|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spider
Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.)
: Silklash Spider deals X damage to each creature with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||accioali , ironax , Oskani , Pelli , jstn.mrrtt , Mortiferus_Rosa , xpsychovampx , bakeraj4 , acbooster , sonnet666 , bradyofportdetroit , raymaverick97 , Dr.Jackel , Tiddilywinkus , plof , thetechzombie , ecurps , 8vomit , lolpatrol , Reliva , Swamy , duff87 , pskinn01 , Spinalripper , mziter501 , GeminiSpartanX|
Silklash Spider Discussion
1 week ago
Silklash Spider would make a good addition to this list. High toughness value, and hates on flying creatures, which is exactly what Sidar Kondo wants.
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim is another useful card to have. Ikra Shidiqi allows for some lifegain, and Ayli provides a sacrifice outlet (very useful) which translates into nearly unrestricted, repeatable removal (extremely useful).
Abzan Beastmaster is a very strong draw engine for this type of build.
Ohran Viper dissuades attackers when defending, and the card draw is nice if your opponents don't want to lose their more valuable creatures or chumps.
3 weeks ago
Yeva, Nature's Herald and Vedalken Orrery not only let you play stuff at instant speed to be more reactive, but also let you re-play your commander before the mana emptied from your pool if it gets removed.
Ezuri, Renegade Leader helps keep all your mana-producing elves alive, and gives you an alternate win-con of giant trample elves.
Finally, if you can tear yourself away from your other instants and sorceries, Primal Surge is always an instant win-con I enjoyed in my old Omnath deck. Dump your entire deck at once! Extra good with some sort of haste and evasion enablers.
1 month ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
1 month ago
You can make a card appear in different categories by putting two tags on the same line this way:
1x Birds of Paradise #Flyers #Ramp
Avoid Fate is a charming card but at the end of the day any other instant that gives Hexproof or Shroud is better because will also work against sorceries and abilities. My favorites: Sylvan Safekeeper, Blossoming Defense, Heroic Intervention and Vines of Vastwood. On the other hand Sheltering Word may be good in your deck with huge creatures.
Vorrac Battlehorns do you really want that bad to be blocked by only one creature? I consider an upgrade to it Loxodon Warhammer, O-Naginata, Horned Helm (instant attaching, yay!) or Chariot of Victory
Homeward Path is another staple, you dont want your guys controlled or reanimated.
Sprouting Phytohydra is another creature I like but you don't seem to be able to capitalize on it in your deck. You already have many big guys on the ground to block whatever they send you. I know it's a deck of hydras but this guy underperforms.
Don't flyers give you a hard time? In my meta I would be kill with flyers with this deck almost every time. With all your mana production Silklash Spider is an auto include, Whirlwind is more efficient but one use only, World Breaker is a decent body with reach with built in disruption and recursion, you may also want to include a single Wastes so you can ramp it if you happen to need the diamond mana, but you dont seem to run land ramp. Speaking about land ramp, do you know Traverse the Outlands?
Tutors are awesome but there is a thing such as too many tutors. The only really crucial creatures to tutor into the Battlefield from the Library are Vorinclex and the Ulvenwald Hydra. Hydras dont like to be cheated into the battlefield because most of them have X in their cost and when you cheat them to the battlefield they enter as 0/0 and die. Therefore, a tribal tutor such as Kindred Summons works poorly with this tribe. If you check a top mono green commander deck such as Daruid: Seton-Storm you will see he only runs like 8 tutors and that's a pure mana production deck, all his druids tap for at leas one green mana because of his commander..Id try to go for more card draw and recursion instead. Seasons Past is quite nice.
1 month ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
1 month ago
Village Elder, Stonehoof Chieftain, Silvos, Rogue Elemental, Woodland Bellower, Temur Sabertooth, Silklash Spider, Regal Force, Sylvan Safekeeper, Fauna Shaman, Phyrexian Revoker, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Hornet Queen, Avatar of Might, Ghalta, Primal Hunger
5 months ago
Steel Hellkite, maybe Thundering Spineback, Scavenging Ooze, Deadeye Tracker, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Soul of New Phyrexia, Soul of Ravnica, Soul of Zendikar, Soul of Innistrad, Fertilid, Cryptbreaker, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Cemetery Reaper, Silklash Spider, Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet, Memnarch, Thrasios, Triton Hero, Polukranos, World Eater, Chameleon Colossus, Heroes' Bane, Viral Drake, Ant Queen, Champion of Stray Souls, Sphinx of Magosi, Stitcher Geralf, Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
Deadeye Navigator would go infinite with a creature that produces 2 or more blue mana and a haste enabler, such as Concordant Crossroads. Kind of clunky as a 4-card combo, but it's on theme. ALso deadeye is just good to protect from removal.
Remember with these infinite mana combos that infinite mana means infinite Tasigur activations, so you draw your whole deck, and you can mill everyone out with infinite Reality Shifts, which is a good removal spell on its own.
5 months ago
Sight of the Scalelords teehee