|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Golem
: Golden Guardian fights another target creature you control. When Golden Guardian dies this turn, return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Golden Guardian Discussion
2 days ago
4 days ago
Just fyi Masters 25 is not going to be standard legal. None of the other masters sets have been and I don't see that changing anytime soon. So it doesn't really matter what gets printed there for this deck.
Fumigate does hurt you but the point of using it is to hurt your opponent more. The situations where you should definitely use it are subjective as it comes down to creature quality on board, how many cards they have in hand vs your hand, and how fast you can rebuild. Flipping your Golden Guardian Flip makes boardwipes like fumigate really good for you since you can consistently make more 4/4s whereas your opponent probably cannot.
Settle the wreckage is another good option but not as good since you lose the lifegain, ramp your opponent some lands, and also requires that your opponent is attacking you with the creatures. If they either don't swing/ swing with only a few creatures they can play around it effectively and you have to leave 4 mana open every turn to hold up the threat of a settle which then leaves you behind on board and in threats.
As for more sideboard recommendations Shapers' Sanctuary is a pretty good option for a heavy control match-up. Also Aethersphere Harvester is another decent option for some protection from decks with alot of fliers/ lifegain against Hazored/other really fast aggro decks. Maybe even a copy of 2 of Prowling Serpopard if you're really worried about control.
5 days ago
Possible cards to include Jadelight Ranger to help you hit your land drops early game and may be Walking Ballista for the side board.Could be good to bring in against aggro and token decks and is another good mana sync.
5 days ago
Well-Tuned and Ready to RideThis deck was adapted from my previous aggro Depala deck, and moved more towards a board control position. I removed some of the pseudo-creatures that you were running so I could keep my Dwarf toolbox, as well as added a Sunforger package.
This is all theory of course, but I think Golden Guardian is sweet in this version of Depala. It crews most of your vehicles easy, and if it were to get removed while you have another creature on board, you can activate its ability and let it die so
It's a bit pricey, but Sensei's Divining Top over-performs with Depala. I used her tap effect a lot in my old deck, and Top allows you to guarantee a draw off her tapping. Not to mention that Boros itself needs all the draw power that it can get.
Crib Swap is great here, because not only is it non-destruction removal that can be fetched with Sunforger, it also counts as a Dwarf for Depala's effect, so you can draw it off the top if you see it.
I haven't had the chance to even goldfish this yet, so I don't know whether or not it actually works, but I wanted to say thanks for coming up with the deck idea! Seems like a super cool way to manipulate the major drawback of vehicles into an advantage.
1 week ago
you can't have 2 ponders in commander. Master Transmuter would be great Memnarch, Soul of New Phyrexia, Padeem, Consul of Innovation, Myr Retriever, Golden Guardian Flip, Chief of the Foundry are some to think about. and even though your cmc is low you may want to add a few more lands like maybe 34.
2 weeks ago
These are the cards from Rivals of Ixalan that made it onto one or two of my lists:
- Kumena's Awakening made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady) and MagicalHacker - List of All Group Hug Cards
- Nezahal, Primal Tide made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady) and MagicalHacker - List of All Anti-Control Cards
- Journey to Eternity Flip made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards and MagicalHacker - List of All Protecting Cards
- Curious Obsession, Seafloor Oracle, Twilight Prophet, Azor, the Lawbringer, Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca, and The Immortal Sun made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Steady)
- Secrets of the Golden City made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Draw Cards (Burst)
- Flood of Recollection, Recover, World Shaper, Angrath, Minotaur Pirate, and Atzocan Seer made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards
- Mastermind's Acquisition made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Tutor Cards
- Storm the Vault Flip, Golden Guardian Flip, Path of Mettle Flip, Azor's Gateway Flip, and Thunderherd Migration made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Ramp Cards
- Etali, Primal Storm made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Free Value Cards
- Arch of Orazca made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Utility Lands
- Thrashing Brontodon and Zacama, Primal Calamity made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Item Removal Cards
- Admiral's Order made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Counterspell Cards
- Slaughter the Strong and Tetzimoc, Primal Death made it onto MagicalHacker - List of All Board Wipe Cards
Did I miss anything from RIX? Did I miss anything from another set? What list should I make next? Leave your feedback here or on any of my 22 lists! Thanks!
3 weeks ago
Not sure what your budget Looks like, but I'll toss a Heart of Kiran recommendation, lets you "attack" with Golden Guardian Flip (and you can even fight the Heart if you're in a desperate bind), also lets you power out a fast Ghalta from time to time, and lets you swing past some pesky blockers/block some fliers. Wayward Swordtooth seems to have a lot of cute synergies with the deck, so I'd say maybe cut Ranging Raptors if you go down this route. Aethersphere Harvester is also an easier to crew (and cheaper) alternative to Heart.
Maybe an Arch of Orazca or two since its usually low opportunity cost in mono colors and card draw in green is pretty gas during a board stall. Also might take pressure off your Golden Guardian Flip lands.
3 weeks ago
I have been getting some great feedback on my mono-green dino list but wanted to share it here to hopefully get some more eyes on the deck. One of my favorite RIX cards was Golden Guardian Flip. The land is incredibly powerful once it flips and is also some really great ramp. The deck is looking to play with the interaction between it, Ripjaw Raptor and Polyraptor. So far in my testing the deck is pretty fun (which is the most important thing to me) but as with most mono-colored decks, it is missing...something. Any help is appreciated and I hope you like the list! Feel free to post your Dino and Mono-Green decks as well for others to see and comment on!
Cheers and Happy Brewing!