|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Choose a permanent type. Return all cards of the chosen type from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Axtel , gildan_bladeborn , angesoir , miracle , Xunfor6iv3nX , mziter501 , saj0219 , rockleemyhero , jstn.mrrtt , golgarigirl , CastleSiege , ZombieFood , switchkill65 , CAPT.Shock , Kravian , Falte , sirbar , thetechzombie , ecurps|
Creeping Renaissance Discussion
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
@chadsansing - I already have Harrow, it's a great card. Generally, I have ample recursion thanks to Eternal Witness and Treasured Find and others but I like how Noxious Revival is instant speed. I'm not a fan of Creeping Renaissance though, particularly for getting Splendid Reclamation back since things like World Shaper add redundancy, especially since it's 5 cmc.
13 hours ago
You could run a Creeping Renaissance on Sorcery to get back Splendid Reclamation, as well, for value or in case of counter/discard/mill. Harrow and another recursion effect like Noxious Revival might also help.
3 days ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
6 days ago
Doesn't really look too bad for me.
You can get some ideas from this deck Jimmy's Kumena l Game Knights #14, it looked cool in the game they reccorded. Stuff like:
Path of Discovery
Maybe some recursion like Seasons Past, Creeping Renaissance or the staple Eternal Witness.
Or some more card draw Mask of Memory, Shamanic Revelation or Pull from Tomorrow.
Maybe you need some more removal Reality Shift, Snakeform, Imprisoned in the Moon, Song of the Dryads, Pongify.
A card to make your opponents crap their pants Quietus Spike, perfect with an unblockable commander.
It just depends on your meta, what you lack during your games.
1 week ago
1 week ago
You generate a lot of mana so add in Karn Liberated and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , I would also consider ditching some of your green fatties for some bigger artefact or colourless creatures such as Blightsteel Colossus and Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , also add in Creeping Renaissance and I don't think I've ever seen a mono green edh without Triumph of the Hordes , and Pathbreaker Ibex might be worth considering too. Hope this helps.
3 weeks ago
4 Color Merfolk, huh? Well, a lot of the Merfolk from Ixalan come with a +1/+1 counter theme. Fortunately, Black and White also have a lot of strong support cards for +1/+1 counters. I think a way to tie all 4 of your colors into one cohesive deck/theme is to build Merfolk Counters. Since you're new I'll build on some of the stuff that's been mentioned above me and then I'll dive into some separate recommendations after that.
38 lands is a great number to start your deck with.
7-9 Ramp spells, not necessarily mana rocks. Your deck is green (the best ramp color) and land ramp is typically (but not always) better than artifact ramp. The ramp that I'd recommend you start with is:Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Sol Ring, Chromatic Lantern, Explosive Vegetation, Simic Signet, Commander's Sphere
Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, and Explosive Vegetation all offer card advantage by getting two lands for a single card. They also help color fix since your deck is four colors but the land base is primarily basics. I'll touch more on this later when I start recommending creatures, but trying to build this deck without a refined mana base will be difficult. I'd recommend that you eventually look at acquiring shock and fetch lands. It will do wonders for your deck's consistency and open up powerful ramp spells such as Skyshroud Claim as legitimate options.
Chromatic Lantern will do a lot to help in this regard as well. Simic Signet and Commander's Sphere round out the recommendations as cheap options with a focus on blue and green as they will be your primary colors. Pro tip: Never cut Sol Ring, it's one of the best cards ever printed.
LeaPlath nailed it when they said to include as many of the lords as you can. The abundance of lords is the tribe's competitive advantage (the thing that this tribe does better than any of the others). With this all in mentality I'd recommend cutting all of non-Merfolk creatures from your deck. Excluding Ravos, of course. Creatures like Jace's Phantasm and Jelenn Sphinx have a serious cost when you consider that they don't coincide with any of the other synergies in the deck. You can play non-Merfolk creatures but they have to REALLY provide an effect that works well with what the deck's overall strategy is. I'd start with these lords (some are already in your deck):Master of the Pearl Trident, Lord of Atlantis, Merfolk Mistbinder, Merfolk Sovereign, Merrow Reejerey, Deeproot Elite, Metallic Mimic
Multiple Merfolk lords give your team Islandwalk. Aquitect's Will, Spreading Seas, Tidal Warrior give your team a way to get in unblocked. Herald of Secret Streams can be added to this category as well.
Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca does everything you want. He adds counters, draws cards, and provides a way to sneak in damage.
Lullmage Mentor is a great reward for having a lot of Merfolk.
Wanderwine Prophets is the other top end Merfolk here. If you're playing Prophets then you should also play Stonybrook Schoolmaster. These two creatures plus anyway to make them both unblockable (such as Kumena or Islandwalk) leads to infinite turns with unblockable creatures. Attack with both with triggers Schoolmaster, making a token. When Prophets deals combat damage to an opponent, sacrifice the newly made token, to Prophets' trigger. Take an extra turn. Due that over and over until you win.
Seafloor Oracle is a great way to generate card advantage on a Merfolk body.
Okay, that was a lot of creatures and I've not really tapped into Black or White yet. We'll get there in a moment. First I want to recommend 3 of the 4 Kindred cycle cards that are in your colors. Kindred Summons and Kindred Discovery are both great. They help you find more Merfolk to flood the board with which is Plan A. Kindred Dominance is a one-sided board wipe. It will leave you with a massive board advantage. Cyclonic Rift serves a similar purpose.
Okay, so time to revist the point I made earlier when I said that a non-Merfolk creature can be considered as long as it is offering an effect that the deck strongly desires. Winding Constrictor, Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Reyhan, Last of the Abzan are all creatures that are worth considering at least, I think.
Gavony Township and Opal Palace are both colorless lands which your deck can't afford too many of at the moment, but I think that they're both worth including especially Gavony Township. They're definitely better than Dread Statuary.
Sorry if that was all a bit/too much. Hopefully this helped, good luck with the deck!