|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning (DDN)||Rare|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Ogre Warrior
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, that creature gets +2/+0 and gains haste until end of turn. (It can attack and this turn.)
Ogre Battledriver Discussion
1 week ago
Upgrades For Gyrus:
Upgrades For Ghired:
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget upgrade of the precon. Good work in progress :)
Birds and Smothering are very good choices for expensive price upgrades. Helm is fine too because you added Aurelia and Godo to give you a combo win. Omnath at $7 is kind of out of place because not playing many ways to take advantage of sacing Elementals. Rampaging does the same thing as Omnath for less than $1 and it has trample. Armada Wurm and/or End-Raze Forerunners each less than a $1 could replace Omnath and have more impact. Hornet Queen at $2 creates some nasty tokens.
Interesting choice for the other expensive price cards: Iroas, Panharmonicon and Splinter. There's nothing wrong with these cards, but I don't think they're upgrades that a budget version of the precon needs. The $20 from these three cards could be better used for land upgrades. $20 can get you the three Check lands, one Shock land as well as some other lands and these will help your deck much more.
In my opinion the upgrades that the precon needs the most are lands, tutors and ramp. I see that you're playing pretty much the stock manabase from the precon, but there's many good lands in the maybeboard. Are you in the process of getting the lands in the maybeboard? If so my advice is make them priority for upgrades.
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Battlefield Forge : colorless/colored mana source.
- Scattered Groves : dual land that can make white mana that Farseek can tutor for. Can be temporary until you get Temple Garden and/or Canopy Vista .
- Naya Panorama : colorless/colored mana source.
- Opal Palace : colorless/colored mana source.
- Game Trail
- Fortified Village
- Sheltered Thicket
- Eladamri's Call : one of the best creature tutors in Commander.
- Fierce Empath : creature tutor to blink.
- Open the Armory : tutor for Greaves or Helm. Having another way to tutor for Helm helps consistency of assembling the combo.
- Congregation at Dawn
- Sylvan Scrying : tutor for a colorless land source or Command Tower , etc.
- Orcish Lumberjack : can tap the Forest to make mana before you sac it meaning Lumberjack combined can make four mana which is very good for a one drop. Lumberjack and a white source can get Ghired onto the battlefield fast.
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Talisman of Impulse : colorless/colored mana source.
- Talisman of Unity : colorless/colored mana source.
- Talisman of Conviction : colorless/colored mana source.
- Eldrazi Displacer : with colorless mana sources blink for Ghired and other creatures. Can protect Ghired, after he attacks, triggers, blink him out of combat.
- Mirror Entity : busted with Atla Palani, Nest Tender since it can turn all your creatures into Eggs. Can activate it's ability for no mana making all your creatures 0/0s. They all die, each one cheating a creature from your library onto the battlefield. Entity is also a good card with tokens because until end of turn it can pump all your creatures/tokens to huge amounts depending on how much mana you can make.
- Ogre Battledriver : repeatable pump and haste when creating tokens. Can be a win condition with Entity and Alta giving all the creatures/tokens you cheat onto the battlefield haste. Casting Ghired after getting Battledriver onto the battlefield can give an opponent a beating with haste; doing a combined 16 damage with Ghired and two 4/4 Rhinos.
- Armada Wurm : creates a token with trample, good with blink. 10 power of trample for 6 mana.
- Hornet Queen : creates nasty flying tokens, good with blink.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Rugged Highlands
- Blossoming Sands
- Graypelt Refuge
- Kazandu Refuge
- Myriad Landscape
- Sungrass Prairie
- Emmara Tandris
- Doomed Artisan
- Full Flowering
- Ghired's Belligerence
- Slice in Twain
- Aura Mutation
- Growing Ranks
- Flameshadow Conjuring
- Omnath, Locus of Rage
- Splinter Twin
- Iroas, God of Victory
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more advice about these potential additions and the cards I'm suggesting to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
You might like these: Parallel Lives , Aetherworks Marvel , Lightning Coils , Hell's Caretaker , Whisper, Blood Liturgist , Syr Konrad, the Grim , Mimic Vat , Ogre Battledriver , Stalking Vengeance , Warstorm Surge , Second Harvest
1 month ago
Funkydiscogod Agreed on the losing of haste. The rest seems fine.
Exert would reduce it to a finisher move in an aggro deck, whereas a non-hasty anthem pumper would be more of a mid-range value tool.
Falcoshin No, the wording is fine as it is. It is literally a creature version of Fervent Charge . Flavor would likely agree with you that this needs to be attacking along with the army to provide the pump, but it is little different from Ogre Battledriver that provides its benefits "from the backseat".
2 months ago
I'd also like to second Flayer of the Hatebound . With a sac outlet and Marchesa it's 36 damage every round in a 4 player game. If the sac outlet is Goblin Bombardment, it's 44 damage. If you have Ogre Battledriver out, it's 52 damage. Both is 60 damage. That's ANY target (including yourself when needed) in small increments.
2 months ago
You might like these cards: Manamorphose (= draw 2 cards for 0 mana if used with Riku), Second Harvest , Elvish Rejuvenator , Guttersnipe , Regrowth , Early Harvest (nets you extra mana by copying with Riku, makes infinite in the right setup), Zada, Hedron Grinder , Twinflame , Dualcaster Mage , Peregrine Drake , Deadeye Navigator , Bramble Sovereign , Ogre Battledriver , Conjurer's Closet , Clone Legion , Parallel Lives
3 months ago
Interesting deck! I would however recommend narrowing down to one potential commander so you can better focus the deck. Personally, I have both Vaevictis and Prossh decks, Prossh is a beast in a token build, but I'd say Vaevictis is the better choice for dragon tribal.
3 months ago
Ogre Battledriver occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%