Quest for Renewal
Whenever a creature you control becomes tapped, you may put a quest counter on Quest for Renewal.
As long as there are four or more quest counters on Quest for Renewal, untap all creatures you control during each other player's untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Quest for Renewal Discussion
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 week ago
Thanks for the response EnividWodahs, I've never thought of Abundance! I run that in my Damia landfall deck but it seems so perfect for Selvala too. That's a great idea.Also, on the topic of Seedborn, if you're gonna cut her would you still run Quest for Renewal? It's a lot lower CMC and it's still obviously a powerful effect. I just can't tell if it's the effect that's underwhelming or if it's how late Seedborn comes down in a combo deck.
1 month ago
What about Quest for Renewal? It's usually pretty easy to get active....
1 month ago
Another update to the two people who are reading this: I took out Scrying Sheets (there are so few snow permanents that it doesn't seem worth it in this particular deck) and put in Sea Gate Wreckage; filling a colorless land slot with a card that lets you repeatedly pay three mana to draw a card when your hand is empty (which happens fairly frequently with this deck) seems insane in the mid/late game, and could become a huge draw engine with various untap-land effects. Since I took out a few draw spells, it seems worth adding card draw back in a slot that doesn't typically draw cards.
I also took out Awakening (too symmetrical, although it probably still works to this deck's advantage) for Rishkar, Peema Renegade. I like having an extra creature, and Rishkar is a great three drop, because he could provide two extra hasty mana on turn three, depending on which other creatures we've got out, and we've got other ways to add counters to our non-mana elves if he sticks around. He's also just 4/4 of value for 3 mana, which seems good, and has bounce synergy with Wirewood Symbiote, which is nice in a deck that's light on enter-the-battlefield creature effects.
I've still got a couple of creatures possibly on the chopping block. Yeva, Nature's Herald has been underwhelming so far; I haven't yet had a game where I've been able to have the combo of Yeva and Quest for Renewal or similar letting me flash in creatures on all my opponents' turns. By the time that's set up, I'll probably have few cards in hand anyway. Winding Canyons and untap effects might be enough flash for the deck.
It seems like Silhana Starfletcher is a little underwhelming as a flyer blocker and one-mana generator for three, since this deck isn't really configured for defense, and all the other three-drops have much higher value. But without another one- or two-drop mana elf, Silhana seems fine for now, as the most versatile three-drop that generates one mana. Maybe Seedborn Muse goes in one of these two slots; I'm not really sure.
Aside from the creatures, I'm very happy with the mana base (I just went through Mana Base Crafter, and Sea Gate Wreckage was the only card I didn't yet know about that I wanted, and now have). I've whittled the non-creature spells down to the ones that I always want to see in my hand at some point during the game. I'm not sure if there's anything more to add, but I'm sure there will be some spicy cards in future sets that slot in nicely.
1 month ago
DrLitebur I certainly appreciate the help, though I was trying to avoid the Superfriends deck archetype. While it certainly would be interesting to try, the thing I feared is it getting boring after a while, since the one Superfriends deck I have seen was literally just Planeswalkers, Planswalker effects, and fogs.
enpc I can certainly see your point, and I will certainly be looking into Beastmaster Ascension since the quest counters get proliferated as well, so that could be fun. I guess the way I would be building it would end up being aggro, though I also have been looking at various other counter effects, hence the Myojins, the artifacts with various counters such as Darksteel Reactor, and the various enchantments with counters like Luminarch Ascension and Quest for Renewal. I have started the process of cutting cards on my own, and will likely be slowly updating the deck on here as I make major changes overall.
1 month ago
Ramp: Karametra's Acolyte. Yeah. also Gyre Sage can ramp pretty efficiently, as can Somberwald Sage. And she's expensive, but Selvala, Heart of the Wilds is insane. Seeker of Skybreak can get you a second activation of any of them. Land search can be accomplished with Frontier Guide, Journeyer's Kite, Sword of the Animist, or Burnished Hart. Or Nissa's Renewal, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach and the like.
For big creatures, I'm partial to Hydra Broodmaster. Heroes' Bane can also get out of hand quickly. For giggles, I also play Mossbridge Troll, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Paleoloth, & Archetype of Endurance. Craterhoof Behemoth is really good - and pricey.
I like Quest for Renewal / Awakening in mono-green for shenanigans on other peoples' turns. Yeva, Nature's Herald gives your creatures flash. And don't forget about fliers - you probably want Spidersilk Armor and maybe Destructor Dragon. Champion of Lambholt can get your damage through, especially if you've got something to produce tokens (nuts with Animation Module). If you have a lot of +1/+1 counters, like in a Hydra build, I've been using Longshot Squad and Tuskguard Captain to add to the fun. Bow of Nylea also has a lot of utility, and Hardened Scales is a must in a counter-heavy build.
Hope that gives you some ideas!
1 month ago
Just one more thing: never run a green deck without Seedborn Muse. It's just too awesome to be able to answer on each turn, or activate Mayael each turn. Quest for Renewal is a budget option although limited as it doesn't untaps your lands, but it will untap your mana dorks.
2 months ago
Myr Galvanizer with regular myr