|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order. You may shuffle your library.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (50)||rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , essex0619 , DrPopular , Kimimaro , twospires , Kvothe1115 , Sergal , FoamEagle , TehDelta , frederiklw , darthnuchi , SoggyGecko , LaKU , ironax , fireborne1986 , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , snackeater , Benniator , vishnarg , killstars , sonnet666 , TheRealPeaches , Skulldrey , Sparky41 , rikertchu , MoJoMiXuP , Hellsing , rakdos24 , Fairseas , meotojite , Metaphisyk , meowCat1234 , golgarigirl , KillDatBUG , Azdranax , ACCG , , TheLazyGrim , Joblaska , dplerner , Jauntu , PhyrexianScience , CastleSiege , rainbowofdeath , gildan_bladeborn , LTmiller , silvereh|
|Want (6)||ElijahBurnsRed , Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , Fergernuggets , ryuzaki32667 , acbooster|
4 days ago
With Chromatic Star or Prophetic Prism it's easy to fix black mana. But something like Dispel would not require that much luck on color fixing and would be a better choice. Thanks for pointing that out. Red Elemental Blast is a great suggestion too.
Ponder is a great suggestion. Which card would you cut to play it?
4 days ago
I would recommend running Ponder for card draw and getting into your tron lands quicker, allowing you to shuffle away cards that arent useful for the moment.
Also, in the sideboard, I would run copies of Red Elemental Blast to protect yourself against blue players countering your spells.
6 days ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
6 days ago
Aven Mindcensor, Hushwing Gryff, Spirit of the Labyrinth, Winter Orb, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Vryn Wingmare, Mother of Runes, Ramunap Excavator, Aura of Silence, Sun Titan, Swords to Plowshares, Alms Collector, Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, Eladamri's Call, Tocatli Honor Guard, Eidolon of Rhetoric, Kataki, War's Wage, Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Stasis, Static Orb, Glowrider, Rising Waters, Lodestone Golem, Damping Matrix, Cursed Totem, and Damping Sphere
The cards above are powerful stax pieces that are heavy play, yet range from 0.15$ to 5$ on tcgplayer. Below are more expensive cards that still are good for the deck, yet are not required.
Hokori, Dust Drinker, Rhystic Study, Sphere of Resistance, Thorn of Amethyst, Nature's Will, Bear Umbra, Sword of Feast and Famine, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Recruiter of the Guard, and Thalia, Guardian of Thraben.
Other than these stag pieces (cards used to lock your opponents out of the game) the deck should ramp, have some good interaction, and have draw power too. It can then use a decent field of small creatures and some combat steps, or powering out planeswalker ultimates to win. Below are some ideas on how to do that.
1 week ago
With such a low mana curve, I am not sure you need as many mana rocks as you have. I would consider the following artifact: Aetherflux Reservoir, Primal Amulet, Runechanter's Pike, and Sphinx-Bone Wand.
Not sure why you have Blue Elemental Blast in this deck as just about any counter spell is better. I would try to include as many cantrips that draw a card as you can as it will cycle through your deck faster while getting you value. Such as cards like Anticipate, Defiant Strike, Opt, Peek, Shadow Rift, Crash Through, Ponder, and Renegade Tactics.
I like Narset, if you want another version of her rebound effect, check out Taigam, Ojutai Master. Also if you end up with a critical amount of combat tricks, Zada, Hedron Grinder can be a real power punch.
I made a version of this deck that is much more Token/Storm-centric. Take a look at it for some ideas, Shu Yun Tempest of Tokens. The strategies are different, but there are some cards that are common for most Shu Yun decks.
1 week ago
In Mizzix, there are a few suggestions I'd make:
All Is Dust becomes a 0 cost board wipe near the game's end.
Spell Burst is a recurrable counterspell with Mizzix's discount.
Sapphire Medallion isn't strong with a commander that naturally discounts, also since it's not a mono-coloured deck.
The sweet spot for Mizzix is hitting 4 Experience Counters. This is where cards like Capsize come back to the hand for free. One main win-con I have in my deck is a Red mana generator like Mana Geyser and recurring a copy over and over with Reiterate, then blasting the opponents with a mega-fireball/comet storm. You could also use that large mana pool to use something like Reality Spasm if you want to create infinite blue mana instead, and mill yourself out with a Laboratory Maniac on the field.
1 week ago
Very cool deck! Since your goal is to keep it casual I'll suggest cards that are upgrades to stuff you already have, that way you can do what you've been doing just a bit faster/more consistently.
Mana Ramp:At the moment I see 7 sources of artifact ramp in your deck. I'd highly recommend increasing that to the 10-12 range, it will drastically speed up your deck.
Card Draw:The 6 card draw spells you have here are fine but I'd recommend adding at least 5 more, specifically card spells that help you discard into your graveyard or fill up your hand on the cheap.
Land:If you up your mana rock count to the 10-12 range, you can drop your land count down to 32-34 and have no issues.
The best way to go about improving your landbase is focusing on adding lands that enter untapped and can give you multiple colors.
Are just a few examples of lands you should consider adding in place of slower, enter tapped lands.
That's just the basic rundown of how to improve the core of your deck and make it a bit more consistent. Hopefully those ideas help!
1 week ago
I'm assuming your goal is to combo off with Marisil ASAP, so here's my suggestions:
Focus on whatever combo is quickest to help streamline your strategy. Combo decks work best when they have one specific, achievable goal.
I'd add Lightning Greaves to help protect Marisil.
More mana rocks will help you get off to a faster start as well Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone, Mind Stone, Prismatic Lens, Dimir Signet and Izzet Signet should all be here. If you run more mana rocks you can cut your land count down to 32-33 with no problems.
These are the most obvious ways I can see to improve your deck. Hopefully some of those ideas help!