Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.28 TIX||0.5 TIX|
Young Pyromancer Discussion
2 hours ago
HOW TO BEAT THE TIER 1 and 2 Decks
Scapeshift- Uses Scapeshift to put a bunch of Mountains on the table and does a bunch of damage with Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle. Likely has a few counters and lightning bolts. Have to outrun it. Sideboard in Blood Moon and drop 3 Lightning Bolts.
Twin- Uses Splinter Twin or Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker with Deceiver Exarch or Pestermite to go infinite. Has counters and lightning bolts. Watch for creatures with flash. Go all out on the first two turns, kill the above creatures at all cost. Sideboard in Dismember and Spellskite. Drop four Krenko's Command, two Goblin Chieftain, and 2 Shared Animosity.
Delver- Kill the Young Pyromancer, its the biggest threat. They has lots of removal but shouldnt have any mass removal. Play as fast as possible. Sideboard in Spellskite and like always, drop the Krenko's Command.
12 hours ago
Try theese:Volcanic Island, Delver of Secrets Flip, Goblin Guide, Monastery Swiftspear, Scalding Tarn, Gitaxian Probe, Young Pyromancer, Daze, Brainstorm, Ponder, Chain Lightning, Fireblast, Price of Progress, Pyroblast, Lava Spike, Lightning Helix,
12 hours ago
I thought about Young Pyromancer, but I decided to have 4 monastery mentors instead and add in the 4 Soulfire Grand Master. I mean, if I can keep generating prowess 1/1s vs normal 1/1s, I would go with normal. Sure the pyromancer costs 1 less, but that's when you would play the grand master. Basically, I just decided I would rather be able to give lifelink to my spells and be able to reuse one each turn, rather than having 1 more token generator. Plus, with Ponder, Brainstorm, and Preordain, I should have any trouble getting the mentor into play. Wow, long comment on my part.
13 hours ago
True! I didn't think about that- have you thought about Young Pyromancer? Maybe instead of purph just to keep it quick
22 hours ago
I've got my own version of a similar deck, but without the black. I don't play it often and haven't worked on it in a while, but Hidden Strings is nice in that it either pays for itself and acts like a free pump, or lets you control the board a bit. The amazing thing about Cipher is, like Rebound, you get to cast a copy of the spell for free, but it's permanently tacked onto the creature. I don't think the extra cast affects the damage since the cipher trigger happens in response to damage... but I often play with Young Pyromancer and Blistercoil Weird.
I don't have any G-probes, so to justify splashing black in I'd have to find more stuff to use in black, like Duress or something since I don't have any Inquisition of Kozilek, otherwise I'd find myself potentially stalling out waiting desperately for black mana.
1 day ago
I could do that, but then this deck wouldn't be "burn" anymore. Young Pyromancer is a amazing creature for delver decks, but we want to outrace our opponent, and I think the Young Pyromancer it's more well suited in long matches, which it's not the idea of this deck.
Dunno, gonna give it a try, maybe taking Vexing Devil out.
But hey, thanks for the suggestion, i really appreciate that.
1 day ago
Okay so the reason for the cantrips in Delver is to simply give yourself as many spells to create tokens as possible. Does that make Young Pyromancer your main Win con?
I think I understand Burn at its heart but I don't get Delver completely. Does anyone have a link to a good solid primer for Delver?
Again, I'm working on a lot of homebrew variants. I have tried Mardu and am toying with Jeskai. I enjoy burn to some extent but I think what I want to do is a little more multicolor and creature/not burning your face intensive.
As far as Burn vs RDW, they are not the same thing. Burn can be considered a RDW but RDW is not always Burn oriented.
Thanks for the help so far!
1 day ago
Baleful liege is just bad in modern in edh it would work wonders bit modern you lose before you can drop it also I would defiantly not run satyr fire dancer also very slow that being said lightening bolt needs to be a 4 of Skullcrack needs to be somewhere in the 75 and I believe that Young Pyromancer May also be helpful
|Power / Toughness||2/1|
|Avg. draft pick||2.16|
|Avg. cube pick||1.44|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Isochron Scepter + Path to Exile + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Delver of Secrets + Young Pyromancer
- Flame Jab + Young Pyromancer
- Raven's Crime + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Lava Axe + Young Pyromancer
- Lingering Souls + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Dragonshift + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Young Pyromancer
- Fencing Ace + Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Mountain + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Young Pyromancer
- Lightning Bolt + Searing Blood + Young Pyromancer
- Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest + Young Pyromancer
- Bident of Thassa + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Tymaret, the Murder King + Young Pyromancer
- Manamorphose + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Isochron Scepter
- Beck / Call + Young Pyromancer
- Quickling + Young Pyromancer + Snapcaster Mage
- Mutavault + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Kiln Fiend + Young Pyromancer
- Raise the Alarm + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Zealous Persecution
- Mizzium Skin + Young Pyromancer
- Time Walk + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Monastery Swiftspear + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Goblin Rabblemaster + Young Pyromancer
- Punishing Fire + Young Pyromancer
- Foundry Street Denizen + Young Pyromancer
- Burning Vengeance + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Collateral Damage + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer