|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order. You may shuffle your library.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (33)||rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , pskinn01 , essex0619 , DrPopular , Kimimaro , saj0219 , twospires , Kvothe1115 , Sergal , FoamEagle , TheAlmostHero , MoJoMiXuP , Sparky41 , TehDelta , Benniator , frederiklw , golgarigirl , , LaKU , ironax , NostalgicAce , sonnet666 , fireborne1986 , dplerner , Big-Foot , TheRealPeaches , , PhyrexianScience , tlhunter07 , gildan_bladeborn , LTmiller|
|Want (7)||ElijahBurnsRed , Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , Fergernuggets , jtfran02 , acbooster , TheRealPeaches|
43 minutes ago
what do you mean by "i know how it feels"...?
my playgroup is funny about infinite mana... they won't let it finish a game like a lot of groups are wont to do. you have to have something to do with with the mana, and if you don't... then you just have a buttload of mana and nothing to show for it.
Spell Crumple is a great, yet underrated counterspell... if i needed one more i would prob put that one in.
1 day ago
You might want to add Rhystic Study as alternative card draw, maybe instead of Ponder?. I've seen it to be a pain to any opponent as he has to choose wether to loose mana or let you draw cards. Don't underestimate the psychological effect of this card :)
I have tried Bonfire of the Damned in my red-blue Deck and found it to be either too expensive or too unreliable, as it is only usefull if you play against horde-themed decks. Your Pyroclasm will probably get the job better done.
Just so you know, there is also Enigma Drake which is quite like your Chimera. maybe put them both in?
All in all a very nice burn-themed Deck :) Great Job!
2 days ago
Ruin Raider is definitely the way to go instead of Wanted Scoundrels here so I switched those out. Also I took out Ponder and put in Chart A Course just for the sake of making it Modern, but may switch them out when I play casual. I took out another land to make Invisible Stalker a 4 of because of his significance with Coastal Piracy and Ruin Raider. Debating Whether or not to take out Siren Stormtamer and put in 2 more Walk the Plank to get Revel in Riches off quicker...
2 days ago
I'd really replace Curse of Verbosity with Rhystic Study if you get the chance. For some free spells, I'd definitely recommend As Foretold. Some of your instants and sorceries could be replaced with some more powerful versions (depending on your budget constraints of course). I'd recommend adding Disallow, Fact or Fiction, Mystical Tutor, Ponder, Preordain, Twincast and Turnabout. Not sure what to replace, but most of these are staples in blue control decks.
5 days ago
Cool deck; though with a budget constraint that's slightly higher, I think it can be improved upon. Cards I'd add, would be some additional steal-creatures like Empress Galina, Memnarch and Roil Elemental. I think cards like Control Magic and Mind Control should also be in here (and Treachery, if you can get one).
Also, I'd try make this deck even more reactionary than it already is by adding cards like Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Leyline of Anticipation and/or Vedalken Orrery. Make people afraid to attack you by stealing attackers from them (or your allies).
Last, but not least, I think Blade of Selves would look absolutely brutal on Keiga.
Cards I'd remove to make room for all of this: mostly cards that are either less powerful than some of the ones I just mentioned OR cards that do the same thing but have a higher CMC. Some examples: Saheeli's Artistry, Tempt with Reflections, Vesuvan Shapeshifter, Vizier of Many Faces, Curse of Verbosity and Mulldrifter.
6 days ago
DrukenReaps covered the mana issue pretty well. The other suggestion that I'd make for a deck with this high of a CMC is that you probably want more ramp sources or mana rocks. Commander's Sphere and Dimir Signet are both great here. You might also consider replacing Temple of the False God with a basic. You're really color-intensive and don't have a lot of land ramp, so it's at high risk of not actually doing much good in this deck.
To expand a little on narrowing the tribes... I don't think you necessarily have to cut down what tribes are in your deck. However, if you aren't running at least 25 creatures of a tribe, tribal support cards like Crucible of Fire and Door of Destinies are simply bad. You frequently have to take a turn off to play them, so if they're not going to do some reasonable work right away, they're probably worse than a basic land. Kindred Dominance is going to hit so much of your own stuff that you're likely better off playing something like Languish, Crux of Fate or Blasphemous Act instead.
Along those lines, given your high average CMC, loading up on more reasonably-cheap board wipes is probably a good idea. If it's going to take you a while to get going, being able to control the board in the early game is really important. If your opponent has a field full of elves, slamming Butcher of Malakir or Stormsurge Kraken without clearing the board first isn't going to save you.
As for a few cards that you might consider cutting:
- You're really not running enough instants/sorceries to support Mizzix of the Izmagnus in the 99. Mizzix is great, but he really needs a dedicated spellslinger deck to shine. Talrand, Sky Summoner suffers from much the same problem.
- Mindscour Dragon, Vela the Night-Clad and Archetype of Imagination all seem marginal to bad here (with their effects either being redundant or not really big enough for their mana cost). You might consider just slotting some of the decent dragons like Hellkite Charger, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Steel Hellkite, Shivan Dragon or Ryusei, the Falling Star.
- Vapor Snag and Dark Betrayal are both pretty bad in EDH. The former represents major card disadvantage in multiplayer. If you're looking for more bounce effects, you might consider Capsize (although I don't think this is really a Capsize deck). Ratchet Bomb is also a little iffy in a format with such a broad range of CMCs on the table. Unless there are a lot of tokens in your meta, it's probably not worth it.
- Cartouche of Knowledge is probably worse than just Ponder.
- Lord of Shatterskull Pass requires you to pump 16 mana in to it and survive to attack before it does anything, almost certainly not worth it.
- Black Market may end up being pretty good due to Marchesa, or not very good since you have a lot of big creatures. I don't think this is immediately a cut, but keep a close eye on how it performs.
- Torment of Hailfire and Torment of Scarabs are also worth keeping an eye on. I feel like you're probably not going to be producing enough mana for Hailfire to do enough work, and Scarabs is limited by only targeting one opponent. They seem like good options to consider cutting in favor of more land.
6 days ago
I would drop some lands and add cantrips to this deck like Ponder & Preordain. I would also add Gamble as it becomes a great tutor with Kess. Mystic Remora is phenomenal as well. Ultimately you need more good turn 1 plays. You can cut some bad removal by adding more cheap draw as it gives you better card selection.