify removing interaction - at least that's my opinion.
Didn't realize Lavabelly Sliver was already in the 99, in that case just cut the Leeching Sliver for some more interaction. Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Winds of Abandon are all good options. OR you could toss in more ramp, Farseek/Kodama's Reach/Pir's Whim/Skyshroud Claim are all good options.