|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Ashnod's Altar + Breya, Etherium Shaper + Eldrazi Displacer
- Ashnod's Altar + Sword of the Meek + Thopter Foundry
- Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle
- Can I boost Murderous Redcap's Power before its triggered ability resolves?
- If I have both Sharuum the Hegemon and Sculpting Steel on the battlefield, can I infinitely sac one of them to Ashnod's Altar?
- Am I missing something?...
- Can you sac Tetravus with undying at the beginning of upkeep to create infinite tokens?
- please explain to me further regarding the rule"You cannot sacrifice a creature that is already on its way to the graveyard"
Sacrifice a creature: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (42)||Ashy , REV666 , switchkill65 , Antiat , voidruby , frederiklw , EdenGardenz , bakunet , Pelli , killstars , , Dr_Jay , Epidilius , MattN7498 , mziter501 , Va1mar , miracle , Cazaz0816 , Wolfebladeelite , saj0219 , Myllyes314 , Esquire_ , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Oloro_Magic , twistedmage , ninjaclevs13 , CampbellStev , sonnet666 , PTsmitty , Bluboltar , ironax , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , karnwithpants , webdokkeren , Mortiferus_Rosa , Slowbro23 , Bezter , mazrimtaim , Famicomania , joshw335|
|Want (30)||Henryen , ApatheticHero , Approximos , BringerOfStorms , Nerukad , Eratosthenes , wonka747 , bobfreak1234 , november11 , bassgdae , nocipher , kovellen , leakypen , esporia , jtwood , Elementalism , Garrigan , oswrick , jimc1664 , brchapp , jsdk70 , Sigma0444 , FNG , RoninH3RO , MirrorMountain , Lythia , MrFeronius , ExultantCultist94 , ColdFire , rayzoredge|
Ashnod's Altar Discussion
4 days ago
Thanks for the input JV38. I just went through the deck again and noticed Victimize was in there (not sure how I missed it or the other cards I replaced recently). Nim Deathmantle & Ashnod's Altar are good, but my friends have A LOT of artifact hate, hence why I only have one artifact ( Thaumatic Compass Flip) and I play it when it can transform before my turn ends.
4 days ago
Heres my recommendation: Ashnod's Altar , Karmic Guide and Reveillark are a tested true combo that puts in solid work with aminatou for infinite loops. In my deck i also run the altar occasionally along with Eldrazi Displacer and Grave Titan or any creature who spawns two creature tokens as an etb since you can sac the two tokens to the altar to make 4 mana and use three on displacer's ability to flciker the creature to remake the tokens, resulting in one mana floating at the end of the exchange, essentially resulting in infinite colorless mana for a Torment of Hailfire or Exsanguinate finisher
4 days ago
Welcome to the fun ZagorkaForPresident!
Some additional creatures that can be useful would be cards like Apprentice Necromancer or Whisper, Blood Liturgist to add in more additional effects. More sac outlets wouldn't hurt as well! Some cards to consider for outlets are like Viscera Seer , Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Altar of Dementia , or even Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar !
Hope that helps!
5 days ago
Definitely Add Show
Possibly Add Show
- Forge of Heroes
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Hound of Griselbrand
- Ion Storm
- Curse of Stalked Prey
- Cyclonic Rift
- Mark of Mutiny
- Sower of Temptation
- Conquering Manticore
- Dragonlord Silumgar
- Aura Thief
- Puca's Mischief
- Infernal Tribute
- Claws of Gix
- Viscera Seer
- Ogre Slumlord
- Open the Graves
- Pawn of Ulamog
- Sifter of Skulls
- Falkenrath Noble
- Power Conduit
- Palace Familiar
- Surveilling Sprite
- Ogre Battledriver
5 days ago
So I'm assuming we are going with a sac outlet style here, and I have a couple of win cons. Exsanguinate / Debt to the Deathless for a large amount using Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar , Sac outlet procs from Kokusho/Artist/Cutthroat/Evangel, or Mirror Entity swarm.
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
- Mimic Vat
- Open the Graves
- Pitiless Plunder
- Sheoldred, the Whispering One
- Bontu's Monument
- Expedition Map
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded
- Debt to the Deathless
- Teferi's Protection
- Songs of the Damned
- Thran Dynamo
- Coldsteel Heart
- Viscera Seer
- Mirror Entity
- Pious Evangel Flip
- Phyrexian Plaguelord
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Oversold Cemetery
- Toxic Deluge
- Smothering Abomination
- Dark Prophecy
- Gate to the Afterlife
- God-Pharaoh's Gift ?
- Grim Haruspex
- Ashen Rider: I personally hate this card, it's so god awfully expensive and it expensive for a pretty vanilla creature... I think that unless you are playing a reanimator style this isn't worth playing at 8 CMC
- Butcher of malakir: I know a lot of people love this card, but I'd rather just play Dictate of Erebos and Grave Pact over this any day, too expensive and too easily destroyed.
- Extractor demon: It's too expensive and mill is one of those things you have to COMMIT to.
- Havester of souls: I'd rather see a Smothering Abomination , Dark Prophecy , Gate to the Afterlife , or Grim Haruspex
- Knight Of The Last Breath: It's really bad.
- Krav, the unredeemed: This one is a bit iffy, it could be really good it could be really bad playtest with it, and if the deck doesn't do what you want it should be onthe first to go list.
- Light of the Legion: You don't have enough white creatures to make this worth while.
- Regna, the Redeemed: It's just WAY too expensive.
- Nomad's Assembly: This could be good, but it's far too expensive
- Storm Herd: This isn't your game plan my friend, I mean sure you could play it and win off it but I think you're better off taking that 10 mana and dumbing it into an Exsanguinate or Debt to the Deathless
- Rise of the Dark Realms: Too expensive, and you have no way to cheat it out.
- Cathar's Crusade: your gameplan should be more sac to get triggers and do silly things, not attacking.
- Divine Visitation: It's a Win more card in a deck that isn't solely based on making tokens, not worth.
- Sanguine bond/Exquisite Blood: I'm just not a fan of the combo, it pisses people off and is no fun. Play one or the other, not both.
- Grave Betrayl: Too expensive in my book
- True Coviction: Triple white in a deck that is prominently black... No thank you... Plus this doesn't contribute to your win con.
- Sword of Light and Shadow: Why? It won't protect against your board wipes, and it's very much not your strategy.
1 week ago
Some suggested cards by looking at your build:
Reclamation Sage - removal that you can recur.
Acidic Slime - ditto.
Ashnod's Altar - free sac outlet, ramp.
Beast Within - one of best removal spells in green.
Basilisk Collar - gains life, keeps opponents from attacking (death touch makes people weary of losing best attackee, and it becomes a board wipe with sharpshooter or thoctar - death touch, kill a creature repeat.
Below is a list of your non land cards and the role I see them in. I linked the cards that don't serve the end goal of going wide or comboing. I also high lighted cards that are either cost ineffective, or I found lack luster in my builds. Not recommending you cut them, just so you can look at them from another perspective. There are others that would be cut if needed to be more competitive and had the replacements.
1 drop (8).
1x Birds of Paradise - ramp/fix.
1x Elvish Mystic - ramp.
1x Llanowar Elves - ramp
1x Mortician Beetle - ??
1x Skullclamp - card draw.
1x Sol Ring - ramp.
1x Sudden Demise - ?
1x Tempt with Vengeance - ?
2 drop (10).
1x Blood Artist - combo piece.
1x farseek - ramp/mana fix.
1x Goblin Bombardment sac outlet/ combo piece.
1x Impact Tremors - combo piece
1x Rampant Growth - ramp/mana fix
1x Sakura-Tribe Elder - ramp/mana fix
1x Swiftfoot Boots - protection
1x Thought Vessel - ramp/unlimited hand
1x Wight of Precinct Six - ?
1x Zulaport Cutthroat - sac outlet 3 drop (17).
1x Awakening Zone - token producer.
1x Beastmaster Ascension - win con
1x Burnished Hart - ramp/mana fix
1x Catacomb Sifter - token producer/ scry
1x Champion of Lamb Holt - win con.
1x Commander's Sphere ramp/fix.
1x Cultivate - ramp/fix.
1x Eternal Witness - recursion
1x Fecundity - card draw.
1x Food Chain - combo engine.
1x Goblin Sharpshooter - win con
1x Growing Rites of Itlimoc - ramp.
1x Kodama's Reach - ramp/fix
1x Ophiomancer - token producer
1x Quagmire Druid - enchantment removal
1x Reincarnation - recursion
1x Stronghold Assassin - creature removal
4 drop (12).
1x Beast Whisperer - card draw
1x Brawn - give trample.
1x Grave Pact - stax piece.
1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth - recursion.
1x Ogre Battledriver - haste.
1x Parallel Lives - combo piece.
1x Pitiless Plunderer - combo piece.
1x Poison-Tip Archer - combo piece.
1x Purphoros, God of the Forge - combo piece.
1x Shattergang Brothers - stax?
1x Smothering Abomination - draw.
1x Xenagos, the Reveler - ramp/token producer
5 drop (6).
1x Doubling Season - combo piece.
1x Emrakul's Hatcher - token producer.
1x Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder - token producer
1x Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest - can make creatures real big.
1x Mycoloth - token producer
1x Xenagos, God of Revels - haste enabler for prossh.
6 drop (4).
1x Brood Monitor - token producer
1x Deathbringer Thoctar - combo piece
1x Dragonlair Spider - token producer.
1x Inferno Titan ??
7 drop (5).
1x Avenger of Zendikar - token producer.
1x Butcher of Malakir - stax.
1x Hornet Queen - token producer.
1x Sheoldred, Whispering One - recursion.
1x Stalking Vengeance - combo piece?
8 drop (1).
1x Woodfall Primus - removal. 9 drop (1).
1x In Garruk's Wake - removal.
12 drop (1).
1x It That Betrays - ??.
Let me know how this plays for you.
kysnou on Locust God
1 week ago
This is a fantastic deck for its cost. Really budget and I like that. There are a lot of upgrades you can make if you have the cash to spare.
Wheels: Teferi's Puzzle Box, Memory Jar (surprisingly cheap), Wheel of Fate, Wheel of Fortune (the most expensive option), Reforge the Soul, Winds of Change, Memory, Magus of the Jar, and Magus of the Wheel. You definitely shouldn't have all of these, just a few. Wheels are great regardless, but with your commander out, then you get a load of little bugs to go with the card advantage.
Bug buffs: Mindwrack Liege to make all the bugs bigger threats. Altar of the Brood is a good alternate wincon. Loyal Drake guarantees a locust each turn, in case everything goes wrong. Coat of Arms makes all the bugs massive.
Elixir of Immortality makes it harder to deck yourself.
Skullclamp to turn you bugs into more cards, and thus more bugs.
Gamble to grab combo pieces.
A Counterspell and Rewind are good spells to have. I noticed your initial decklist is a little light on removal, so a Blasphemous Act and a Vandalblast will be fine, along with any others you can think of.
This is a fantastic deck, these are just some upgrades I would suggest. I would also make your mana base a little better with some more dual lands and mana rocks, but usually those are the most expensive cards to grab.
1 week ago
With Felidar Guardian you can make infinite guardians with your Saheeli Rai’s -2 giving you as many etb triggers as you could possibly want. Add in an Ashnod's Altar and you have infinite mana to abuse Breya’s abilities.