|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Twenty||Mythic Rare|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition II||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Uncommon|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Swords to Plowshares
Exile target creature. Its controller gains life equal to its power.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (37)||Hootiequack , DruneGrey , AlertKnave8075 , zachi , DrLitebur , , ibraJG84 , VampireArm , tragic_slip , REV666 , gosora , ZombieFood , acbooster , pskinn01 , Sparky41 , Roadhog , Kravian , rockleemyhero , HR19 , Vergil_Redgrail , LTmiller , Swamy , MoJoMiXuP , Spinalripper , oryandaw , rebelteddybear , TheRealPeaches , CampbellStev , NostalgicAce , TheAlmostHero , DrPopular , Poptartz95 , HydraOoze , Mousemke , jrschnoebelen , buildingadeck , cryptoplasm|
|Want (7)||Sasuin , BlueMageBrandon , Turtlelover73 , Oloro_Magic , moonmonster , fireborne1986 , hwagner|
Swords to Plowshares Discussion
5 hours ago
12 hours ago
Maybe play Swords to Plowshares instead of Path to Exile because the lifegain doenst have a bad impact on you but the land search does if you dont have Archive Trap in hand. Maybe split for 2 of both instead for 4 Path to Exiles
23 hours ago
1 day ago
I really like the Deck you came up with.
I have a few questions I'd like to ask you: What do you think of Boardwipes la Terminus?
I think Nevermore would also be a nice option in this deck.
1 day ago
Destroy target planeswalker.
If you cast this during your mainphase, you may pay , if you do, Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
1 day ago
You definitely want some spot removal. However, it needs to be efficient, otherwise you'll end up wasting mana if you need to hold up lands in order to cast your removal during an opponent's turn. If you aggressively tutor for Murasa Pyromancer, then your blink effects can act as removal, but that still requires at least 6 mana to get the creature onboard.
Here's a list of removal spells that I like:
- Snuff Out: You never need to hardcast this. Being able to tap out and still kill a threat is awesome.
- Slaughter Pact: Kill a creature now, pay mana later? Sign me up!
- Swords to Plowshares: one of the best removal spells ever printed.
- Path to Exile: a worse version of Swords to Plowshares is still insanely good.
- Vendetta: It's Doom Blade, except you pay 1-7 life instead of an extra .
- Condemn: It's worse than Swords to Plowshares, but being able to remove a creature without letting it go to your opponent's graveyard (aka, their second hand) can be crucial.
- Prey Upon: This is pretty conditional, but if you consistently have big creatures onboard, then it's pretty mana-efficient.
- Pongify/Rapid Hybridization: Giving your opponent a 3/3 isn't really a big deal. Creatures get way too big in this format, and is way less than you should probably be paying for this effect.
- Go for the Throat: Kills more relevant creatures than Doom Blade, for the same price.
- Doom Blade: Kills things dead. Not hitting black creatures is a fairly large drawback, but as long as you're careful about how many "nonblack" removal spells you play, having a couple isn't an issue.
- Victim of Night: Vampires and Werewolves are basically non-entities in this format, so you basically only need to know that this card can't hit zombies. Given that 99.99% of zombies played in EDH are black, that means Victim of Night kills more relevant creatures than Doom Blade.
- Malicious Affliction: Doom Blade, except it can kill two creatures if you time it properly.
- Terminate: It's difficult to find a better removal spell than Terminate.
- Reprisal: I don't like this card, but it is cheap to acquire, so if you're operating more on a budget, Reprisal a reasonable choice.
- Dromoka's Command: Requires you to have a reasonable creature, but it's incredibly flexible.
- Reality Shift: Given how useless a single 2/2 is in EDH, Reality Shift basically reads "Exile target creature. Its controller draws a card about 20-50% of the time".
- Seal of Doom: This card requires some explanation. While it doesn't provide card advantage and it isn't as mana-efficient as Doom Blade, being able to pay for the card in advance is a reasonable tradeoff. However, the main reason I like this card is that it often discourages people from playing good targets for this spell (namely, dangerous creatures that threaten to take over the game).
- Beast Within: As with Rapid Hybridization and Pongify, a 3/3 isn't worth much in EDH. Being able to destroy any permanent is well worth the 3 mana spent on it.
- Crosis's Charm: Not the most efficient, but it is incredibly flexible.
- Sultai Charm: See above.
- Mortify: 3 mana is more than I want to spend when killing a creature, but being able to hit enchantments makes this card much more appealing.
- Putrefy: See above, but replace "enchantment" with "artifact".
- Anguished Unmaking: Nuke a permanent for almost no downside. What's not to love?
- Reckless Spite: Kills 2 creatures.
- Unmake: It's a little on the expensive side, but sometimes exiling is important.
- Silence the Believers: Having the option to Strive to hit multiple targets makes this card much more palatable. Silence the Believers isn't great, but it's useful.
Some of these cards might not be the easiest to acquire, especially if you're on a budget, but even the less expensive options are good cards.
2 days ago
I think you could upgrade Pacifism, Doom Blade, Ultimate Price and Lightning Bolt into Darksteel Mutation, Snuff Out, Murderous Cut and Swords to Plowshares.
As for acceleration, Generator Servant seems like great fit. I don't understand why you are running Darksteel Citadel though. I can't see any useful synergies in your list. A couple of your tapped lands could make room for Dragonskull Summit, Sulfurous Springs, Caves of Koilos, Isolated Chapel, Clifftop Retreat or other untapped dual lands.
Hellkite Tyrant is another great dragon, i highly recommend it.
2 days ago
Stoneblade (more specifically deathblade) is my favorite deck in magic. I've been picking up pieces for it for awhile now, but I'm a college student and I've seen too many posts about people selling collections to pay bills that I don't want to invest in anything like duals or force of wills. I'm totally down for trading for them over a long period of time, but I don't want to buy them.
That said, I still want to participate in weekly LGS legacy tournaments if I can. I have no intentions of winning much, but I would like to take a few games a night. Oh yeah, and I'm super stubborn and insisting on playing a deck with Stoneforge Mystic and probably a blue deck at that, since I own Snapcaster Mage and fetches already. I can spend a little bit acquiring pieces to complete a list, but nothing like forces, duals, jace, and preferably not true-name namesis, though trading for one of those or a Karakas is a possibility, though unlikely.
Here's my current attempt at a decklist. Any advice for the deck would be much appreciated. The idea is Misdirection instead of Force of Will and a lot of awful fetching. I expect to fold to eldrazi and probably burn, but win vs death and taxes and give delver a run for their money. No jace makes beating BUG pretty tough, but not impossible.
Here are relevant cards I own: Show
- 4x Polluted Delta
- 4x Bloodstained Mire
- 1x Watery Grave
- 2x Creeping Tar Pit
- Relatively, shocks aren't that expensive so I can get Hallowed Fountain and Godless Shrine easily enough. Same for Flooded Strand.
Control, cantrips, and removal:
- 4x Brainstorm
- 4x Ponder
- 4x Swords to Plowshares
- 2x Engineered Explosives
- 1x Supreme Verdict
- 2x Thoughtseize
- 2x Spell Pierce
- 1x Counterspell
- 2x Misdirection
And anything in Rocket Science (my modern deck).