|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Welcome Deck 2016 (W16)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Soul of the Harvest
Creature — Elemental
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (44)||KingOfGrixis , marcus638 , Fineontheoutside , Wolfebladeelite , EdenGardenz , accioali , ironax , Pelli , ibraJG84 , Lucretian , angesoir , sonnet666 , Lindough , Antiat , Nemesis , ThisIsBullshit , MonoRedBomb.Com , kaikaitanner , Snydog17 , thetechzombie , killstars , Xunfor6iv3nX , Reliva , , damo_rox , duff87 , Shiromakuro , Dsmonsta , rikertchu , DaZlInG , dolphinsgrubb , Candyman949 , mziter501 , Va1mar , itheoryz , mazrimtaim , metljoe , Cazaz0816 , hardhitta71194 , beatdown36 , TheRealSpecialK , firemind12 , rockleemyhero , bakunet|
|Want (29)||SketchMix , mini_tb , adb_slayer , buildingadeck , kovellen , Turtlelover73 , DarkAndFluffy , superlangbein , richardmv , homerisms , gusk001 , wightwizard8 , Warxuaroz , mlouden03 , hisakid , ColdFire , BringerOfStorms , lorddarkstar , angelx , AlphaTDog , notsaying , arthurxisde , CaptianClueless , kvfd1719 , docbrown , Ntothemana , dougalops , , LotusPhi|
Soul of the Harvest Discussion
3 days ago
You need to increase the reliability of your deck, instead of jamming it with more big creatures. I imagine you'd lose a few games to not drawing enough ramp, or having dead utility cards.
My suggestions are to
1) CUT THE FOLLOWING
2) RUN THE FOLLOWING
6 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 week ago
Shrieking Drake and Dream Stalker Are great for animar. As long as you have blue mana you can keep it going good way to get his counters up or bounce a more powerful creature like a Kozilek, Butcher of Truth to cast it again for free or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger for the VALUE. Yavimaya Hollow is good regenerate effect on a land and Bloom Tender makes blue red and green mana if animar is out 3 total for one mana dork which is insane. Id cut out some creatures like Consecrated Sphinx you draw enough with Primordial Sage and Soul of the Harvest some of the enchantments could possibly be cut too. Your creatures should all have effects they're spells with a body. You mana should just be to cast creatures mainly. Glamerdye is a cool trick to give him protection from another color.
1 week ago
If you'd like I can link my animar deck it's different from yours but you might find something cool in the creatures or landbase. You NEED card draw for sure so think about adding Soul of the Harvest and or Primordial Sage Ancestral Statue sets you up for infinite combo/counters. Then you can Bioshift em.
2 weeks ago
Farseek has nothing to search up. Paradox Engine usually puts a real big target on your head. With only 3 mana rocks and 4 mana dorks this deck doesn't seem setup to get much use from it other than pseudo-vigilance.
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds $$ but so good in green beats. It makes that paradox chain creatures with Soul of the Harvest/Elemental Bond On that note Primordial Sage/Garruk's Packleader are other ways to keep your hand full while dropping beaters. They also get the buff from commander.
2 weeks ago
Enlarge, Fade into Antiquity, Lost in the Woods, Coldsteel Heart, Phytoburst, Aspect of Hydra, Howl of the Night Pack, Soul of the Harvest, Soul of Zendikar, and all of the spells that do nothing but gain you life can go.
Naturalize is a must. Rampant Growth, Kodama's Reach, and Cultivate are all good ramp. Overrun can be a game-ender. Harmonize is good card draw. Fyndhorn Elves and Elvish Mystic are essentially extra copies of Llanowar Elves. In this deck, so is Arbor Elf. You also might want to consider some utility lands, like Oran-Rief, the Vastwood or Blighted Woodland. There's also a bunch of good stuff coming in Core 2019 that you might want to check out.
4 weeks ago
Hey, I saw you comment on my deck (Tetsuko & Doran's Assault Formation!), and I'd love to see if I can give you any tips for this deck.
As you already said in your description for this deck, Arcades, the Strategist might be a very good card for this deck, especially if you like control decks. White-Green-Blue is a very nice color combination for a control deck, and the defender creatures you are running just add onto that. Furthermore, this deck as it is now can only make your creatures with defender attack if you happen to draw Assault Formation, which means there are gonna be some games were you won't be able to get it. However, you can play around this with your big creatures.
Arcades, the Strategist also lets you draw more cards, which together with Lead the Stampede and your creatures that make mana allow you to build up a very strong board, However, you do already have Soul of the Harvest, which kinda does the same, but just costs 2 more. For that reason, even if you don't play Arcades, the Strategist, I really like your Lead the Stampedes, If you want to stay mono green you could even play something like Commune with Nature to fetch another creature.
If you're wondering what kind of creatures with defender you get access to when also going into blue and white, here are some nice options: Ludevic's Test Subject Flip can work with your mana ramping, Wall of Frost, Wall of Denial, Stalwart Shield-Bearers, Wall of Omens I really love this card together with your Carven Caryatid and Soul of the Harvest (and Arcades, the Strategist if you want to run it) since it just make you fly through your deck, Dragon's Eye Sentry, Perimeter Captain, and you get access to Rolling Stone, however between Assualt Formation and Arcades, the Strategist, you wont need it. Also you get access to some metagame staples like Path to Exile.
Perhaps a Tower Defense or Shape the Sands (or Aegis of the Heavens (its a new m19 card so tappedout wont let me link it) when playing white) could also make this deck more explosive if you want to go that route, but since you are not reliant on making your creatures with defender attack, Carnage Tyrant is a nice beater, when going into white you also get access to angels which are great late game creatures, you might even think about running card with in their mana costs, like Entreat the Angels, Quarantine Field, Secure the Wastes, Animist's Awakening, Chord of Calling, Enshrined Memories, Genesis Wave, Nissa, Steward of Elements.
Finally, I don't really like Trolls of Tel-Jilad, Terastodon, and Naya Panorama since they don't really do much. I would also up your land count to at least 20, even with all the mana acceleration. Maybe even 22-24. As for your current maybeboard, I like the Axebane Guardian, and all the other card are also good beaters except for Silklash Spider, Prey Upon your defender creatures have no power, even with Assault Formation, not 100% sure on this interaction though, and Elixir of Immortality, If you want lifegain, perhaps a Jaddi Offshoot is better?
I hope this helps you a little! I like the deck and its versatility a lot!
1 month ago
You may be an aggro wall deck (That's a sentence I never thought I'd say) but sometimes you have to get rid of the Peacekeeper or Hushwing Gryff. Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares and Beast Within are all generic good cards.
You could also afford to draw more cards. Your commander does draw you some and you have some cards to assist that but you wanna play your two and three drop walls before that. Abzan Beastmaster is wonderfully in flavor and a personal howling mine. Sultai Flayer is an option but IDK if it's worth it. But also just generic good card draw like Soul of the Harvest, Mind's Eye, (If you have one), Shamanic Revelation, even stuff like Concentrate and Harmonize. Your deck may be running on a funky axis but that doesn't mean you should forget the essentials. In fact, they can help tie your gameplay together.
Angelic Chorus Lol. Don't know if it's good but come on. Verdant Sun's Avatar, Proper Burial too. They probably aren't worth it but it sounds funny. Dragon Throne of Tarkir is also pretty funny and works well with Arcades. Marble Titan is a meekstone with legs. Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive makes your team unblockable. And Heroic Intervention is pretty good.