|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Ashnod's Altar + Breya, Etherium Shaper + Eldrazi Displacer
- Ashnod's Altar + Sword of the Meek + Thopter Foundry
- Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle
- Can I boost Murderous Redcap's Power before its triggered ability resolves?
- If I have both Sharuum the Hegemon and Sculpting Steel on the battlefield, can I infinitely sac one of them to Ashnod's Altar?
- Am I missing something?...
- Can you sac Tetravus with undying at the beginning of upkeep to create infinite tokens?
- please explain to me further regarding the rule"You cannot sacrifice a creature that is already on its way to the graveyard"
Sacrifice a creature: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||aeonstoremyliver , Supremespeed , Va1mar , killstars , LPrats , philktoken8998 , The_Dragonmaster , mziter501 , saj0219 , ZombieFood , Hootiequack , NorthernCrow , xXThormentXx , Kvothe1115 , Dr.Ache , Vergil_Redgrail , darthnuchi , ironax , Lucretian , Azdranax , rebelteddybear , Enivid , Axtel , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Clawsun73 , TheRealPeaches , silvereh , angesoir|
|Want (10)||fireborne1986 , The_Munchkin , Nightdragon779 , Oloro_Magic , hwagner , Turtlelover73 , Pylioz , MouseyWolf , Desol4tion , richardmv|
Ashnod's Altar Discussion
1 day ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
1 day ago
If you like to create many small elementals you can also use Tempt with Vengeance and Firecat Blitz which actually create elemental cats. I advise to use together with some mass sacrifice outlet such as Ashnod's Altar, Goblin Bombardment or you can just kill them yourself with Goblin Sharpshooter or Subterranean Spirit.
If you like fireworks and you play free for all games Blade of Selves on Omnath, Locus of Rage really make an explosive combo, but it is a bit tricky. The Omnath copies go to the graveyard at the same time as soon as they are created without anyonene getting priority (legendary rule). Then each of those deaths will trigger once on each Omnath that was alive in that very brief moment. So with four players (in free for all) you would create two additional Omnath that would die and trigger six times for a total of 18 points of damage, isn't that fun? The number of triggers increases exponentially with the number of tokens, so if you are playing with more than four players or you happen to have parallel lives on the battlefield you can easily kill one or two players in that moment.
Sismir, for that Sundial of the Infinite trick to work you have to wait until your end step when the delayed triggered ability that says "exile those tokens" is on the stack, then is when you activate the Sundial to end your turn. If you activate it before your end step the delayed triggered will still occur on the next end step, in this scenario means the end step of the next turn.
This way you can trap a commander in the exile forever if you flicker it (with something like Otherworldly Journey) and then you counter or exile the delayed trigger that would bring it back at the beginning of your end step.
1 day ago
It would be much easier for people to help you if you put just a bit of time into making a primer, as I have here. I used this tutorial to help me make my primers, and it has helpful coding at the bottom!
2 days ago
Dralnu seems really risky to run as a commander. One Blasphemous Act and you're pretty much out of the game.
So let's protect him!
Further, I think the deck could use a greater mass of instants and sorceries. Maybe up it from 25% of the deck to 33%, cutting some creatures and enchantments.
Good luck! +1 for risky commanders!
3 days ago
Ok, so here are a few thoughts. First you could lower the cost of Olivia's activated abilities a bit by casting Heartstone. Second, you could make use of the 'deal 1 damage' ability by doing it over and over again to creatures such as Stuffy Doll or something red with Enrage like Sun-Crowned Hunters - then they become vampires you can start pumping with those +1/+1 counters. Speaking of +1/+1 counters, you're creating loads of those so they're the next things you could try and abuse, with something like Animation Module. Other suggestions: Blade of the Bloodchief for your commander, Ashnod's Altar for sacrificing thopters, Caged Sun, Rakdos Signet.
4 days ago
Hi! No problem! Got some ideas for ya!
I'm thinking this is a good start to a steal, dethrone, sack, gain control of a creature deck. Threaten effect, attack triggering Dethrone, sac to Ashnod's Altar, you end up with permanent control of the creature. P.S. I really like your Unspeakable Symbol in here. Brilliant!
So for what I'm thinking we'll need a bunch of stuff: Steal spells, ways to lose life(to activate dethrone), and sac outlets. Let's get to work!
Steal Spells: Slave of Bolas, Mass Mutiny, Insurrection, Mark of Mutiny(holy moley you don't even need dethrone :D), Act of Aggression, Word of Seizing, Zealous Conscripts, Kari Zev's Expertise, Act of Treason, Traitorous Instinct, Harness by Force, Hijack, Threaten.... these are all decent options. I think you should capitalize on the cost-efficiency of the red Threatens to leave room to do other things the same turn. Others like Insurrection are just game winners, especially if you end up with control of all of the stolen creatures in the end :)
Sac outlets: Fling(for the lolz and to deal some damage), Phyrexian Altar($$$$ I know), Attrition, Goblin Bombardment, Viscera Seer, Greater Gargadon, Grimgrin, Corpse-Born, Phyrexian Tower, Carrion Feeder, High Market... that's a good start. Hopefully find sac outlets with added utility. I also really like the lands, definitely run those.
Ways to lose life: Necropotence(commander staple, nice because you can pay only as much life as you need), Phyrexian Arena, Dark Confidant, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Bloodgift Demon, Sign in Blood & Night's Whisper, Dark Tutelage, Greed, Reprocess.... wow! luckily, black has us covered in this category! Take your pick! These are all amazing because they enable the strategy of the deck and draw you cards! Perfect!
Hopefully this will give you a good jumping off point! Good luck friend!
5 days ago
Since this is a token deck, I'd definitely throw them in if I had the budget. Unfortunately, they're a little out of my price range at the moment. I like the idea of Ashnod's Altar, and I was considering it for inclusion, but cut it near the end of the process. If you have suggestions for what it could replace, I'll definitely consider re-adding it.
5 days ago
If you had Doubling Season and an Ashnod's Altar you could get infinite tokens. If you pay one mana to remove a counter from Marath you get two 1/1 elementals. Then if you sacrifice one of them to Altar you get two mana. Using one of the mana you remove another counter from Marath to put the same counter back on him effectively resetting him. Then with the final mana you remove a counter to make two 1/1 elements and continue the loop with a profit of one elemental every time you do it.