Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature is unblockable.
Equipped creature has shroud. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Equip 2 (2: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.54||$1.49||$4.12||$1.94||0.01 TIX||0.01 TIX|
|Have (21)||PTsmitty , Bengineer , Regigigas23 , gurthang034 , Zedicher , Ashy , seraphim_atreides , HolyDemon666 , SomethingRandom , Xathrid845 , Mage_Of_Space , PepsiAddicted , Nadill , Penguin_Gaming , Yawkcorb , akumaka , failurechild88 , NoahNocturnus , TheDriveBy , theburnishedhart , Comicalflop|
|Want (4)||killzoid23 , Arashisenko , gruntfire , Nadill|
Whispersilk Cloak Discussion
17 hours ago
At the time that I made the deck, Master of Cruelties was a card I was shoe-horning into every R/B/x deck I built. It, Whispersilk Cloak, and Goblin Bombardment went into everything. Plus, this deck is very much tuned to Duel Commander, which means only one opponent for you to go after. Multiplayer? It's far from optimal. I may end up removing it completely. I haven't actually played this deck in a very long time. Lol
To address your second question, the deck packs a lot of tutors, which are pretty much specifically there to find the main combo, the 4-card one with Grave Titan. However, just by itself, the deck can just about hang in there with anything long enough to hit one of the win-cons. If you're wanting to take a less proactive approach to the strategy, the deck also has a fair few token generators, so you could just put out tokens until you feel like the game state has progressed enough to where no one would mind you combo'ing off, then win.
1 day ago
Salad_Thunder, congrats on making the switch from Ghave to Rith! And a HUGE kudo to you for not just keeping her Saproling theme going, but doing it with Thallids (fungus cards from Fallen Empires were a huge part of my early Magic experience, and it's awesome to see them again)!
+1 for sure, and lots more if I could!
A few thoughts on your deck, in no particular order ...
- I love your Lumberknot. I can't recall ever seeing one before, and it looks great. There aren't many graveyard shenanigan decks in my group now though (just one, with Meren), but it'd be great for my sideboard. Similarly, Night Soil is a sideboard card for me.
- I tried Proliferate effects in an early version of my deck, to speed up Saproling production (and incidentally add +1/+1s and loyalty counters). I ended up pulling back from that in favor of more mana dorks, but you have a lower curve so it might work for you. Maybe some combo of Contagion Clasp, Contagion Engine, Plaguemaw Beast, or Volt Charge.
- It looks like you've got a good suite of trample effects, to make sure Rith can deal combat damage. If you want a little more Voltron though, maybe add some Trailblazer's Boots or a Whispersilk Cloak?
- I run very few Planeswalkers in my deck (they draw a ton of hate in my group and I don't have many dudes out early to protect them). But you might be able to add more, especially if you can drop-then-ultimate with Doubling Season out. Any of the following might be a good fit: Ajani Steadfast; Domri Rade; Elspeth, Knight-Errant; Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury; Xenagos, the Reveler.
- Shamanic Revelation. The card is just insane.
- I know you're not a big infinite combo fan, but if you're running Life and Limb, I recommend going for the + combo anyways. It's really fragile (one Wrath = done) and I've frankly never pulled it off. But I run the cards every now and then, because someday!
Looking at your maybeboard ...
- I love Artifact Mutation and Aura Mutation. They're great value at almost any point on the curve. I pulled Hull Breach for one, and soon had to find a spot for the other as well.
- I've been surprised how little I use Kessig Wolf Run. It's a fine card, but I tap it for colorless WAY more often than I expected. I've been super-pleased with Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion though.
- I'm not a big Coat of Arms fan, but there's a lot of tribal in my group.
Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for reading this far! :-)
4 days ago
Yes they will still get the board effects. Caged Sun and Akroma's Memorial aren't specifically targeting that devil. It is a board state effect. Just like Wrath of God would be able to kill the creature wearing Whispersilk Cloak. It is not a specific target.
4 days ago
wereotter: Thank you for commenting:) Yeah, Vexing Devil is for sure a mentionable, I'll add him to the combo section. That's a really useful combo, I've been looking for such simple one and then it's right in the Daretti/Feldon commander deck haha. Thanks - What would you recommend taking out? I'm thinking about either Goblin Welder or maybe one of the weak Devils. Furthermore do you, or Pheardemons, knows whether Whispersilk Cloak will "block" the DevilBooster effects? Like, will a devil wearing Whispersilk Cloak still gain the Akroma's Memorial/Caged Sun effects? Thank you.
4 days ago
Lanzo493 Totally! I kept it off there because I wasn't anticipating mad amounts of mana to spare or doing that much damage to players - however, in the couple of games I've had I proved myself wrong. Since I added Whispersilk Cloak and upped the Frogtosser Banneret it's way more viable! Any suggestions on what to sub out for Notorious Throng?
4 days ago
Alright, now that i have a minute, I'll add a bit to my comment above.
Firstly, I'm flattered by the above description of Welcome to the Undercity. I just hope to make something fun, and share it with everyone.
Secondly, I think it's not a great plan to rely on luck when it comes to mana. UB is probably the second or third most likely color pairing to get mana-screwed (after WR and WB,probably), because the only ramp we have access to is artifact ramp, rocks, and card draw. the Archive I think is nice, as a supplement if you really want to keep it. But it's only doing half it's job, since there is minimal lifegain here, and you'll never play it earlier than mid-late game at 5 CMC. I strongly urge you to consider upping it to 35-36 at least. I won't hound you about that any more, though.
Next, since you say that you play mainly 1v1 I recommend dropping some of the least amazing creatures in favor of some better Voltron gear.
Beyond VOltron, I have this to say -
Creatures I would cut are Mirko and Artisan. There are much better cards to mill and to resurrect in these colors.
Unless you're going for flavor wins, Control Magic is better than Ransom, IMO because they have to destroy it to get it back, rather than discarding a couple lands.
With all the mill, Undead Alchemist is sweet creature exile that adds a board presence, and doesn't interfere with Lazav since they are exiled after they hit GY. A pseudo combo with Altar of the Brood.
It's a bit annoying, but Rhystic Study is much more one-sided than Well of Ideas, and even if they don't pay you keep them behind the curve by taxing them.
For more powerful mill, if you wanna go all out is Mesmeric Orb or Dreamborn Muse.IN that case, you might want to keep another Eldrazi I suggest Kozilek to avoid suicide), but I've seldom worried about symmetrical mill because I deck opponents before i deck myself.
Dread Summons seems like a good mana outlet if you're going combo mana. For this I would also recommend Rings of Brighthearth and Basalt Monolith. If you're too combo crazy, I would say swap commanders to Oona anyway because you'll want steady access to a outlet.Check out Megalomania's awesome Oona deck for more hints on that.
Chromatic Lantern is a better rock than Commander's Sphere.
When playing multiplayer, boardwipes are your friends. You shoud have few enough creatures and enough card draw/ token gen to escape relatively better off. Black Sun's Zenith, Pestilence, Toxic Deluge (pricy). these keep frustrated players at bay, and kill your deck's glaring weaknesses - Flying/ Tokens.
6 days ago
I'm not sold on Oblivion Ring (Utter End is more permanent), Spirit Link, Spirit Loop, Curse of the Forsaken, Whispersilk Cloak, Vampiric Link, or Blood-Cursed Knight. As for what to add, check out MagicalHacker - Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WB) for more lifegain matters cards and my profile page for more staples. I'd personally like some more card draw, more board wipes, and maybe better ramp (Ive never liked 3-drop rocks except Worn Powerstone and Coalition Relic), but that's just me :)
1 week ago
I saw your deck and it prompted me to try my own build. +1 for the fun commander and for the inspiration. :)
Anyway, I'd advise you to use some form of protection for your Cap. No Blocks (fun cartoon too). Mother of Runes, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate, Champion's Helm and/or General's Kabuto are all great options. I wouldn't run them all... Just 3 or 4.
Requiem Angel... Again, it gives you creatures to bash face with after someone clears the board.
Most of your creatures are humans, right? Angel of Glory's Rise could be their friend.
Lastly, have you considered Gideon Jura? He might do well here since he has a cool Soldier.
On a side note, my deck is developing to be more token oriented. I'm including Helm of Possession. If someone plays a Thraximundar or a Gisela, Blade of Goldnight or some other interesting commander I'll barrow it from them and get an almost free big body to smash face with. What do you think? Unsure it would work in your deck but that's just some food for thought.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set||Uncommon|
- Master of Cruelties + Whispersilk Cloak
- Blazing Archon + Whispersilk Cloak
- Atog + Fireshrieker + Whispersilk Cloak
- Higure, the Still Wind + Whispersilk Cloak
- Steel Hellkite + Whispersilk Cloak
- Fear + Phage the Untouchable + Whispersilk Cloak
- Brago, King Eternal + Whispersilk Cloak
- Ethersworn Canonist + Whispersilk Cloak
- Lightning Greaves + Whispersilk Cloak
- Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni + Whispersilk Cloak
- Mother of Runes + Whispersilk Cloak
- Giant Adephage + Whispersilk Cloak
- Dark Depths + Pariah's Shield + Whispersilk Cloak
- Cloak and Dagger + Whispersilk Cloak
- Quietus Spike + Silent Arbiter + Whispersilk Cloak
- Darksteel Plate + Whispersilk Cloak
- Herald of War + Whispersilk Cloak