|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Choose a permanent type. Return all cards of the chosen type from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Creeping Renaissance Discussion
1 week ago
Deserves an up-vote for what I presume is A Tribe Called Quest reference in the deck name alone. However, this does look like a pretty badass deck in its own right. I echo the Craterhoof Behemoth suggestion. If I had to choose between my behemoths, he'd get the nod over Siege Behemoth. Also, why so little sorceries? The Gruul color pie has some good ones that I'd think would find a home in this deck. I'd add Blasphemous Act so you have at least one sweeper (I'd remove Sandwurm Convergence to make room) and then any one of or a combination of Eternal Witness/Creeping Renaissance/Praetor's Counsel to get stuff back from the graveyard. Decimate is also an excellent Gruul card, though you do have some like it. This will certainly give me some inspiration if I decide to do a werewolves deck, which has always been at the back of my mind since I have so many of the cards. Awesome stuff, man!
1 week ago
1 week ago
The idea is to get down Whisperer of the Wilds and Birds of Paradise as extra mana gain. Also trying to get down Hardened Scales asap. The deck Benefits by getting Managorger Hydra down by turn 2 or turn 3. Omnath, Locus of Mana helps keep my mana pool full which helps late game and helps get my extra boosts for managorger down faster. Stag Beetle Garruk, Caller of Beasts are there for the extra creature defense Stag is interchangable with my side boards as well. Garruk helps get more creatures down late game. The rest of the cards are there for more boosts in +1/+1 and making Managorger hit even harder. Creeping Renaissance and Verdant Confluence help bring My creatures and other cards back.
I feel like the mana boost is nice but cant figure out how to get the deck to run smoother. It also needs some extra umpf from Oppenent Control like trample or something to help me get through defenses.
I'm super close on finishing this deck and would really appreciate any tips or advice on what I could potentially add or remove. Side boards would be good too.
All advice welcome!!
2 weeks ago
I built two decks to test different paths I could take this deck:
1) A temur deck: Full of loot spells and cantrips to dig through the deck as quickly as possible. The wincondition was Splendid Reclamation with Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle. No interaction, no Seismic Assault.
2) A jund deck: Moderate looting, Seismic Assault with Shadow of the Grave, Life from the Loam, 1 Creeping Renaissance, The Gitrog Monster and some interaction in the form of 4 Abrupt Decay and 2 Lightning Bolt.
With no opponent I needed on average about 6 turns to assemble a kill with deck 1). I only went through a few hands with deck 2), but it seems only slightly slower (if at all). Deck 1) seems way to easy to board against - a Nihil Spellbomb or Relic of Progenitus and it's unlikely that I win. In deck 2) I have more control over the graveyard resources, but I'm still vulnerable to it. Btw The Gitrog Monster felt amazing (thanks @Kuubudaraa).
After looking at the two win conditions separatly, I'm considering removing the Splendid Reclamation + Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle interaction completely from the deck, since it increases my dependancy on the graveyard, it makes the manabase quite difficult and it gives me a bit more space. Any thoughts?
3 weeks ago
Hey there, like the others before i give you the tipp that your deck lacks on a mana ramp (your creatures are rly big) Try out some Rampant Growth or Cultivate. I would also cut out Ring of Kalonia and maybe add two Sol Ring because the Ring is to slow for your deck... And two recovery cards would be great to something like Creeping Renaissance or Elixir of Immortality i have in mind here, in case your creatures get destroyed. For the extra protection just a simple Fog or Moment's Peace. I also would change Scourge of Skola Vale with Heroes' Bane because you dont need to sacrefice and can double the counters. Also would be some anti air nice i thougt at Hurricane. I hope i could give you some new thinking on your deck. You also can look at my hydra deck
3 weeks ago
I like your list. It seems more aimed at beating face with big hitters. I especially liked to see Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer and Abundance in there. Also a quite affordable list! Here are some thoughts I had for you to consider.
- First thing that I notice is your curve. I think your deck might perform better if you could smooth out the curve somewhat. Do you ever have issues with consistency? Curve could be a key consideration for future adaptations of your list. You are especially low on 2-drops and 5 drops and probably a little too high on 6+ drops and 3 drops.
- Here are some cards you could consider in those slots: Scavenging Ooze. Vexing Shusher, Life from the Loam, Lightning Greaves, Lotus Cobra, Gatecreeper Vine, Sylvan Library, Urabrask the Hidden, Primal Command, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Creeping Renaissance, Titania, Protector of Argoth
- I would cut Gruul Signet for something that fetches you a land instead, as that is more synergistic (perhaps Nissa's Pilgrimage?).
- Mountain Valley is strictly better than - Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse as it can fetch one of your duals. I am also more fan of the panoramic lands (like Naya Panorama) than wilds and expanse, because you can time the landfall it provides.
- Some other land tips in no particular order: Ghost Town (great with Burgeoning), Undiscovered Paradise, Khalni Garden, Radiant Fountain, Glacial Chasm and the new Scavenger Grounds are great lands to consider for more land-shenanigans without blowing your budget through the roof. Also, if you can get your hands on a Dryad Arbor, that would very well match your Green Sun's Zenith.
Hope that there is something there that meets your vision for the deck!
GL and HF,
3 weeks ago
some more possible cuts could include
Maybe add some ninja's for value with your commander's ability?
Snake Basket is on tribal theme
3 weeks ago
I have thoughts...
Deathreap Ritual is strong draw condition in this sort of deck, keep in mind it says "each end step," so it counts opponents' turns too.
Dictate of Erebos is pretty oppressive in G/B, maybe don't run it if you have a sensitive playgroup.
You might have thought Bitterblossom was only for Modern, well you might have been WRONG! It sees play in Legacy too... And it's good here.
Bloodgift Demon is another Phyrexian Arena on a body, so now you can have one that's as pretty on the outside as it is on the inside.
Creeping Renaissance is a pretty slept on mass reanimation card, expect to hear a lot of "What!?"s and "I can't believe I've never seen that one!"s.
Keeping yourself alive is a breeze with Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper in play; it's some of the best life-gain in its colors.
Lotleth Troll is a great way to generate dredge without having to actually paying mana. And speaking of dredge...
We did just get Liliana, Death's Majesty though, and if I'm being honest, she's a much better fit than Liliana, the Last Hope. She feeds your graveyard as her +1 instead of a -2 while making a token, and her reanimate ability brings it straight to the field instead of your hand.
And, in a little over a week, you can pick up a Ramunap Excavator because now we have another card that does that.