|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Betrayers of Kamigawa (BOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
In the Web of War
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it gets +2/+0 and gains haste until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
In the Web of War Discussion
3 days ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
4 weeks ago
Hi! Here are some inexpensive cards to improve the pre-con!
For the mana base, check out this website. That'll give you all the options in your colors. It'll also tell you the artifact and ramp options! Remember, 37 lands, 10 ramp, 47 mana sources total.
Buffing Our Army: Indulgent Aristocrat(small cost for effect), Drana, Liberator of Malakir(+1/+1 counter theme, Vampire Nocturnus(only if you find yourself heavy in black), Guul Draz Overseer(again, heavy in black. run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth), Necropolis Regent(+1/+1 theme), Urge to Feed(removal, +1/+1, Eldrazi Monument(VERY important), Vanquisher's Banner(card draw!), Stensia Masquerade(+1/+1 counters), Cathars' Crusade(Important, +1/+1 counters), In the Web of War, True Conviction, Ogre Battledriver, the outlast lords Abzan Falconer / Mer-Ek Nightblade / Abzan Battle Priest, which synergize with the +1/+1 counter theme again, Elenda, the Dusk Rose(+1/+1 counter theme)
2 months ago
Sword is broken with krenko, especially like I said with the altar. Krenko with sword +any goblin and the altar creates an infinite combo for infinite 1/1 goblins. You could theoretically win turn 3 with it. Also cards I'd suggest tossing.Sparkmage Apprentice Doesn't help Krenko and the one damage it does when it comes in is inconsequential.Ornithopter It's a free flying blocker at best, but it doesn't offer you any real benefits other than a potential few extra life points that shouldn't matter since you should be faster than anyone else anyway.Forgotten Cave Cycling is awesome, don't get me wrong but you've got much better options than this, Look into a Wheel or something instead.Sure Strike The spell isn't bad, for most decks I'd usually say go for it, but goblins are a swarm tribe. You're looking for lots of tiny bits of damage, one guy doing an extra 3 doesn't do much for you.Collateral Damage There is no reason to run this over Lightning BoltTrial of Zeal You aren't running any Cartouches, this is basically an expensive lightning bolt.There's a few others I think are sub-optimal, but those are the big changes I'd consider making personally. As for ideas on what would be better in their place...Purphoros, God of the Forge costs some $$$, but you'll be dumping goblins all over the place so he can win the game for you on his own, definitely worth the investmentFervor Haste is gonna be important for your goblins, you have some creatures that do it, having something a little harder to get rid of that gives haste is definitely welcome.In the Web of War More haste and now all your goblins are 3/1 when they drop. Definitely a game changerRummaging Goblin Draw is important, and while discard is a pain, goblins have the best discard option ever, Squee, Goblin Nabob he can be a permanent way for you to grow your hand without ever having to actually lose anything important.Goblin Recruiter Red doesn't have a lot of tutors, this guy is great for that AND he's got the ability to pull as many as you want, gotta play him smart though.Goblin Assassin He might hurt you too, but with krenko pumping out buttloads of tokens, it's essentially a boardwipe for everyone except you.
2 months ago
I love The Locust God decks - cool list!
I'm working on one, as well, at Revenge of the Nibblers. I like how these lists can go in different directions, including
- Going wide.
- Burning or milling out opponents.
- Storming off with Aetherflux Reservoir.
Clone Legion seems incredible here.
I might suggest a Shared Animosity over In the Web of War. Invoke the Firemind is also a great complement to Blue Sun's Zenith that let's you cast a huge burn or draw spell off of Ashnod's Altar mana. Skullclamp works well with Ashnod's Altar, too.
Someone recommended Mana Echoes to me - if you can find an HP copy, it's super worth including in a deck like this.
How are your wheel effects working for you? Mine felt too chaotic to me, so I went for more group-hug draw to stay alive and more targeted burn and draw spells.
4 months ago
Are you sick of all these tribal elf decks? I am, but there's this old Lorwyn deck of mine that's asking to be completed. I replaced black with red and put Radha, Heir to Keld + some red instants (notably, Savage Beating) + In the Web of War in order to make a sort of elf "berserked-warrior" deck [continues in the deck description]:
Thanks for your feedback!
4 months ago
I would replace the red Archetype with Anger. It's already not an Orc, but the Archetype can be removed and you lose the effect. Anger gets removed and you keep the effect until someone brings graveyard hate.
Chromatic Lantern for Mardu Banner? Gives you any color but fixes your lands, too? I always run Lantern when I have more than 2 colors and in some 2 color decks, too.
You have a lower Mana curve, so you may be able to replace two lands with more cards.
I think Hatred and Ride Down are somewhat weak cards. Maybe War Cadence and In the Web of War? WC gives you a repeatable "can't be blocked" effect and ITWOW is a non-creature version of Ogre Battledriver.
With so many dash effects, maybe take out one of the weaker Orcs for Purphoros, God of the Forge? I could see Orcs worshipping the Red God and that 2 damage per creature entering the battlefield will really add up.
Some overall "good stuff" cards for combat strikes in these colors:
5 months ago
That card + Vulshok Battlemaster = infinite ETB triggers
That card + Thousand-Year Elixir Mass Hysteria In the Web of War Lightning Greaves + Burning-Tree Emissary Priest of Urabrask Priest of Gix Kazuul's Toll Collector Kor Outfitter Puresteel Paladin(with metalcraft) Auriok Survivors(if you have a sacrifice outlet) = infinite ETB triggers, too
Basically, it's be a EDH combo machine.
5 months ago
Since I can't figure out how else to display them, here is my "acquire" list that will replace other cards in the deck: