Creature — Lizard
Devour 1 (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
Each other creature you control enters the battlefield with an additional X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Bloodspore Thrinax.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||bakeraj4 , LegendDeer , sombrevivo , golgarigirl , rockleemyhero , Vasbear1 , rikertchu , Dr.Jackel , Kvothe1115 , Spinalripper , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , mziter501 , Vergil_Redgrail , Pylioz|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , richardmv|
Bloodspore Thrinax Discussion
5 minutes ago
This looks like a fine deck, though maybe it could use some more card-draw. Personally, I would go for Cold-Eyed Selkie, Bident of Thassa or Rhystic Study. In terms of nice counter-adding cards, you could look into Master Biomancer or even Bloodspore Thrinax. Naturally, Doubling Season could greatly enhance your deck, but this requires quite an investment.
In case you need any more ideas, I am using a counter deck myself: Got them countered. Look into it if you like (and leave a comment/like if you want to). Cheers!
4 days ago
I have a similar
Fresh Meat can be very fun to replace all the creatures you devoured.
Descent of the Dragons transforms your kobold in 4/4 flyers
1 week ago
How's it going, man? I am also fairly new to this site. Just finished uploading the last of my personal decks. I am a long time player of mtg however, and come here with 15+ years experience under my belt.
At first glance, I see two main issues. One is that you don't have enough draw power, and the second is that you literally have zero ways to protect your creatures. Here are the changes I would suggest:
-3 Abundance (Too mana intensive and does NOT count as card draw)
-3 Burgeoning (Doesn't flow well with the deck, imo)
-1 Hardened Scales (Only gives +1 counter/trigger)
-3 Spreading Seas (NO reason whatsoever for this to be in the deck, imo)
-2 Spellbook (Not enough constant draw to warrant)
-2 Venser's Journal (Not enough constant draw to warrant)
-2 Bloodspore Thrinax (Doesn't fit into the theme well enough)
-3 Champion of Lambholt (Costs too much mana, doesn't fit the theme)
-2 Island (New mana curve is not high enough to warrant 22 lands, imo)
+2 Horizon Chimera (Fits the theme, gives protection from flying threats)
+4 Cartouche of Knowledge (Fits the theme, added evasion offers a win con)
+4 Mizzium Skin (A must-have source of protection)
Overall these changes would add a bit more consistency to the deck by increasing your # of playsets. It would increase the amount of protection you have from "kill cards", since you were previously at zero. And I beleive at the end of the day it would increase your card draw, (fitting the theme of the deck). I hope these suggestions help, let me know what you think!
3 weeks ago
Would Bloodspore Thrinax strike your fancy? Makes for some tough critters on your side :) Personally I love using Buried Alive. Combined with Meren, it's an incredibly cheap tutor, just watch out for graveyard hate :)
In case you're interested in some more ideas on what to use with Meren, feel free to check out my Meren deck (and please leave some comments, would appreciate it!).
3 weeks ago
Your deck contains several cards that generate tokens. I think your deck would fare better if you'd remove those and instead invest more into getting creatures that either generate counters or benefit greatly from them. There are several budget and non-budget ways of doing this. Here's some of the budget ways (they're not Hydra-themed, but suit your strategy very well):
- Gyre Sage: in your deck, this would be one of the best ramping options ever;
- Wild Beastmaster; works well in your deck; boosts all creatures when attacking;
- Forgotten Ancient; combination of Managorger Hydra and Spike Rogue;
- Champion of Lambholt; no +1/+1 counter deck should be without her;
- Bloodspore Thrinax; an even better version of Wild Beastmaster (because counters all work when defending :))
- Juniper Order Ranger; more counters!
- Renegade Krasis; adding counters can get pretty insane with him around.
- Inspiring Call: nice draw spell and gives all your creatures indestructible for a turn;
- Map the Wastes: ramp and bolster in one card; noice!
- Elemental Bond: because basically every creature you cast, is strong enough to allow you to draw a card.
- Death's Presence: one monster's death, is another's power.
- Hardened Scales: add a counter for whenever counters are added :)
- Bow of Nylea: gives a whole host of options, one of which is adding +1/+1's.
Some less-budget (more expensive) options, would be:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds: great ramp and card draw creature.
- Vigor: your creatures grow by being dealt damage.
- Primal Vigor: Not quite a Doubling Season but close.
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes: great walker with a primary ability tailor-made for this deck.
Sorry for the long post. Hope you find some of this to be useful. Happy gaming!
1 month ago
So I run something really similar in my BG counter deck, and trust me when I say you could benefit a lot from Phyrexian Plaguelord and Yahenni, Undying Partisan. They're both pretty strong free sac outlets.
Veteran Explorer. That's one of the best ramp pieces a sac deck can have.
1 month ago
Oohhh see I like using the Puppeteer Clique+Grave Pact type shenanigans in my Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck. Although I using either Bloodspore Thrinax, or stacking the triggers so that it would enter prior to the effect of Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest or Death's Presence occurring, so I can basically add counters caused by its death onto it.
1 month ago
Sorry about double post. How about considering: Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest - combo potential, Mentor of the Meek - good draw, Aura Shards - blow up things, Bloodspore Thrinax - combo potential, and Sidisi, Undead Vizier - tutor on a stick.