|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Into the Core
Exile two target artifacts.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Into the Core Discussion
3 weeks ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
3 months ago
So far, I found in my collection for you a True Conviction, Radiant Purge, Akroma's Vengeance, Unclaimed Territory, Burn from Within, Into the Core, Lightning Helix, Ranging Raptors, Thundering Spineback, Gruul Turf, Pillar of Origins and Seal of the Guildpact.
7 months ago
If your goal is to buff Licia, give her Sunforger and toss a ton of Mardu's best spells in. Things like:
Path to Exile
Swords to Plowshares
Return to Dust
Into the Core
Tempest of Light
Temur Battle Rage
9 months ago
I'll start with the questions since that's easier.
1) +x/+0 effects are not necessary. Damage multipliers could be nice since you will be playing a fair-er deck.
2) Dreadnought is worth the money for the right deck. That deck is piloted by Varolz, the Scar-Striped. I wouldn't consider it for Brion.
3) Kiki-jiki is worth it. A wonderful combo piece that can go wild in almost every deck that runs red. In your colours, he could be a secondary win condition with Restoration Angel and Zealous Conscripts (you could add more combo pieces but that would draw the deck away from what you want to do by taking too many slots).
Alright! Now on with suggestions and notable omissions:
Bloodshot Cyclops is a second Brion and I think it's necessary in every Brion deck as a backup.
Might Makes Right is an interesting repeatable threaten effect. The drawback can be negated by most giants since they tend to be larger than average.
Vicious Shadows can be another mighty red enchantment.
As a matter of fact I would include less creatures that die at end of turn. Either that or include more recursion like Karmic Guide and Sun Titan. Try to find space for Kor Cartographer and Knight of the White Orchid as some of the only land-ramp in white.
Another major issue with the deck is your Sunforger. Where are the instants it will tutor for!? You need to improve that package with a lot of other cards. My suggestions for a decent boros package are Into the Core, Boros Charm, Swords to Plowshares, Return to Dust, Wild Ricochet and Master Warcraft.
Then card draw... I'd like to see (a lot) more, you will probably like to see more as well. But in boros that may be rough, sadly...
For boardwipes you have the classics (e.g. Day of Judgment) but you may find some interest in cards like False Prophet and Bearer of the Heavens. They can be very political and can prove a very literal threat with your commander. Otherwise opt for cards that offer versatility like Tragic Arrogance and Fell the Mighty.
Lastly, i would recommend taking a look at Brion's page on EDHRec. It's by no means the golden standard to pick cards from there, but it's a decent source of inspiration.
I hope this was at least a little bit insightful for you. It's always nice to see unconventional commanders and I would have loved to see a Brion deck at my table!
1 year ago
Then may I suggest a Sunforger package? Helps both aspects of aggro and control.
There's so many strong instants in white and red and a lot of blue ones that share either white, or red. Like Counterflux and Render Silent in addition to the plethora of removal (e.g. Swords to Plowshares) and protection (e.g. Apostle's Blessing). There's just too many choices to make and those can be meta-related, but some that are always strong include those I've already mentioned plus Return to Dust, Into the Core, and Boros Charm.
Hope this helps a little bit more than before!
1 year ago
To be honest, you are not playing control per se, but, more of a group-slug variant. Run more rattlesnake effects! Where is your False Prophet and your Koskun Falls? Hell, I might have been running Bearer of the Heavens (not likely without Eerie Interlude) next to my Orzhov Advokist (definite inclusion)! :p
A Royal Assassin is more handy than a Dark Impostor when you don't want to keep 6 mana open every turn. He also doesn't grow bigger with every activation but he always threats a kill at instant speed if something dares to attack you without being vigilant :p
I would also consider the double damage enchantments to be removed as well, as they work against you as much as they do for you. Use the Curse of Bloodletting to incentivise people in more direct way. The dictate is good though because of flash...
Your maybeboard has some real gems! Especially fond of Martyr's Bond!
Also a Sunforger with 3 targets only is a very sad Sunforger... It's meant to be the answer-stick! Get that Chaos Warp, Oblation, Terminate, Mortify, Return to Dust, Into the Core, Retaliate, Wild Ricochet, Utter End and Anguished Unmaking... maybe even a Master Warcraft? That, or remove Sunforger since it won't be doing much for you as a +4/+0 buff.
1 year ago
Sorry. The bottom right is kinda my blindspot. I expected it to be put in the support section. In that case you may want to consider either a Ghostway for the Sunforger package, or a Legion's Initiative for more relevant re-entry timing and the static anthem if you're in an every turn is two boardwipes meta like me. Unfortunately there isn't much that beats the ever present Cyclonic Rift.
If you're a fortunate soul who actually gets to play with creatures in their meta then you can probably make space for a Bastion Protector for the Queen or a Selfless Squire to protect yourself (and let fools think they can take the crown) when Comeuppance is unavailable. If you're deck isn't in need of defenses you can go harder with a Legion Loyalist for easy/cheap first strike/trample/no-chumpblock-mode for all your deathtouch/haste. In super low curves you can actually take a Prophetic Flamespeaker as a sword wielder if you want more cards than Armory Automaton can offer. If theres a lot of artifacts in your meta Into the Core can fit in the forger as well as a Master Warcraft if you're into more flexible combat trickery.
Hopefully something there makes up for my mistake.
1 year ago
Sunscorch Regent, Tyrant's Familiar, Wardscale Dragon, Hellkite Tyrant (Not a win-con, is just good for shutting down artifacts). There are more obviously, those are just the cheap ones I can think of off the top of my head.
You asked for enchantments; however, they aren't the biggest things to worry about. War's Toll is good (stops counter magic) and so is Blind Obedience (you are already a threat because of Kaalia, BO won't make it worse)