|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Twenty (V13)||Mythic Rare|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Swords to Plowshares
Exile target creature. Its controller gains life equal to its power.
|Have (5)||, CampbellStev , Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , lorddarkstar|
|Want (19)||Shouden , Soara , Ellana , rashia , wizconroy , dickinmyass , BlackShads , SherlockHolm , Fixed , the_moonshiner , GabenLagann , undocumented , LynxOnAcid , SpetznazM16 , Sjachkepesk0515 , MTG_Optometry , Noximeus , Fuzzy79 , TheBearMan4084|
Swords to Plowshares Discussion
3 days ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
4 days ago
Other good cards for Primal Genesis
also replace some of the lands with artifact mana ramp there are some better ones like signets are better than lockets
5 days ago
Some cards that I use in my Bruna deck that could have applications here in Uril:
Soltari Visionary is a great, nearly 100% unblockable creature that acts as some additional removal.
Umbra Mystic gives all of your auras totem armor. This felt lackluster until I saw how much of my opponents' resources it could consume as they focused on trying to eliminate it and anything else enchanted.
Heliod's Pilgrim and Three Dreams ...why make do with just any old aura you happen to draw? Go get your best ones. I usually fetch Eldrazi Conscription but Bruna also can cheat it into play so the CMC isn't such of a concern.
1 week ago
I like cards like Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile , especially for their mana cost, but I've found cards like Generous Gift and Beast Within to be tons more flexible. I'd also second Evolution Sage , and probably Karn's Bastion .
Your land count looks really low, too, especially without running any of the zero-drop mana artifacts to make up for it. If it were me, I'd probably run no less than 37 lands, especially in a 4 color deck, but that's just me.
1 week ago
A cheap removal spell in this deck would be a Bone Splinters this of course depends on your meta.
Falkenrath Noble is another good card that also punishes other players who try to set up their sac engine and moves you toward your goal of winning.
I know it is a little pricier at $2ish but a Swords to Plowshares will be invaluable at keeping you alive.
I like Kambal, Consul of Allocation I didn't even know about that card. It doesn't synergize as much with the deck (except for it being a two power card) but it is a nice deterrent.
I dislike Ankle Shanker in this deck because his deathtouch/first strike ability don't trigger when you bring him onto the battlefield from the graveyard tapped and attacking. Which is a HUGE bummer.
I want to get the Archetype of Finality for my deck as well that is pure value in Alesha.
Overall I like it, you have all of the essentials in here. The biggest thing that I notice though is that you don't seem to have that many sacrifice outlets for this deck to get your infinite Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap combo off. I'd recommend Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar but those are pricey af and I can only recommend if you REALLY like this deck. But there are plenty of cheap ones that I run!
All of the above are under a dollar in price and able to get that sac engine up and running for you.
Anyway I know this was a lot but I hope that it helps you have a good deck here. Enjoy it!
1 week ago
I've got an Aurelia the war leader angel tribal deck that you can look at if you'd like, even though it would not fit your list of rules for the league. Aurelia's Angelic crusade
1 week ago
Hey Kehrmann15, here are some thoughts about the deck, especially how to improve it with cards we already have in our playgroup.
Arvad the Cursed : In the current deck he probably has too few other Legendaries he can reliably pump. I would tend to replace him with a lord who pushes all the Knights. For example I could give you Benalish Marshal .
Kwende, Pride of Femeref : Similar to Arvad, there are very few targets at the moment. (Three Knights with Firststrike.) As a good replacement I could give you e.g. Aryel, Knight of Windgrace . Besides her respectable 4/4 vigilance (especially useful in multiplayer) she is a "mana sink", so she can use open mana even if you can't play hand cards. Specifically, she creates Knights tokens or destroys other creatures on each turn.
Belle of the Brawl and Skynight Vanguard would be shaky candidates for me, which could ideally be replaced by stronger Knights. Perfect would be for example Puresteel Paladin and Knight Exemplar . But both are not quite cheap and unfortunately I don't have them either.
Otherwise I'd rather go in the direction of 25 creatures, so maybe add two more value creatures. For example, I could give you the two: Kambal, Consul of Allocation fits well to your drain theme. Which you did to Neotopian and me last time. Sram, Senior Edificer lets you draw a card for each piece of equipment.
This brings us directly to the next topic.
Card Draw still seems to me to be the weakest point in the deck. Cards I can give you from my collection would be Read the Bones (e.g. as a replacement for Call the Cavalry , because you don't really play Go-Wide with the deck and hardly profit from it), Skullclamp and Sunforger (both equipment with which you have more synergies and absolute "must haves" in the deck). Especially Sunforger is crazy with your Commander, if you can fetch a CMC4 Instant for 2 mana and cast for free.
For the Sunforger to work properly, we need a few more instants with impact for <=CMC4.
Removal should be as versatile as possible ("target permanent" is better than "target creature") and as reliable as possible ("destroy" or even "exile" better than "x damage"). Therefore I would replace Integrity / Intervention by Utter End and Justice Strike by Swords to Plowshares (if any of us have it). Adamant Will is only good in special situations, so I would replace it with a good removal. I could give you Bedevil for example.
In order to have Sunforger or other cards on hand at the right time, a few tutors would be helpful. For example, I could give you Diabolic Tutor from my collection. Open the Armory would also be a cheap tutor who fits well to your topic.
I'm not finished on the other topics yet, but here are my first notes on equipment, mana rocks and lands:
Find a few stronger pieces of equipment to replace the following:
No Taplands without upside (Gates etc.). If we don't find better duals (e.g. the scry temples would offer a nice upside) replace them with basics.
1 week ago
As a premium Bird-tribal pilot, you could at least include the Ice Ace printing of Swords to Plowshares .
Carrier Pigeons wouldn't hurt either. xD
Swords to Plowshares occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 1.32%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.33%
WU (Azorius): 3.19%
GW (Selesnya): 2.45%
WB (Orzhov): 1.41%
RW (Boros): 4.51%
WUB (Esper): 1.63%
RBW (Mardu): 1.62%
RGW (Naya): 3.27%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 3.92%
GWU (Bant): 1.78%