|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.
|Have (3)||robbnoble , Forkbeard , adventfaith|
|Want (9)||Nuregami , SkylordAleksander , MagikMic , beastboyrolf23 , Venus_In_Furs , ntdjohnson , PTsmitty , derankerdave , Lavatails|
Aura Shards Discussion
6 hours ago
Howling Giant makes you two more tokens, plus helps to protect against flyers, a common problem with wolf tribal decks. Emmara Tandris can make all your tokens stay around, though she is kinda mana intensive. And with that many creatures coming onto the battlefield, Aura Shards could really put you over the top. I also don't get why Guardian Project is not just a staple in creature based commander decks. Landwise, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood and Gavony Township could really work wonders for you. Hope that's of some help to you, enjoy running with the wolf pack!
2 days ago
Sorry for answering late THCue, I've been busy the last weeks. You have some very nice cards in your deck, thank you for posting the list. I'll go into detail for some cards and share my opinion.
Aura Shards I really like it and this card will be added sooner or later.
As I said earlier, I just don't want to add fetch lands for different reasons. I don't think they are mandatory for mana fixing in this deck, also the price might turn some people off.
A friend of mine runs Slaughter the Strong in one of his Oathbreaker decks. I don't think it isn't that good because an opponent can still haven 4 1/1 creatures to block your stuff or to have a engine. I'm happy when it is this board wipe instead of another one because I can save some creatures.
Cards like Sunpetal Grove rarely come in tapped, but that's personal taste.
On a side note Sacred Rites won me a game yesterday. I discarded 4 cards and swung big. I'll keep testing it.
The_Declan I once had both cards in the deck. It really is personal preference what to keep and add between both of them. I rarely block with my creatures so the ability is negligible for me. But thank you for your suggestion!
5 days ago
I have a few suggestions for you:
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- Null Rod
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence
- Aura Shards
- Worldly Tutor
- Demonic Tutor
- Vampiric Tutor
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Generous Gift
- Assassin's Trophy
- Hull Breach
- Stony Silence
- Price of Glory
- Dosan the Falling Leaf
- City of Solitude
- Return to the Ranks
- Immortal Servitude
- Suture Priest
- Mother of Runes
- Giver of Runes
- Dark Confidant
- Sylvan Library
- Leonin Relic-Warder
6 days ago
I have been playing enchantment based decks for quite some time now and I got a couple sugestions for you:
- Grasp of Fate
- Oblivion Ring
- Banishing Light
- Journey to Nowhere
- Stasis Snare
- Imprisoned in the Moon
- Song of the Dryads
- Prison Term
- Aura Shards
Hate and Protection
And some amazing non-budget cards:
1 week ago
Hey bushido_man96, thanks for your input!
1 week ago
I'd recommend exchanging Path to Exile with the new Generous Gift ; it has more flexibility. Also, I know this isn't exactly a budget suggestion, but Aura Shards would be very potent for your token strategy.
1 week ago
Okay here I go I might tweak it more but this is the only change I did.
What I have in my deck vs yours...
Mizzium Skin Added Protection
Windswept Heath swamped out a land that could come in tapped
Fog Bank great for that tron or a bigger mob
Aura Shards just broken in this deck kill everything!
Congregation at Dawn tutor for Tetsuko
Slaughter the Strong Another board whip but not mine!
Teyo, the Shieldmage Hexproof plus wallsnot to bad...
And here is what I don't have in mine...
Thallid Shell-Dweller I really do this this is poop and we can have a better card I hate saplings lol
Meekstone Our walls are bigger than most creatures. With Tys out we run through them anyways.
Sacred Rites Deffo not to many ways for this to go wrong.
Sunpetal Grove open hand means this could come in tapped and not a fan of tapped chanced duals this is a fast deck.
Perimeter Captain not to keen on this card but who knows it's an option.
Wall of Deceit it's ability is poop. pulled him out.
This is our only differences in our decks. Like I said it's too strong to play with my friends, so I've been trying more casual decks for fun.
2 weeks ago
Hey, thanks a lot for your suggestions! There might be couple I'd like to use. As for the others, I've listed my thoughts below:
- I am already using Parallel Lives , and I'm not sure my deck relies enough on tokens to justify running both that and Anointed Procession , especially since it doesn't work with Tolsimir (aside from giving me the extra 3 life). If I feel I need to extra token generation, I might consider throwing in a procession.
- Bower Passage , I don't really like. I dislike cards that straight up turn my creatures unblockable for the right opponent (and may do nothing for others). Dense Canopy I like more, since it affects the whole table, and might therefor work better as a diplomatic tool. Same goes for Gravity Well . The problem remains though that they're dead cards if I'm playing against someone without flyers out. For a first draft I'd rather rely on the removal granted by the fighting ability and see if I still have enough trouble with flyers to justify one of them.
- Coat of Arms I don't like much as a card, and it goes against the theme. The last goes for Generous Gift as well, I think Beast Within fits the theme much better.
- I might add Skyshroud Claim if I feel I need more ramp. Nature's Lore I just just don't like in EDH. It has too little impact to be worth a card slot for me.
- I had been looking at my lack of recursion, and considering something like Praetor's Counsel to address it, but I felt it went too much against the theme. Seasons Past is a much better alternative. I'll consider adding it.
- Lastly, I'm going to straight up disagree with you that Aura Shards is in any way better than Sylvan Reclamation . Not only does it exile the targets (which helps against indestructible targets like Gods or Darksteel Forge , against which Aura shards is useless), but it's instant speed whereas I need to pre-emptively cast Aura Shards to be able to respond to artifacts or enchantments coming out, giving my opponents a chance to deal with it before they play their big targets (or get a free turn with them if I hold the Shards back). On top of that, I can basic landcycle the reclamation if I ever find myself in dire need of land. I had considered Aura Shards instead of Nullmage Shepherd , as they are much more comparable, but ended up opting for the shepherd since it allows me to more easily destroy targets on instant speed (since I just need untapped creatures rather than a way to pump out creatures on instant speed to trigger it).
I couldn't help but notice you had a list of your own. I'll take a look at it later and let you know my thoughts on that.
Aura Shards occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
GW (Selesnya): 1.76%
RGW (Naya): 1.71%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 2.67%
GWU (Bant): 0.74%