|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2.
Whenever equipped creature dies, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield and attach Deathrender to it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||rebelteddybear , pskinn01 , sneferie , Psycheretic , Spinalripper , SketchyScribbler , DudeMan1031 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , sonnet666 , , rakdos24 , golgarigirl , mziter501 , warcry02 , CoolBeansBrattah , Ellyreia , , Rez09 , Friedrice24 , joshw335 , angesoir|
|Want (2)||vashaclarens , Turtlelover73|
8 hours ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
2 days ago
4 days ago
Gravedigger + Cadaver Imp + Deathrender might be fun with Altar of Dementia. You could run Mastermind's Acquisition, Dimir Machinations, Spoils of the Vault, and Dark Petition in addition to Diabolic Tutor to get your combo pieces.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hey there! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you; I've been rather busy. I can't see your deck, so I don't know what you're already running, but I would recommend cards like Grafted Wargear, Grafted Exoskeleton, Sunforger, Deathrender, Masterwork of Ingenuity, Barbed Battlegear, Bonesplitter, and Stitcher's Graft. If you don't already have them in the deck, I would also recommend a large number of Act of Treason effects, especially repeatable ones like Captivating Crew. Good luck!
2 weeks ago
so my all time favorite combo i have found with meren has to be Kozilek, the Great Distortion + Razaketh, the Foulblooded +Deathrender . with razaketh and kozilek you just sacrifice creatures to feed meren and tutor up cards with the right cmc to discard with kozilek to counter any spell and fuel your graveyard. and deth render just means if your sacrificing creatures holding it you can tutor up what creatures you need and immediately drop them. so say you dont have a card in your deck with the right cmc to counter, but its in your graveyard. tutor eternal witness attach it, and i mean its just so much fun. for you at least. my play group has banned meren.
2 weeks ago
You are in a color combination that is notoriously poor at mana ramping, I recommend removing Ashnod's Altar, Deathrender, Sword of Vengeance, Moonsilver Spear and add 4 lands for a total of 38 for better consistency. Some other helpers to consider are Kor Cartographer and Knight of the White Orchid, chump blockers and land fetchers all in one.
Look forward to see how you evolve the deck. +1
2 weeks ago
The first card that comes to mind is Yahenni, Undying Partisan; it's a step toward the speed problem and not enough fatty problem, and fits the sac theme if you decide that. Sometimes to speed up your game, you have to slow down your opponent with Frozen AEther, Urabrask the Hidden, Baral's Expertise (which speeds you up as well), Vandalblast, Static Orb, etc. Beside that, there's ramp and sneaking in cards to really speed up your game. Consider Sneak Attack or Quicksilver Amulet, Deathrender or Clone Shell; also consider rocks like Commander's Sphere, Dreamstone Hedron, Hedron Archive, Heartstone/ Carnival of Souls for unearth, Semblance Anvil and Nightscape Familiar. There's also cards that help your opponent as well, but if you've more value it could work: Mana Flare, Dream Halls, Braids, Conjurer Adept.
Situations where you're in a stahlwart, loosing, and have huge problems, are different from situation where you're at parity and have equal footing. At parity, card advantage and evasion rule. Chariot of Victory and Haunted Cloak, Archetype of Endurance/ Archetype of Aggression/ Filth/ Wonder/ Brawn, Hot Soup/ Deepfathom Skulker/ Whispersilk Cloak, maybe Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm, all of these can help close a game. This deck needs much more draw, especially with some discard outlets you have. Cards like Arcanis/ Humble Defector (good unearth target), Skullclamp, The Immortal Sun, Harvester of Souls, Phyrexian Arena, Divination/ Faithless Looting/ Concentrate, Chandra, Flamecaller, Open Into Wonder. If you're loosing, usually board wipes are the best answer. Black Sun's Zenith, Toxic Deluge, Archfiend of Depravity, Perilous Vault/ Worldfire, All Is Dust, all for dealing with indestructible. You could also add some fatties or deathtouchers like Taurean Mauler, Consuming Aberration, Scourge of Geier Reach, Nighthowler, Ophiomancer, Ogre Slumlord.
It's rather hard to suggest versatile cards without answering direct metas, do you have any specific cards or strategies giving you trouble right now?
For general versatility, there's Rakdos Charm/ Rampaging Ferocidon, Gravepurge/ Footbottom Feast to protect your graveyard, which is rather important in this deck, Thief of Blood/ Vampire Hexmage for atraxa/ planeswalkers. For a combo heavy meta, there's Time Stop/ Summary Dismissal, Torpor Orb/ Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Praetor's Grasp/ Sadistic Sacrament to extract combo pieces. Stranglehold, Defense Grid/ Wild Ricochet (which is a counterspell) for control decks. Clever Impersonator or Phyrexian Metamorph adds a bunch of versatility, maybe some tutors to directly answer something.
For this deck, I would reinforce your themes of mill, reanimation, and draw, and probably add more ramp and board wipes. I personally like ETB/ death triggers over big 'uns and tokens, so that's going to heavily influence my opinion. If you were to go wide, you could add threaten effects and Faerie Artisans to sac them, you could add Genesis Chamber/ Grave Titan/ Wurmcoil Engines/ Spawning Pit for tokens, Dragon Throne of Tarkir for combat tricks. Also, to make the deck stronger, I could point out some of the weaker cards. Like Worn Powerstone, I'd rather add Hedron Archive or Dreamstone Hedron; Star Compass is OK, but I wanted to point it out because it doesn't fix your colors, I'd suggest Realmwright to unearth/ Fellwar Stone; Spell Pierce is not too good in my opinion as is way too easy to pay, I'd rather have Mental Misstep/ Foil; Death's Approach can be replaced with Snuff Out, Sudden Death, Sickening Shoal with all the big creatures you have. You made a lot of good picks though, like Teferi's Veil, Flayer of the Hatebound, Stitch Together, etc., those are rather strong in my opinion.
If I had the commanders or strategies you're facing I think I could answer better, but I hope this helps you take step towards a stronger deck! I'm always here