|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||None|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
As for Tomb Robber I don't understand how that is a sac outlet, but Tomb Robber is a nice way to pitch extra lands, or copies of our legendary cards, or even Oathsworn Vampire. That is actually worth trying possibly in Live Fast place.
As for Dead Man's Chest That is an interesting one as well that would need some testing. I'm about to change around some of the cards with your idea's and see how it looks.
1 week ago
I have been watching this deck for a while and have always felt that it needs some minor tweaks to become a really competitive deck. I worry about the costs of Dusk Legion Zealot and Live Fast and about the cost/benefit balance.
Recover in place of Live Fast allows you to choose a card that you add to your hand (which is often better value). With 4 Fatal Push and 3 Ravenous Chupacabra in your deck, I do, however, still like the idea of Dead Man's Chest in this slot, combining disruption and card steal (which should work against most agro decks).
2 weeks ago
I would either take out Toshiro Umezawa or put in a lot more instants. Cyclonic Rift is really nice, especially with Overload, but if that's your only instant, then Toshiro isn't doing much for the cost.
I'd also consider adding cards like March of the Returned or Recover to be able to bring back some creatures you've sacrificed. Since you only get 1 copy of each card that isn't a basic land, you're not always going to get Patriarch's Bidding, even with your card drawing.
And, lastly, I'd say get some dual lands and/or Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse. Since you're already a little mana-light for Commander, you don't want to also not have the colors you need when you do get your land.
3 weeks ago
These are the cards from Rivals of Ixalan that made it onto one or two of my lists:
- Kumena's Awakening made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady) and MagicalHacker - List of All Group Hug Cards
- Nezahal, Primal Tide made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady) and MagicalHacker - List of All Anti-Control Cards
- Journey to Eternity Flip made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards and MagicalHacker - List of All Protecting Cards
- Curious Obsession, Seafloor Oracle, Twilight Prophet, Azor, the Lawbringer, Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca, and The Immortal Sun made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady)
- Secrets of the Golden City made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Burst)
- Flood of Recollection, Recover, World Shaper, Angrath, Minotaur Pirate, and Atzocan Seer made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards
- Mastermind's Acquisition made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Tutor Cards
- Storm the Vault Flip, Golden Guardian Flip, Path of Mettle Flip, Azor's Gateway Flip, and Thunderherd Migration made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Ramp Cards
- Etali, Primal Storm made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Free Value Cards
- Arch of Orazca made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Utility Lands
- Thrashing Brontodon and Zacama, Primal Calamity made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Item Removal Cards
- Admiral's Order made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Counterspell Cards
- Slaughter the Strong and Tetzimoc, Primal Death made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Board Wipe Cards
Did I miss anything from RIX? Did I miss anything from another set? What list should I make next? Leave your feedback here or on any of my 22 lists! Thanks!
1 month ago
This does look like fun!
I'd second the suggestion for more card draw. Maybe test with synergistic cards that include a destroy/sac or graveyard manipulation cost like Altar's Reap, Costly Plunder, Dredge, Gravepurge, Merciless Resolve, Parting Thoughts, Ragamuffyn, Recover, Skulltap, Urborg Uprising, or Vampiric Rites. Erebos, God of the Dead, or Underworld Connections might help here, too.
A Soldevi Adnate might be handy for a tiny bit of ramp if you ever get stuck without enough apostles, and an Ashnod's Altar would be an excellent source of punishing ramp if you're stuck at 5 or fewer apostles.
7 months ago
9 months ago
To be clear, Recover cannot be cast if there is not a creature card in the grave to target. If there is a card to target, but it's somehow removed before Recover can resolve, Recover will be countered and it's controller will not draw a card. Gravepurge is only countered by the game rules if it's (a) cast with targets and (b) has all it's targets removed when it tries to resolve.
9 months ago
So I'm playing a casual game with 2 other friends (everyone is using tribal decks) my board is loaded with human werewolves and a single Immerwolf. My opponent on their turn, to prevent my humans from transforming, casts Footbottom Feast or Gravepurge or something like that regardless of the fact there are no cards in any graveyards.
My question is can he resolve this spell and still draw, even though he isn't returning anything?
Would the outcome in this scenario of been different if she cast Recover?
Does a spell "fizzling" count as being cast and prevent my humans from transforming?
I realize "fizzling" is a term the community made up but in just about every example I it has to do with the words [target card-type] or spells with additional costs that can't be paid.