|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Uncommon|
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition IV||Rare|
|From the Vault: Relics||Mythic Rare|
|International Collector's Edition||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Uncommon|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||raymaverick97 , Lucan2000 , SamCre1993 , DudeMan1031 , rockleemyhero , Swamy , pskinn01 , tragic_slip , gosora , brokendwarf , Spinalripper , cryptoplasm , MoJoMiXuP , LTmiller , TheRealPeaches , Hootiequack , Mousemke , , rebelteddybear , kpral|
|Want (8)||dolphinsgrubb , Dr.Jackel , Grantley91 , Psycheretic , Turtlelover73 , brokendwarf , Vasbear1 , Randomdeath|
Sol Ring Discussion
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
hey, so just thought i'd let you know that if you could find a home for Paradox Engine, you'd open up a nice little combo with Gravecrawler + Bog Initiate + Sol Ring which you can then use Cryptbreaker to draw as many cards as you want really, or Helldozer to completely destroy all the opponent's land, cast cards with X for whatever... you get the point
16 hours ago
Sol Ring is not modern legal. Maybe better to have more of the better dragons and create some consistency.
Just some thoughts.
17 hours ago
xyrithis Oh man, I forgot about putting that in the description. Thanks for catching that! The 2DH format has kind of a "soft ban" on Sol Ring. It's technically legal, but people might poke fun at you a bit for running it. Also expect to get focused down more. But you are 100% correct, it is legal and honestly should really be in this deck. I'm considering adding it regardless because early ramp is what I feel that this deck really needs.
Also I realized that I never really added a description... so I'm working on that now, thanks!
MindAblaze THANK YOU. I was hoping someone would comment that! Haha
18 hours ago
Is there a reason you're not running Sol Ring?
21 hours ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
1 day ago
Naturally, no masterpieces. They do not have a rarity and you do not want to run into decks with Ensnaring Bridge or Sol Ring under any circumstance. However, the gearhulks are still totally legal as mythics.
1 day ago
I think Prototype Portal would be pretty busted for this deck. You could have it produce artifact lands or Sol Rings for nothing, make it a draw/burn engine with Pyrite Spellbomb, piss off your opponents with multiple Tangle Wire, or dump Sphere of Resistance after Sphere of Resistance making everything unplayable since the sphere's don't increase the cost of the activated ability and win through Ghirapur AEther Grid or your opponent's decking themselves by having a smaller library than yours. Even signets are fair game since it would be two mana to dump a colorless instant-speed Rampant Growth. The artifact spam will also make smokestacks work more disgustingly to your advantage as well as the aforementioned Ghirapur AEther Grid.