Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.37 TIX||0.65 TIX|
Young Pyromancer Discussion
9 hours ago
elpokitolama!! I'm sorry i didn't respond sooner (I've been rather busy the past few days and haven't had a chance to get on.) but thank you for your many suggestions! i wont lie, i was starting to question whether youd come back and say anything or not, but im glad you did! :)
I like the clout, and I'm definitely going to consider it. also i do agree on needing more win-cons, so i think i'll find a way to throw in some Young Pyromancers
I WISH I could have a few Batterskull in the main but I'm a highschooler with a part time job and lots of things to pay for, so i don't think I'm going to be able to buy any at the moment, but it IS a great suggestion so thank you.
I also like the idea of Magma Jet, scry 2 and an extra two (technically 3+) damage is pretty good.
I've actually already considered the ascension and its really not worth it. most of my spells are counterspells so it'd usually just give an extra defensive shield that's kind of unnecessary. Blood Moon is a FANTASTIC card and I love the blue moon deck, but I'm wanting to keep this deck more original so I'm going to try and avoid making it an altered version of another top tier one.
thank you for all your suggestions, theyve been very helpful!! and thanks for the support, bro. :D
10 hours ago
I'm surprised to see no Electrolyze in here, as it's a very strong spell. I'd only play 2-3 seeing as its not the best against Delver.
Here's how I would build your manabase:
Cutting down on shocklands is important for saving on life, and you need more Creeping Tar Pit as your win condition.
12 hours ago
Only thing that concerns me is that what makes the UR Delver so strong is Young Pyromancer giving value for you instants and sorceries. Quirion Dryad doesn't come close to that same value, but still cool.
I would suggest Thoughtscour in here also. It's a cool cantrip that gives you Scavenging Ooze a little fuel. By the way: I love Scavenging Ooze! I think it's a suitable replacement for Tarmogoyf; That high price pompous beat stick.
Overall it is a cool idea but I think you might be able to find a better fit than Quirion Dryad. If I think of 1 I'll get back to you. +1. Cool idea
18 hours ago
Game One: Both had strong starting hands, but dberg got very unlucky and was land screwed. Cheap removal combined with Young Pyromancer provided an army of tokens, and a 5/1 (Madcap Skills) Pyromancer as well as a Kiln Fiend took dberg's life down to zero quickly.
Game Two: Yet again, both had good hands, but this time dberg had a Pestilence, which was brutal when it wiped out all of laughingman123's creatures and landed a Hand of Emrakul. Things were over quickly when laughingman had to discard his hand (Dimir Guildmage) and had nothing but three mountains on the board.
Game Two: A grueling seventy-five minute match that lasted well past turn 30. An army of tokens smashed into dberg, quickly putting him down to 18 life on turn five. A topdecked Pestilence for two cleared the board. laughingman had overextended slightly, and he only had one mountain on board on turn eight (the depletion land had paid for the rest). Things stalled because of counterspells. However, an Errant Ephemeron and the Dimir Guildmage pounded down on their life total to make it 18 dberg 16 laughingman. After stagnating laughingman with counterspells on key creatures, they eventually ran out of answers. A kicked Burst Lightning took out the Ephemeron, and Bolt killed the Guildmage. After a long time of being land-screwed for both players, a Hand of Emrakul showed up for dberg. As luck would have it, Seismic Strike showed up next turn for the exact amount needed to kill Emrakul's disembodied Hand. Eventually, a Raging Goblin as well as Young Pyromancer helped an assault that dberg could not answer on turn thirty seven.
1 day ago
Just to name a few of them.
1 day ago
2 days ago
OH! And you definitely want 4x Gitaxian Probe in here so you know which spells you'll be wanting to counter, plus it thins out your deck. And with Guttersnipe it's also dealing them damage, and pumping out a token with Young Pyromancer.
2 days ago
As for counterspells, I'd remove Negate and Essence Scatter and change them for Spell Pierce and Mana Leak. And I'd probably run at least 3 of each. In Modern, people will seldom have the extra mana, but keep a couple of Dissolve just in case they do. Another option is Remand, though they are expensive.
The Goblin Rabblemaster is kind of the odd man out here. He's an awesome card but I don't know that he really makes sense in this build. For your creature base, I'd probably just do 4x Young Pyromancer, 4x Guttersnipe, and 4x Delver of Secrets Flip.
The other good news is that you can probably get away with 22 lands in this build.
Let me know what you think of those suggestions and then we'll talk about sideboard.
|Power / Toughness||2/1|
|Avg. draft pick||2.16|
|Avg. cube pick||1.44|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Isochron Scepter + Path to Exile + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Delver of Secrets + Young Pyromancer
- Flame Jab + Young Pyromancer
- Raven's Crime + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Lava Axe + Young Pyromancer
- Lingering Souls + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Dragonshift + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Young Pyromancer
- Fencing Ace + Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Mountain + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Young Pyromancer
- Lightning Bolt + Searing Blood + Young Pyromancer
- Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest + Young Pyromancer
- Bident of Thassa + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Tymaret, the Murder King + Young Pyromancer
- Manamorphose + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Isochron Scepter
- Beck / Call + Young Pyromancer
- Quickling + Young Pyromancer + Snapcaster Mage
- Mutavault + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Kiln Fiend + Young Pyromancer
- Raise the Alarm + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Zealous Persecution
- Mizzium Skin + Young Pyromancer
- Time Walk + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Monastery Swiftspear + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Goblin Rabblemaster + Young Pyromancer
- Punishing Fire + Young Pyromancer
- Foundry Street Denizen + Young Pyromancer