|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Twenty (V13)||Mythic Rare|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Swords to Plowshares
Exile target creature. Its controller gains life equal to its power.
Swords to Plowshares Discussion
9 hours ago
Hey, nice budget deck, less than $100, well done.
Budget upgrades ($2 or less each, most are less than $1) to consider:
- Command Tower > Temple of the False God
- Port Town > Evolving Wilds
- Irrigated Farmland > Azorius Guildgate
- Etherium Sculptor > Opaline Unicorn
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation > Howling Golem
- Sai, Master Thopterist > Aerial Engineer
- Steel Hellkite > Colossus of Akros
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator > Daring Archaeologist
- Weatherlight > Ojutai Monument
- Meteor Golem > Pardic Wanderer
- Myr Battlesphere > Metalwork Colossus
- The Antiquities War > Always Watching
- Artificer's Assistant > Loyal Sentry
- Urza's Ruinous Blast > Mass Manipulation
- Azorius Signet > Azorius Locket
- Mind Stone > Worn Powerstone
- Counterspell > Thought Collapse
- Arcane Denial > Admiral's Order
- Dissipate > Absorb
- Negate > Scatter to the Winds
- Brainstorm > Chronomaton
- Impulse > Repel the Abominable
- Swords to Plowshares > Choking Restraints
- Dispatch > Pacifism
- Crush Contraband > Invoke the Divine
- Deep Freeze > Dampening Pulse
- Remember the Fallen > Not Forgotten
Can add all these cards for about $20. I offer more help if you would like.
Good luck with your deck.
17 hours ago
Well, yes Brainstorm is pretty awesome, if you can dig something nice. But as you mention, for this I should have more control and to react in instant speed I only have 3. xD I will take this in mind. For later changes, but I took the Marble Titan , Serra's Blessing , Murmuring Phantasm and Wall of Mist out and add Nature's Claim , Reality Shift , Swords to Plowshares and Tower Defense .
18 hours ago
Hey, if you like control and your meta is that much aggro then you probably want to play primary white for board wipes ( Day of Judgment , Supreme Verdict , Fumigate , etc.) and anti-aggro cards ( Blind Obedience , Authority of the Consuls , Ghostly Prison , Swords to Plowshares , etc.)
To help your $120 budget for the manabase you could can play Oloro as two primary colors (blue and white) and only splash black for him using some budget lands in the manabase ( Swamp , Command Tower , Exotic Orchard (if an opponent is playing black), Caves of Koilos , Sunken Hollow , Choked Estuary , etc.) and budget mana rocks ( Dimir Signet , Orzhov Signet , Fellwar Stone (if an opponent is playing black), Talisman of Dominance , Commander's Sphere , Chromatic Lantern , etc.)
1 week ago
With that commander I would go with exile effects for removal to get around indestructable. Swords to Plowshares is a good cheap one.
Counter magic works well also, countering big spells like omniscience.
There are also cards which will stop omniscience and other cost reduction spells in this color combo. Cards that won't allow free spells to resolve. Just depends on how much of your deck you want/need to devote to shutting down the top threat.
And yes, with 3 color you would need to devote at least half your $100 budget to upgrade mana. There are cheaper ways to go about it, but 99% of the comes into play tapped lands need to go. This will allow you to speed up your deck alot.
And as suggested already, blink deck would be a way to go with your commander.
1 week ago
1 week ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
1 week ago
Ajani's Mantra - Too slow. Way too little impact. We don't have triggers off life gaining a lot so we can replace this.
Rise of the Hobgoblins - We aren't really interested in the effect towards our gameplan. The first strike can be nice. But not the best thing we can be looking at.
Scourge of the Nobilis - We don't have anything that we really benefit from putting this on. Brion already has lifeling, and his sacrifice ability is based on the sacrificed creatures power so we don't want to pump him either. Then putting it on a creature we want to sacrifice is setting ourselves up to loose out on cards by 2 for 1nning ourselves. There are some other enchantments that we may play that recur themselves but we will come back to those later.
Searing Meditation - I really want to like this card but it seems rather low damage for mana investment keeping 2 up all the time. However if we end up with a lot of ways to gain lots of individual triggers. Then this could be worth it.
A couple of these are just upgrade them but keep the same idea. These ones are all effects that we want but probably not this exact version. And we might want more of them.
Others should probably just be replaced, maybe with more version of the above effect.
Pact of the Titan - The free 4/4 with flash is pretty good. But unlikely to win you the game with it. It effectively costs you 5 mana for it and because it doesn't have Haste it isn't winning you the game before you have to pay for it.
Soul's Grace - A card that only gains you life in one burst is usually not worth it. If it did something else too then maybe. But not just life gain.
Giant's Ire - Just isn't worth it really. It doesn't do enough for the mana.
Feudkiller's Verdict - While this effectively could be a 6 mana 5/5 that gains you 10 life on enter. Which isn't bad, it could still sometimes be stuck in hand unable to make the 5/5. So while this can be decent, It can be bad.
We can afford to cut 2 or 3. I usually recommend 36-7 with around 10 nonland mana sources. Because this runs a lot of big guys, we want to consistantly hit our mana so we want 37.
Armillary Sphere - This doesn't actually ramp us it helps us hit out land drops though which is a good thing. However there are a couple of other cards which do similar while being repeatable or having other effects that go with it
Paradise Plume - We want mana ramp, this is possibly just too slow though. Rocks that tap for 1 colour are usually 2 mana. Our 4 mana rocks tap for multiple mana usually.
1 week ago
Thanks and you're welcome.
I'll try out the three boardwipes, and see how playtesting goes.
I see your point on TP and Heroic. TP, as you said, pretty much says "you can't lose the game until the start of your next turn" and Heroic gives hexproof and indestructible to ALL permanents, not just creatures with +1/+1 counters.
I see your point on Tuskguard Captain vs Zegana. However, Captain is three mana but I still think I'll swap the two.
I agree with you that instant speed is really good and STP shouldn't be replaced. I'll take the Talisman for STP.
Swords to Plowshares occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 1,32%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,33%
W/U (Azorius): 3,19%
GW (Selesnya): 2,45%
W/B (Orzhov): 1,41%
RW (Boros): 4,51%
W/U/B (Esper): 1,63%
RBW (Mardu): 1,62%
RGW (Naya): 3,27%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 3,92%
GWU (Bant): 1,78%