Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.65||$2.28||$10.0||$38.22||0.45 TIX||2.45 TIX|
|Have (36)||Valentine35 , saj0219 , Regigigas23 , philktoken8998 , Tanis44 , HalcyonMTG , RealityShock , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , RealShoppingCart , GoldGhost012 , rooroothepirate , almerican , Darnok , LoneCrusader399 , DrLitebur , LordJello , tooTimid , metljoe , Comicalflop , titaniumturtlex , DBCooper , Feyd-Rautha , Captain_MUD , balchj , jimykid86 , h4ck3rwc3 , Derpachus , myDownfall , DMR , Gameover209X , Skimm3r , Hootiequack , hash-brown , Metriod544 , JimmyDanger15 , Kamae555|
|Want (7)||Spinalripper , Grantley91 , TheAlexGnan , thenewcraft , zachi , scare983 , Toasty_Wolf|
Young Pyromancer Discussion
5 hours ago
I would play RUG delver if I could choose. I have no link to a decklist but something like this should work fine:
- 4x Misty Rainforest
- 4x Scalding Tarn
- 2x Steam Vents
- 2x Breeding Pool
- 6x Island
- 2x Forest
- 1x Mountain
- 4x Delver of Secrets Flip
- 4x Snapcaster Mage
- 4x Tarmogoyf
- 3x Young Pyromancer
- 4x Serum Visions
- 3x Gitaxian Probe
- 2x Spell Snare
- 3x Mana Leak
- 2x Cryptic Command
- 4x Lightning Bolt
- 2x Burst Lightning
- 1x Izzet Charm
- 1x Electrolyze
- 2x Vedalken Shackles
8 hours ago
hey GoldGhost012 what do you think about a Siege Rhino, Heliod, God of the Sun, an End Hostilities, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, one Young Pyromancer and a Hellkite Tyrant for all those sliver cards? I would throw in that Thorncaster Sliver and we'd be about even.
8 hours ago
what about Young Pyromancer? Every time you counter or burn put creatures on the battlefield. I think the deck is lacking creatures
10 hours ago
Hi again. I saw your comment. Communicating this way is kind of awkward, but here goes.
This is how I sideboarded after Game 1:
- -3 Liliana of the Veil (Confident that Kitchen Finks would be your must-have in your opening hand, I could not rely on Liliana being that good.)
- -1 Iona, Shield of Emeria (I was pretty sure you would have enough removal for it to not be a problem)
- -1 Remand (I just didn't feel it could do enough)
- +1 Wrath of God (I don't think I need to explain these two. I expected you to go wide.)
- +1 Abrupt Decay
- +1 Dispel (against Collected Company and Chord of Calling mainly)
- +1 Inquisition of Kozilek
- +1 Krosan Grip (against possible sideboard hosers)
After Game 2 I added one Liliana back in and took out a Snapcaster Mage.
I just uploaded my decklist here on the site so you can get an idea of how it plays out.
Regarding your sideboard, I don't think the Eidolon of Rhetoric would have done too much of an impact even if I'd let it stay in play, I just play too many things in Instant-speed for it to really matter. The Voice of Resurgence was annoying, though.
Aven Mindcensor is, as you probably had guessed, very good in the matchup. Too bad you didn't draw one.
What was the Orzhov Pontiff for? To hit faster, or to kill my Lingering Souls tokens? I don't think you should focus too much on the tokens, they are only slowing you down. If you really have to get rid of them though, I suggest Illness in the Ranks (which, coincidentally, is also good against Twin and other decks, like the Delver decks that play Young Pyromancer).
Stain the Mind more or less have to pick Gifts Ungiven (unless you face an imminent threat in my hand or grave that you have to remove). Other than Gifts, the deck is intentionally not playing any 4-ofs, but is trying to play different spells that does the same thing so that they can collectively be found with Gifts (see the Wrath-package for example).
Again, thanks for the match, and thanks for putting up with my questions and the like.
17 hours ago
This deck wasn't designed to be a pure grixis delver tempo deck. It certainly qualifies as tempo and can play like tempo, but is designed to be much more flexible than traditional delver tempo. This deck was designed to be able to still have a lot of the same strengths as delver, but with a greatly improved matchup against abzan and burn. I was able to fix the burn matchup, but not the abzan matchup. I agree that 4 Lightning Bolt is probably necessary, so I might pull 1 IoK for the fourth bolt. That seems reasonable.
As for IoK in general, I like it for removing the most problematic cards such as Abrupt Decay and Eidolon of the Great Revel. There are too many cards that throw my entire board into a fit if resolved and IoK gives me a way to remove them before I have to worry. I understand that it destroys tempo, but this deck doesn't use / benefit from tempo as much as the traditional delver. The same is true of Remand. It's fantastic tempo, but tempo is only great if you can win within 1-2 turns before the card you stalled comes back to haunt you.
I chose to abandon maximum tempo for a deck that is better against the decks that traditional delver concedes to. This is why I left Gitaxian Probe and Young Pyromancer behind - they don't help in our bad matchups and removing them doesn't make our good matchups noticeably worse. The only real shortcoming of this deck compared to traditional delver is that this deck has a worse twin matchup, but it's still favorable. This deck can race if it needs to, but doesn't have to in order to win.
For Terminate vs Murderous Cut, no cut is definitely the way to go. Cut's presence only harms me because it's more strain on my delve and only costs 1 less at best. Usually it will cost more. I need the 1 red available anyway so there is no disadvantage to Terminate.
What decks, besides tron, is IoK bad against? I don't think it's awful against twin. What matchups would benefit from having something else in its place? There are just so mane decks out there that become very unstable if they lose 1 card from the hand. Things like infect, other delver decks, bogles, most combo decks... I just see it helping in a lot of games.
19 hours ago
Delver of Secrets Flip is a more aggressive creature than Ludevic's Test Subject Flip but in large free-for-all games being aggressive isn't always a good idea. If you go heavy into spell redirection as a control route then the Test Subject might be the better choice.
If your group uses a lot of creature decks, Shapeshifter's Marrow is a good way to deny them those creatures and get free creatures yourself. Crack the Earth is also good if you have Young Pyromancer out since his ability will resolve first, giving you a token to sacrifice.
19 hours ago
Discard is incredibly bad in Delver. It actually sets you behind in a tempo deck, which is what Delver is. I'd -4 Inquisition of Kozilek -3 Countersquall for +1 Lightning Bolt +4 Gitaxian Probe +3 Remand. Also, Vampire Nighthawk is just worse than Young Pyromancer, I recommend swapping them. Oh, and -1 Terminate +1 Murderous Cut.
1 day ago
Cool deck! You need to put in some burn, 4 Lightning Bolts and maybe some Stoke the Flames, and also 4 each of Titan's Strength, Monastery Swiftspear, and Young Pyromancer. Also maybe Rouse the Mob, Madcap Skills, Temur Battle Rage, Weapon Surge, and splash green for Become Immense and Rancor. Swiftspear is ridiculous and the haste is crucial with all the removal in modern. Lightning Bolt should be self-explanatory. Titan's Strength is usually at least as good as Brute Force, and often better since it lets you scy away unneeded lands (or get needed lands). Young Pyromancer lets you go wide (like crusader), which makes it much harder for opponents to handle combat with stuff like Lingering Souls or goyf, he usually nets you 4-5 tokens by the time the game is over, and you don't even have to target him! Stoke the Flames will be basically free, just tap the dudes you can't attack with (ie no haste). As for the others, trample is awesome, and 1-2 Become Immense is absolutely worth it if you can afford a few Stomping grounds or even Rootbound Crag.
|Power / Toughness||2/1|
|Avg. draft pick||2.16|
|Avg. cube pick||2.5|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Isochron Scepter + Path to Exile + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Delver of Secrets + Young Pyromancer
- Flame Jab + Young Pyromancer
- Raven's Crime + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Lava Axe + Young Pyromancer
- Lingering Souls + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Dragonshift + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Young Pyromancer
- Fencing Ace + Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Mountain + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Young Pyromancer
- Lightning Bolt + Searing Blood + Young Pyromancer
- Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest + Young Pyromancer
- Bident of Thassa + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Tymaret, the Murder King + Young Pyromancer
- Manamorphose + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Isochron Scepter
- Beck / Call + Young Pyromancer
- Quickling + Young Pyromancer + Snapcaster Mage
- Mutavault + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Kiln Fiend + Young Pyromancer
- Raise the Alarm + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Zealous Persecution
- Mizzium Skin + Young Pyromancer
- Time Walk + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Monastery Swiftspear + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Goblin Rabblemaster + Young Pyromancer
- Punishing Fire + Young Pyromancer
- Foundry Street Denizen + Young Pyromancer
- Burning Vengeance + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Collateral Damage + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Blasting Station + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Last-Ditch Effort + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Monastery Mentor + Young Pyromancer
- Soul's Attendant + Young Pyromancer
- Impact Tremors + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Cabal Therapy + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Shrine of Burning Rage + Young Pyromancer
- Gitaxian Probe + Young Pyromancer
- Atarka's Command + Young Pyromancer
- Lingering Souls + Monastery Mentor + Young Pyromancer
- Hordeling Outburst + Young Pyromancer
- Dragon Fodder + Young Pyromancer
- Snapcaster Mage + Young Pyromancer
- Anger of the Gods + Soulfire Grand Master + Young Pyromancer
- Shrine of Burning Rage + Young Pyromancer