|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Lizard
Devour 1 (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
Each other creature you control enters the battlefield with an additional X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Bloodspore Thrinax.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||sombrevivo , Vasbear1 , killstars , Reliva , AlucardZain , Spinalripper , Shiromakuro , bakeraj4 , LegendDeer , Dr.Jackel , Kvothe1115 , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , Vergil_Redgrail , Pylioz , rikertchu , goodair , Esquire_ , mziter501 , The_Munchkin , rockleemyhero , golgarigirl|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , richardmv|
Bloodspore Thrinax Discussion
13 hours ago
With so many Tokens being generated I feel like Bloodspore Thrinax would be a sure in. Devouring all of these excess tokens could get really crazy.
I used this in my Saproling deck, and just Devouring for 3 was giving me massive creatures for free every turn. I don't want to imagine what it could do here.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hey JusWaite! Ghave is one of my favorite commanders, so many combos and value cards!
Ghave also goes infinite pretty easily, so depending on how you want to play, you may want to exclude certain cards.
Let me first say that Winding Constrictor works very well with your current strategy! 2 spore counters a turn and extra counters on your permanents!
I like where this is going, and hope to see how it develops! Good luck!
3 weeks ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
1 month ago
I do like the looks of Winding Constrictor, so that may need to go in. Necrogenesis is already in the deck. Bloodspore Thrinax has great potential, but then it gets to the point where I have to cut some of fungi, which I'm trying to avoid.
I just need some suggestions that could be cut.
1 month ago
Gotta say, budget decks are my favourite decks! I'm not exactly sure how to play Meren, as I don't have a deck, but I'll try my best on some suggestions!
So I personally LOVE making decks built around sacrificing creatures, so I'll be sliding in a ton of suggestions around that!
Scourge of Nel Toth - 6/6 flying bodies can be scary, especially on turn two! Try to get this out early to beat face early game!
Journey to Eternity Flip - Seriously one of my favourite new RIX cards, I love bringing back stuff from my graveyard constantly. I know Meren does that for free, but if you enchant Meren with this, she can survive a removal attempt, and bring back stuff from your graveyard too! Also ramp so that's important
Bloodspore Thrinax - On first glance this looks really good. You can cast it and sacrifice everything on your field, then bring them back one by one with a ton of +1/+1 counters on them!
Sidisi, Undead Vizier - Pretty sure this is a must for Meren decks, the amount of tutoring you can get from it is insane!
1 month ago
Cathars' Crusade definitely has a home here! Necrogenesis also is good yard hate! Winding Constrictor adds a bonus +1/+1 counter and spore counter, pretty sweet! Bloodspore Thrinax also kicks some ass!
Deck looks good!
1 month ago
I really like the Bloodspore Thrinax in this deck. But I'd cut kind of every other +1/+1 counter card. The Thrinax lets your new snakes come into play bigger and lets every creature neutralize some -1/-1 counters put on them to get more snakes, which is awesome. But the other +1/+1 enablers aren't strong enough to keep up with the -1/-1 synergy of this deck.
You could find a way to get Hapatra through, e.g. Whispersilk Cloak or Key to the City. Some ramp will be useful as well, the usual suspects would be Fellwar Stone, Golgari Signet, Golgari Cluestone, Commander's Sphere, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth.
Rupture Spire and Transguild Promenade are strictly better than Survivors' Encampment and Unknown Shores, but you really don't even need them in a two-color deck. Try Golgari Guildgate, Golgari Rot Farm, Jungle Hollow, Hissing Quagmire, Llanowar Wastes, Tainted Wood, Temple of Malady. Terramorphic Expanse is a second Evolving Wilds, Opal Palace and Path of Ancestry should be auto-includes in a budget deck.