Sacrifice a creature: Add to your mana pool.
|Have (3)||NineNotesKnives , , metalmagic|
|Want (7)||Tsr , colind123 , HashMasta , meow7mix , Insertname28 , Lunarthenighttaker , RandomDodo|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Ashnod's Altar + Breya, Etherium Shaper + Eldrazi Displacer
- Ashnod's Altar + Sword of the Meek + Thopter Foundry
- Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle
- Ashnod's Altar + Illusionist's Bracers + Pashalik Mons
- Ashnod's Altar + Inheritance
- Ashnod's Altar + Colfenor's Urn
- Ashnod's Altar + Reveillark + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Ashnod's Altar + Karmic Guide + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Ashnod's Altar + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Woodfall Primus
- Ashnod's Altar + Renata, Called to the Hunt + Woodfall Primus
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Can I boost Murderous Redcap's Power before its triggered ability resolves?
- If I have both Sharuum the Hegemon and Sculpting Steel on the battlefield, can I infinitely sac one of them to Ashnod's Altar?
- Am I missing something?...
- Can you sac Tetravus with undying at the beginning of upkeep to create infinite tokens?
- please explain to me further regarding the rule"You cannot sacrifice a creature that is already on its way to the graveyard"
Latest Decks as Commander
Ashnod's Altar Discussion
18 hours ago
Another combo I came up with that uses Mortuary is Deathrender + something that draws cards from a creature dying. Like Harvester of Souls a sac outlet of your choice like Ashnod's Altar + Mortuary. Making an infinite loop where you draw the creature you sacrificed and putting it back into play with Deathrender. You can kill the table with some really good enters the battlefield effects like Gray Merchant of Asphodel.
1 day ago
You could add 4 different infinite combos here that win you the game on the spot by abusing atlas ability. All you need is either Purphoros, God of the Forge or Burning Sun's Avatar in the deck, an eldrazi Titan to reshuffle your grave and these combos.
Mirror Entity + Ashnod's Altar lets you cycle again through your deck similar to stalactite and altar combo while also producing infinite colorless mana that can be used to make all your creatures huge with entity.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 0 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
The combo is in the description. Hope you enjoy!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
99% of the expensive cards in this deck I pulled from packs or already had, so Ashnod's Altar, while pretty useful, is too expensive for me to justify spending the money. I do get really good mana as it is, and Powerstone Shard has been good to me for a while, but it's definitely time to swap it out for something else. I want to keep the deck as close to 60 cards as possible and I'm not a fan of having less than 40 spells, so I'm not quite sure how to work in the doubles of the urza lands, but right now I do know I'll be swapping the 2x Powerstone Shard for Expedition Map.
2 weeks ago
Yeah, I'd go with a couple Maps and probably 2x Ashnod's Altar as well, just because that will not only help activate Myr Retriever if needed, but then you can burn up things like your Artificer's Assistants for extra mana too to really speed out some big creatures.
Ditching the Powerstone Shards is a good call too, they're too high mana initially to be useful, and by the time you can either force or luck-play multiples out, it's likely you could have just as easily dropped out a big creature for offense instead.
High Tide is another decent casual-legal option for helping speed mana along for Blue. It's not really useful until a few turns in, but it can certainly help.