|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
Other Elf creatures you control get +1/+1.
Whenever Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen attacks, you gain 1 life for each attacking Elf you control.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen Discussion
1 month ago
EmptyStar, Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen does not have a promo card number 172. That is the normal printing card number. What you are thinking of is the intro pack alternate art, which belongs in the promo set because it does not have a unique card number. I am slowly going through all the promos in the promo set, so that one isn't in the database at the moment. If you have a good quality image that is 265x370 or larger that is not from scryfall, that would be appreciated. Photos are also appreciated.
I added Hypnotic Sprite , keep in mind that this is the first time WotC has ever given promos their own card number within a set, so any promo prior to ELD and any promo that is not tied to a set will be in the promo set.
I will get to fixing Explorers of Ixalan later, It is down further on the list of things I need to do.
2 months ago
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen is missing a variant from Magic Origins, an alternate-art promo (ORI:172).
Zealous Persecution is missing a printing from Explorers of Ixalan (E02)
Hypnotic Sprite is missing an alternate-art printing from the Eldraine Collector booster (ELD:283)
3 months ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
8 months ago
PlatinumOne i've got a mono green elves. My deck list is this: creatures:
Lands: 20x Forest
I know it's a budget list but i'm basically new to magic...
8 months ago
Elves loses a lot of explosiveness without the 1 cmc mana dorks; you really need to play them. Not only do they let you cast your bigger threats earlier, but they also let you flood the board with creatures faster, which works well with your payoffs ( Shaman of the Pack , Poison-Tip Archer , and Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen benefit from large boards, Lys Alana Huntmaster benefits from having lots of mana to cast creatures).
Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , and Elves of Deep Shadow (to help out the black splash) are all inexpensive. I'd cut a mixture of Eyeblight's Ending , Prowess of the Fair , and Gilt-Leaf Ambush to make room for at least 10 of those cards. You can even cut 2 or 3 lands if you have 12 or so mana dorks--competitive Elves decks play 18 lands and still make enough mana to cast their entire hand by turn 3. I'd also recommend you play Elvish Visionary ; like Silvergill Adept in Merfolk, it's one of the cards that keeps the fuel pumping and is just really good in general.
9 months ago
Priest of Titania Wood Elves Farhaven Elf Elvish Archdruid Masked Admirers Grave Sifter Soul of the Harvest Thunderfoot Baloth Overwhelming Stampede Grim Flowering Collective Unconscious Praetor's Counsel Sylvan Offering Beastmaster Ascension Marwyn, the Nurturer Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen Arbor Elf Joraga Treespeaker Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Lifecrafter's Bestiary Fyndhorn Elves Yeva, Nature's Herald Copperhorn Scout Sylvan Ranger Regal Force Cultivator of Blades Skyshroud Poacher Steel Leaf Champion Boreal Druid Rhonas's Monument
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%