|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental Shaman
Other Elemental creatures you control get +1/+1.
, : You may put an Elemental creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||ironax , Psycheretic , pskinn01 , philktoken8998 , PTsmitty , MathieuHarvey0555 , Caldazar , Mortiferus_Rosa , darthnuchi , firemind12|
Incandescent Soulstoke Discussion
1 month ago
It depends on how many crads you want to remove. I usually start with the highest costs, big flashy cards are useless if you can't play them. Anyway most of the time they will be stolen, cloned, reanimated or casted for free from your library, or just be killed by some removal or board wipe, it's way better when your oponents spend resources against other players' creatures.
Avenger of Zendikar actually not that good. If left unchecked it can finish the game, but usually by your next turn you'll have a bunch of 2/3 plants which are still not so menacing. In a deck more dedicated to give board wide buffs to your creatures can perform better. Tokens are not elementals either.
Hateflayer I really like this creature a lot, and I want to find a deck where I can abuse it (vehicles maybe?), but just by itself, it's not that good, being an elemental just doesn't justify its inclusion.
Magmatic Force Yes, this creature is insane. You don't need to do anything it just sits there throwing lightning bolts here and there. Every turn that stays alive is producing value. But the cost is super high, so not really sure about remmoving it.
Phytotitan This card actually works with the deck, but I ended cutting it from mmy deck because it really wasn't enough for the cost, it doesn't comes back until you upkeep and comes tapped, so it's not that marvelous. The good part is it comboes perfectly with Incandescent Soulstoke, but it's the only creature that goes well with it. Most of the time you don't want to throw your elementals for one attack and then sacrificing them, do you?
Incandescent Soulstoke for the reason I previously stated. Just the +1/+1 to elementals won make this guy earn its spot.
Smokebraider not a bad card, but you don't have too many elemental spells. Playing green you have available all the mana dorks you can dream of, Whisperer of the Wilds will easily give you two greens to spend on whatever you want. But you should really start by getting a Sol Ring, an absolutely broken card that should had never existed that you can get for an stupily low price. Then, the next mana rocks to include would be Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and also Overgrowth. You are trying to reach a really high costs, so you need cards that give you more than one mana, spending one card on ramping one mana just isn't enough, you need to get to 7.
Soulbright Flamekin Don't let all those red mana symbols fool you. You give it six colorless mana and it gives you eight red mana, so in fact it's just producing a net two mana, but you have to spend six before, bad deal.
Wayfarer's Bauble, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Rampant Growth As I said before, spending one card to get one land ahead just isn't enough. When you are in a rush to get to the fourth mana because that's the cost of your commander and you need it to get the deck rolling then that kind of cards are great, but if you ramp like that you'll run out of cards in hand and you still won't be able to cast Omnath. You need cards that give you more than one mana.
Rite of the Raging Storm the problem with this card is when you cast it what you really need is survival. On top of that, you won't get your token until your next turn.
Second Harvest It's a "win more" card. If you have a couple or more of the Omnath tokens to duplicate I'd say you are on a confortable situation and if the opponents dont do something against it soon they are going to be in a world of pain soon anyway. I rather have a card like Heroic Intervention to keep my position on the board in case of board wipe than trying to push a bit ahead and then risk wasting the card, but that is a personal preference.
In my experiencie, the biggest problem of the deck is that in the early game you are really weak and you run out of cards if you try to rush to seven mana. So you need cheaper creatures, more card draw, board wipes and some way to pillow fort yourself.
Arbor Colossus This guy may be what you need: big, cheap, with reach, and it can even destroy some naughty dragon who dare come too close.
Ohran Viper This creature is really nice, gives you cards (hopefuly it can get you a couple of them) and if it stays back to block works as deterrent.
Chain Reaction this card can be as wild as Blasphemous Act. You won't get a better board wipe for that mana in these colors.
Thaumatic Compass Flip helps you get lands and later becomes protection from attacks, maybe it's worth trying it out here.
I would add one more sacrifice outlet just in case, like Altar of Dementia or Spawning Pit, you don't want your small elemental tokens exiling insted of going to graveyard.
Blade of Selves Is my secret weapon. When you equip Omnath with it and attack, the myriad copies are created at the same time and because of the legendary rule (copies of Omnath are also legendary) they are all put in the graveyard as soon as they are created and you'll get one trigger for each Omnath that was alive times each Omnath that died. After geting your calculator to work out the numbers you will see that it's a whole lotta damage.
1 month ago
Tilonalli's Summoner, Perilous Forays, Incandescent Soulstoke, Budoka Gardener, Tempt with Vengeance, Rite of the Raging Storm, Elemental Mastery, Embodiment of Insight, Embodiment of Fury, Rakka Mar, Ogre Battledriver, Edge of Autumn, Squirrel Wrangler, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Petrified Field, Realms Uncharted, Far Wanderings and Rude Awakening.
2 months ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
2 months ago
If i activate Incandescent Soulstoke's ability to play an elemental from hand then attack, say unblocked, and deals damage to a player; would i then be able use Fling to deal additional damage to the player?
2 months ago
4 months ago
4 months ago
4 months ago
My personal experience with Omnath is land ramp is better than mana dorks. This is mostly because late game an Elvish Mystic is pretty much worthless, while a Rampant Growth can be huge with Omnath on the field.
Tempt with Vengeance and Boundless Realms will win you games. I don't know of any infinite combos off the top of my head.
Elementals I like: Malignus, Tyrant of Discord, Incandescent Soulstoke, and Rubblehulk. Although not an elemental, I also like Rakka Mar.
The only other suggestion I would have is Basilisk Collar. It turns your sac outlets into board wipes and extra life for you.