Choose a permanent type. Return all cards of the chosen type from your graveyard to your hand.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
|Have (3)||Mortiferus_Rosa , gildan_bladeborn , jpv|
|Want (4)||GrandeKhan , BeowulfBjornson , tattoosarebeauti , Saharet|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Creeping Renaissance occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Creeping Renaissance Discussion
4 days ago
Field of the Dead (if you don't run this you're dead to me)
1 week ago
Quirion Ranger will let you get forests already played back into hand to chuck. Untapping a creature is gravy. Dryad of the Ilysian Grove will let you play out your heavy land count faster as well as allow the Ranger to bounce land as they will all count as forests. Both Undiscovered Paradise and Ghost Town can return themselves to hand. Nylea's Intervention puts the lands to hand plus can double as Hurricane if needed. Creeping Renaissance can name land and restock [twice!] all at once to help burn people out.
2 weeks ago
I put together a similar sort of deck the other day. Here are a few of my differences:
- Bronzehide Lion
- Kitsune Mystic Flip is a combat trick
- Krond the Dawn-Clad
- Nomad Mythmaker and Sun Titan for recursion of auras
- Umbra Mystic if you are dealing with board wipes
- Song of the Dryads, Darksteel Mutation and Kenrith's Transformation for board control
- Gift of Immortality is nuts
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is an alternative win con
- Sphere of Safety
1 month ago
Ok, Profet93, here we go on some card evaluation.
Bag of Holding : I've had this card actually do good work for me. Having the mana up to activate it usually isn't a problem, and it's easy to dump a bunch of lands in a turn, get the back, and dump them again. It's fun, and I like it, so I'll probably be keeping it. That, and getting as many effects to return chunks of discarded lands to my hand is good for this deck.
Grafted Exoskeleton : I could live without it. I thought that it would help provide another quick win condition towards the end of a game, but I think a better fit would be something like Illusionist's Bracers , which would double up the activations.
Horizon Spellbomb : Most likely was put in there as a low-budget option in the original list, and could probably be upgraded. It's low CMC, gets ammo into the hand, and can draw a card to replace itself. But it's easy to live without.
Summer Bloom : This one stays. Running this many lands, it doesn't whiff.
Rites of Spring : Open to suggestions.
Mulch : It's ok. I usually hit at least 2 lands with it, but I admit I could replace it.
Beneath the Sands : Gets one land, or draws a card, so it's never dead. But it could be better. Open to suggestions.
I do have some thoughts on adding some more draw/ramp, but I'm staying budget here, so no Exploration , Burgeoning , Oracles or that other stupid expensive elf. I'm thinking along the lines of Mina and Denn, Wildborn , Font of Mythos , Llanowar Scout , Sakura-Tribe Scout , and things like this. I do believe I will splurge for a copy of Life from the Loam .
As for card draw spells, I want to shy away from sacrificing BoBo to get the effect, since his CMC is so high to start with. Return of the Wildspeaker will be good, but more is needed. May have to get another copy of Rishkar's Expertise , and also Keen Sense . I plan on adding Creeping Renaissance , too.
These are my thoughts so far, and I'm open to other suggestions, too. Thanks for all the help!
pokey, those are good points, and worth considering, but I don't know how much I'll net land cards through his damage trigger. Wheel effects might be worth considering, though, so thank you for those suggestions!
1 month ago
There are some great cards here to add to my version. Creeping Renaissance looks like a perfect draw card for this. I feel that the tempo of this deck is a bit slow. If you already run 40+ lands do you need to pick them out of the deck into hand. I think ramp maybe a better focus along with draw. It's ideal to let Borbo fill your hand. Dragon Mage and Reforge the Soul are nice draw effects. Also Fireshrieker and Grappling Hook are cheap and the double strike effects give two triggers of Borbo.
1 month ago
I'll reflect on the other suggestions later on this evening.
1 month ago
Maybe cut avenger because you're only running new cradle and any other way to abuse tokens? I know you mentioned in the group chat you want to win through overrun, but with a non-token, timmy, based commander, you should just win through beating face.
Why is Arcane lighthosue in the deck, what do you need to target of your opponents?
Cut Rhonas's Monument for another land, Yavimaya Hollow , a forest, or any other good utility land such as Miren, the Moaning Well . Maybe Deserted Temple to untap new cradle and nykthos? You had land issues (although I havent played against you enough to know) and monument isn't impactful enough.
Cut steel helkite for Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , other ulamog, or World Breaker . Both are cast triggers (as you so how crucial that was against blue), worldbreaker is recurable and colorless (for those rare, relevant moments). I understand helkite's appeal but I feel having to connect and pay mana on top of having to wait a turn assuming no haste, assuming you even have enough mana afterwards.
While this is a harder cut, it depends on the meta I suppose, cut Spearbreaker Behemoth for Boundless Realms / Traverse the Outlands . Behemoth is nice, but exile, sac and bounce effects are all prevalent in the meta.
Cut Omnath, Locus of Mana for Greenwarden of Murasa ? Not sure of what to add for this cut or the following cuts.... Recursion is nice, gives you a benefit to it's death as well (synergy with miren moaning well). Other good options of recursion include Creeping Renaissance , Seasons Past or even Preator's Counsel. Omnath does nothing at all except be a mana sink. Recursion is nice to rebuild after a wipe
Cut Apex Altisaur for Terastodon - All that mana to kill 1-2 creatures? Eh. Granted Terastodon isn't much different. Like I said, these last few cuts are flexible. But I've always had a soft spot for him.
Maybe a Dryad Arbor to synergize with G-Sun?
1 month ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)