|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
(4), Tap: You may put a creature card from your hand into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||switchkill65 , ironax , HydraOoze , JeremyTheMiner , the.beanpole , VoidCaster113 , miracle , sonnet666 , philktoken8998 , Pelli , bradyofportdetroit , perrin515 , ZombieFood , Antiat , joshw335 , Grantley91|
|Want (9)||pskinn01 , TheAlmostHero , sneferie , Bezter , Doom_of_Valyria , VampSlayer , Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , xpsychovampx|
Quicksilver Amulet Discussion
1 day ago
I like the concept. +1 from me.
AEther Flash seems like a good way to trigger enraged and prevents players from playing creatures with toughness less than 2.
Quicksilver Amulet is also another card that might be worth a look.
1 day ago
@NV_1980 Thanks for your kind comments! I've considered playing around with Exploration as I see it being run in some other decklists. How many extra lands on average are you able to play with it per game? I also like the potential tricks you can do with Quicksilver Amulet. Do you have a copy of your decklist online?
2 days ago
This looks pretty damn fine! As to your question: yes, there are some more (better?) ramp options to choose from. Here are a few options:
- Sol Ring: staple of every commander deck; I'd suggest it strongly.
- Chromatic Lantern: makes every land give whatever mana you want, and is a mana-rock itself; gotta love that.
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds: honestly one of the best ramp creatures ever, especially in a deck containing this many large, stomping creatures. And sure, she's no dinosaur, but considering her jaw-dropping strengths I think we can overlook that :)
- Somberwald Sage: again, not a dinosaur, but can accelerate your deck significantly.
- Xenagos, the Reveler: his primary power is a similar mana-generating power compared to Selvala'ss, but can only provide green/red mana. Still, could be strong enough to seriously consider. Also, his ultimate ability is extremely nice in your deck.
Please note, that you are also already using several ways to 'cheat' creatures onto the battlefield and there are more of those, like:
- Elvish Piper: pay and tap to add any creature from your hand to the battlefield. Very handy in a deck with an average CMC of 4+.
- Belbe's Portal: like the piper, but slightly more expensive to use and only applies to one creature type (dinosaurs, I would presume :))
- Quicksilver Amulet: like the piper, only slightly more expensive to use.
Hope any of this helps. Let me know if you decide to change anything based on these recommendations and also let me know how the deck plays; I might build something similar :) Happy gaming!
4 days ago
Nice deck, I am also partial to werewolf's. Couple of suggestions:
ramp: Druids' Repository
draw: Triumph of Ferocity
Not sure you need 42 lands when you your highest CMC is 6, you could easily scale back by 3-5. Elvish Piper and Quicksilver Amulet feel clunky for the same reason, unless you are using them to pop out creatures on your opponents turn.
6 days ago
Other great ways to cheat stuff on the field would be Quicksilver Amulet and especially Lurking Predators. Elemental Bond and Soul of the Harvest are both great ways to get some additional draw with a deck like this.
In case you're curious, have a look at my Mayael deck. Lots of its elements could also be used in this deck. Happy gaming!
1 week ago
1 week ago
Vedalken Archmage only works when you cast an artifact, which means that as such, it would only rarely work that wells with the deck, but Metalworker would definitely work. You don't play the artifacts, you cheat them out, so Quicksilver Amulet could also work.
1 week ago
I would go mono green eldrazi stomps, with Descendants' Path, Conduit of Ruin and Eldrazi Temple. Other than that I don't know. There is quite a bit of ramp in eldrazi, along with some colorless ways to cheat them out (Quicksilver Amulet)
Hope this helped