|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition IV||Rare|
|From the Vault: Relics||Mythic Rare|
|International Collector's Edition||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Uncommon|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (35)||raymaverick97 , tragic_slip , gosora , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Sparky41 , essex0619 , Roadhog , Kvothe1115 , DudeMan1031 , , moonmonster , rockleemyhero , SamCre1993 , Spinalripper , cryptoplasm , VoidCaster113 , marsthesoos , Lucan2000 , thetechzombie , Swamy , Dredgar , saj0219 , Hootiequack , TheAlmostHero , Mousemke , jrschnoebelen , TheRealPeaches , NostalgicAce , rebelteddybear , kpral , LTmiller , Zhorus_The_Bauqret|
|Want (13)||Dr.Jackel , Turtlelover73 , RIft6 , Ariumlegion , NixterFenix , xpsychovampx , dolphinsgrubb , brokendwarf , Grantley91 , Vasbear1 , goodair , Randomdeath , Va1mar|
Sol Ring Discussion
1 hour ago
You should play Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots. You're missing other staples like Sol Ring. Like Winterblast said, you're playing too much low cost cards. Commander is a format that let you play big explosive cards. Stuff like Gnat Miser don't really do anything, especially if you top deck late game. It's easily killed. In comparison Deathrite Shaman is a great utility card. You need 2-3 Board Wipes. Just like any deck, you need bombs, removal for other player's bombs, creatures with evasion, and card advantage.
Look for cards with versatility or multiple uses. Cards that are good at any point in the game.
Stuff like Verdant Confluence, Primal Command, Maelstrom Pulse are great in any situation.
I would recommend focusing on some themes. In this case, graveyard. Dredge cards Golgari Grave-Troll, Flashback Army of the Damned, Brawn... Recursion. You should buy the Meren of Clan Nel Toth preconstructed deck. You would get the staples, land base, and cards that fit this theme.
2 hours ago
This seems like a fabulous deck! I love the additional creatures. And tightening up the non-creature spells seems to have worked out really well!. The one minor thing I'd add is of course Sol Ring and Gruul Signet. I think the cheap ramp and the fixing will be good and powerful.
21 hours ago
Serpent Generator is in there to just get out poisonous creatures and work to feeding Throne of Geth. It's not imperative, but it's a good addition. I was thinking of putting in Thran Dynamo, Sol Ring, and Gilded Lotus in as Mana rocks.Throne of Geth is in there because I have a lot of artifact and artifact creatures to sac for it's ability to Proliferate in the event I'm not getting Contagion Clasp or Contagion Engine
1 day ago
GrayAlchemyst, I'll add Sol Ring back in the deck. I was thinking about cutting Kavu Lair. What do you think? I will also look into adding more creature ramp. Thank you for the feedback! Hopefully I can get it fixed, so you can trump turn 3-4.
1 day ago
I'm wondering if there might be a good way to cut the curve a little bit. I know you have a ton of ramp but even if you ramp to like 10+ mana that's 3 or 4 three drops and 2-3 four drops if you have the cards. And while you are in the process of ramping its fewer. Reducing the curve seems important. Maybe if you take out some of the largest spells see Greenwarden of Murasa and cut em for cheaper ramp (even creature based ramp for example Selvala, Heart of the Wilds or more two drops. Gruul Signet ? Also I notice you don't have a Sol Ring which seems like an oversight. Maybe cut some of the more expensive enchantments. 19 seems like a lot. Maybe some of the worst card draw ones? Or generally anything that doesn't fit very well with the theme of the deck.
2 days ago
Thanks for the feedback. First off, I should preface my deck tech with the fact that it was built for our commander league, which has a strict ban list (almost all fast mana rocks are banned, incl. Sol Ring). This makes for an interesting meta-game, where fast combo decks are taken down a notch, making room for other strategies.
Having said that, the deck is admittedly in a period of transition from semi-competitive to competitive. Cards such as Khalni Garden are the remnants of playing against more casual commander decks with sacrifice effects. You're right in saying that they could and probably should be cut. (I am also on the fence about the Zendikar lands in a deck with so few basics. I have begun to experiment with Orcish Lumberjack as a mana accelerant, in which case the land type Forest is of importance. My original duals come in the mail today, so I'll do some playing around with the mana base). This is also the reason that I have begun to incorporate cards that play off of having blue players at the table. In a competitive setting, there is always at least one opponent whose deck is primarily blue. Hence, the blue hate, counter protection, etc.
Given that cEDH is overrun with fast combo / control, I have opted to build my Uril deck within a sort of resource denial shell. I seek to gradually gain the upper hand over my opponents and then go in for the kill. The land destruction / artifact hate / graveyard hate play a large role in this strategy. As for Razia's Purification, this card usually spells game over if the three cards that you keep are Uril with two auras on him.
Hatebears fit particularly well into this approach. You're right in pointing out that Qasali Pridemage is among the more powerful hatebears in my colors. As for Enlightened Tutor, I have mixed feelings on the matter. If you have a land-lite hand, the card sets you back, as you basically skip your draw step to tutor the card you want.
The planeswalkers are also something that I'm trying out. They are all a source of card advantage, as they act as card-draw, removal, and win conditions if not dealt with. They are generally safer in cEDH as in casual, as there are fewer creatures to ping away at their loyalty. Also, instead of Nature's Lore, I would consider Utopia Sprawl if I start to go for more of a fetch mana-base. I'll keep you updated ;-)
2 days ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
2 days ago
Coming back after having looked at the deck a bit more.
I think you can cut on the hate cards. You have a lot of counterspells, I'd cut the ones that aren't as good in EDH as in other formats. For example Clash of Wills, in EDH players usually tend to have more mana, so most of the time they'll be able to play that "x" cost without trouble.
Your manabase could use some help. I'd play some duals and utility lands. For example Thornwood Falls, Botanical Sanctum, Simic Guildgate, they'll help you to easier reach your requirements for double of the same manacost. Utilitylands like Rogue's Passage help your creatures get through or in the case of Arcane Lighthouse allow you to get around some protection on your opponent's creatures.
You should run some more manaramp, for example Cultivate and Kodama's Reach place lands into play and in your hand, advancing you easily. This is the biggest problem I have with Attune with Aether in EDH as it puts the lamd in your hand and so doesn't ramp you. Most lists aslo play Sol Ring in EDH because it makes for a nice jump in available mana.
Containment Membrane isn't good in EDH as there are enough ways to untap or blink permanents and enchantment hate is out there too.