, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Arid Mesa: Search your library for a Mountain or Plains card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (16)||arachnophilia , Gaous , metalmagic , jkwack10 , rewwer , CertifiedBronzie , fitz66 , Rabu , lrdnecros , Cashfirex , Pahahaltija , FilipinoWT , Talaru21 , AndrewsLuz , CampbellStev , Forkbeard|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Arid Mesa occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.4%
All decks: 0.56%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.12%
WUB (Esper): 0.59%
RGW (Naya): 1.69%
UBR (Grixis): 0.46%
RBW (Mardu): 0.87%
Arid Mesa Discussion
1 week ago
thewolfiest, it will depend on what exactly you want out of your manabase. I typically prioritize untapped lands or specific utility functions. Removing duals takes away tutor targets for fetches, so you'll need to include basics.
Talking strictly meeting color requirements, for allied lands you can look at the multiplayer-specific lands that come into play tapped unless you have 2 or more opponents.
For the Enemy lands, you are more restricted. I'd look at the list below, leaning toward whatever priorities you held for the manabase. Easy route would be yanking the last 3 for 1 swamp, 1 forest, and 1 Prismatic Vista
Honestly, I would do this, replacing all Duals with:
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
To answer your question regarding lands:
To start, here's a great resource for lands: All the lands in a sorted list. It lists all the lands, has the prices on them, and has them sorted by what colours they produce/what colors they can fetch.
Your standard Fetch lands are going to be: Flooded Strand , Polluted Delta , Bloodstained Mire , Wooded Foothills , Windswept Heath , Marsh Flats , Scalding Tarn , Verdant Catacombs , Arid Mesa , and Misty Rainforest .
There are other, inferior fetch lands that enter tapped or only fetch basics, which you could use if you are on a very tight budget.
1 month ago
Hello everyone! I have some pretty excited cards to sell. I’m sad to part with them, but the truth is I haven’t played with them in ages, replacing a sewer line in the winter sucks, and replacing said sewer line in the winter while your family is buying holiday gifts left and right extra sucks! Anyway… my plumbing misfortune is your good fortune! All cards are selling below the lowest TCG price for comparable condition, and if you find it priced lower, I’ll happily adjust my pricing! Cards are near mint, except for the dual lands (which are played). Happy to supply pics of any cards you’re interested in, just message me! Shipping is covered in the cost - PWE for sales $30 and under, and I’ll track anything over $30 for free (if you want tracking under $30, we’ll sort that out), and I can take payment via PayPal. I’m planning to list these online Tuesday, so please let me know if you’re interested!
- Tundra $180.00
- 2 Plateau $75.00 each or 2 for $130
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx $16.00
- Yawgmoth's Will $60.00
- Cyclonic Rift $16.50
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor → FTV for $85 or Worldwake for $95 (selling one)
- 3 Vedalken Archmage $8 each or 3 for $20
- Reki, the History of Kamigawa $9.00
- 3 Master Transmuter (2 Conflux, 1 Archenemy) $10 each or 3 for $25
- Worldly Tutor (Mirage) $14.00
- Arid Mesa $30.00
1 month ago
Some neat choices that I agree aren't staple in most decks, but still it looks fairly decent.
One thing bothers me though: Why are you running 4x Arid Mesa with no Plains in your deck? Even w/o Plains it could still be a viable strategy were you to have something like a Landfall ability in here, but I don't see one of those either.
Wouldn't swapping those for 4 more Basic Mountains just increase your fodder for Fireblast and such? I'm lost as to their purpose here.
1 month ago
The only other adjustments I would make would mostly be lands. Have you considered Academy Ruins instead of Buried Ruin? Its repeatable. You also might consider cutting some of your colorless lands for the rest of the fetches in your colors: Arid Mesa , Bloodstained Mire , and Misty Rainforest .
1 month ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
2 months ago
I don't see the use in adding white as an extra color for a creature here.
What I would do is remove Leonin Squire , Arid Mesa , Godless Shrine , Plains , and Sacred Foundry . Substitute the creature with one of these: - Trading Post - Skeleton Shard - Fortuitous Find - Myr Retriever , OR - Scrap Trawler
The Arid Mesa , Godless Shrine , Plains , and Sacred Foundry can be traded out for mountains and swamps, as well as: - Cinder Barrens - Canyon Slough (this has Cycling, so would be good for drawing) - Akoum Refuge - Blackcleave Cliffs - Bloodfell Caves - Dragonskull Summit , AND/OR - Buried Ruin , which would give you additional room to return artifacts