Quest for Renewal
Whenever a creature you control becomes tapped, you may put a quest counter on Quest for Renewal.
As long as there are four or more quest counters on Quest for Renewal, untap all creatures you control during each other player's untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Quest for Renewal Discussion
1 week ago
Yisan is actually a pretty broken commander to run if you fully utilize his ability. I had a (still budgeted) semi-competitive deck. I couldn't keep up with a fully-tuned Jeleva deck or a T2 win from Jarad, but if I did manage to survive past turn 2 or 3, Yisan got out of hand and has quite a lot of recovery built in.
And I'm sure you've seen that Biorhythm is banned, for hopefully-obvious reasons...
Verse 1: Quirion Ranger
Verse 2: Scryb Ranger
Verse 3: Elvish Archdruid
Verse 4: Oracle of Mul Daya
Verse 5: Seedborn Muse
Verse 6: Great Oak Guardian
Verse 7: Avenger of Zendikar
Verse 8: Craterhoof Behemoth
You can potentially skip a couple verses by untapping and re-activating Yisan in the same turn and grab two (or more, if you have more untap triggers available) in the same verse.
If all goes well you could have the game ready to be won by T4 or T5...but that's without much interruption. Blue players will definitely be the most problematic, besides people trying to kill Yisan every two seconds.
Some Yisan decks will run a small Stax package to slow everyone else down (Winter Orb, Sphere of Resistance, Static Orb etc as long as you can still use Yisan, you'll be golden. Hopefully have Seedborn Muse or Quest for Renewal on board before casting the stax effects).
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Made some biggish changes to how the deck works. Removed cards that were slow and/or didn't often help me win the game, or whose synergies too rarely came up. Added some new ones.
Echoing Courage: Good finisher and also saves my saprolings from Pyroclasm.
Fresh Meat: Hilarious response to board wipes. "Oh, yeah, I just lost all my saprolings. Too bad I gained an equal amount of 3/3 beasts". Also good for big defenses.
Quest for Renewal: Should go great with Sprout Swarm and Scatter the Seeds, since I can now use them twice as often. Sadly only one in play can ever be relevant, so I gotta hope I don't draw both (unlike Beastmaster Ascension - which is cumulative!)
Ghost Quarters, because every competitive deck seems to have a ridiculous number of overpowered nonbasic lands. So, at least I can deal with them now.
And on my sideboard, Fogs specifically for dealing with Kiln Fiends protected by Apostle's Blessing. Wrap in Vigor will be replaced by Heroic Intervention whenever that thing's price drops.
1 month ago
Seedborn Muse should be added, quite powerful when you can make tokens on everyone turns. Try Quest for Renewal, or Seedborn muse lite, to untap mana and token producers each upkeep. Anointed Procession, Primal Vigor or Doubling Season seem to fit your deck.
Anthem effects should be bigger then +1/+1 unless they do double duty or something exceptional like Mirari's Wake, so with that in mind try Dictate of Heliod, Cathars' Crusade or Marshal's Anthem for reanimate and +1/+1.
2 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 months ago
Thanks for the response EnividWodahs, I've never thought of Abundance! I run that in my Damia landfall deck but it seems so perfect for Selvala too. That's a great idea.Also, on the topic of Seedborn, if you're gonna cut her would you still run Quest for Renewal? It's a lot lower CMC and it's still obviously a powerful effect. I just can't tell if it's the effect that's underwhelming or if it's how late Seedborn comes down in a combo deck.
3 months ago
What about Quest for Renewal? It's usually pretty easy to get active....