Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.73||$2.34||$10.0||$38.62||0.07 TIX||0.75 TIX|
|Have (35)||saj0219 , almerican , RealShoppingCart , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , tooTimid , metljoe , Regigigas23 , rooroothepirate , Tanis44 , GoldGhost012 , RealityShock , Valentine35 , Luiscencias , Comicalflop , titaniumturtlex , DBCooper , Feyd-Rautha , clowe304433 , LordJello , Captain_MUD , DrLitebur , HalcyonMTG , balchj , jimykid86 , h4ck3rwc3 , Derpachus , myDownfall , DMR , Gameover209X , Skimm3r , Hootiequack , hash-brown , Metriod544 , JimmyDanger15 , Kamae555|
|Want (7)||TheAlexGnan , Spinalripper , Wolfninja , zachi , scare983 , Toasty_Wolf , CookieJedi|
Young Pyromancer Discussion
5 hours ago
Tappedout says Counterspell costs $6, but older editions are actually less than a dollar. Although the art for those editions isn't nearly as cool. :s
I like the scry on Temple of Epiphany], but I worry that Taplands may mess with the tempo a bit. Sulfur Falls would be perfect if it wasn't $8. I guess Temple of Epiphany is also a bit expensive... But man, they would be worth it for the extra flexibility and card advantage.
With Kiln Fiend, I'm trying to keep the number of monsters to an absolute minimum. Guttersnipe is the core of the deck, so I need four of him. Young Pyromancer is there as a defense against being overrun should I not be able to burn the opponent's creatures away. And Spellheart Chimera is there as a last resort if my instants and sorceries just aren't cutting it.
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to look into these a bit more after work. I feel like I also need to up the card draw capabilities of the deck to make sure I can use all of that unused mana I'll have once I get four or five lands down.
18 hours ago
But Grixis delver can run Taz and Thoughtseize just the same. And as good as Goyf is, Taz has virtually the same stats and should be fairly easy to cast now that you don't need to hold on to your graveyard for TC.
slovakattack: That list looks pretty good, yeah. But I just can't help but think splashing a color that has so few good instants/sorceries is detrimental to Delver. Sure, Abrupt Decay kicks all sorts of ass, but you're basically trading away Lightning Bolt, Electrolyze, Young Pyromancer, Monastery Swiftspear and Blood Moon (though to be fair, you don't want Blood Moon in Grixis delver either) for one card. It may be worth it, but I'd rather stay red.
1 day ago
Serum Visions -(expansive at the moment, will probably get cheaper)
And there is no reason why Young Pyromancer wouldn't be anything less than the best card in your deck.
1 day ago
1 day ago
Deck is starting to look alot nicer, I agree with sideboarding Young Pyromancer so you can keep Goblin Electromancer depending on the match-up you're facing. But I also agree with kameenook on that you need more than 16 land. I still strongly suggest Tamiyo, the Moon Sage so you can keep reusing your spells after you get her ultimate ability off, and she prevents you from dying to aggro decks with her +1 if you get her early enough. Just a thought to sideboard her along with Young Pyro. If you want a planeswalker to keep with the GMancer setup, might I suggest Chandra Nalaar or if you're feeling a little troll perhaps Ral Zarek for that ultimate ability.
2 days ago
Building the deck, have a great interest in making it more awesome. In trades and discussions with several individuals about the deck itself, and through my own study, I've found some cards that I would like to broach w/ you sir.
Desperate Ritual for mana?
Spells: Fireball, though the other x spells have more options, this one hits players harder. Traitorous Blood To steal their biggest creature and punch them w/ it... Unwilling Recruit (is this card legal in this format?) a steal their creature spell w/ a pump spell for extra damage. Red Elemental Blast in sideboard for blue stuff, any blue stuff. Skullcrack is awesome, you can cast it on an upkeep, but it loses targets for creatures. Faithless Looting w/ Sensei's Divining Top.
Curse of the Pierced Heart A guaranteed damage per upkeep, depends on when you find it... I guess, but worth a look.
Honestly, I know this is a bunch to read, but these are things I'd like to look at for my deck as well. I've spent the past 4-5 hours of my day researching items, I know I don't have them all, but I think this is worth looking at.
2 days ago
You should go up to 19-20 land, and play the full 4 Young Pyromancer.
2 days ago
Exchange Goblin Electromancer for Young Pyromancer so you dont die to being rushed down. Especially since all your instants are just 1 or 2 mana for burn. Also, might I suggest Hypersonic Dragon to make your sorceries into instants? If you want an alternate win-con, Curiosity + Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind is an infinite combo. I'd also suggest putting in Tamiyo, the Moon Sage so your instants aren't just used up when you play them, allowing you to reuse them for the Young Pyromancer. I have a deck that basically is what I just said if you wanna take a look at it. Not advertising, just giving you an idea of what I mean exactly. The card draw is nice, however Think Twice is a great card. And if you dont want to remove your Goblin Electromancers, Vapor Snag is a great anti-tempo card.
|Power / Toughness||2/1|
|Avg. draft pick||2.16|
|Avg. cube pick||2.41|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Isochron Scepter + Path to Exile + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Master of Waves + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Delver of Secrets + Young Pyromancer
- Flame Jab + Young Pyromancer
- Raven's Crime + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Young Pyromancer
- Beguiler of Wills + Switcheroo + Young Pyromancer
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Lava Axe + Young Pyromancer
- Lingering Souls + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Dragonshift + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Young Pyromancer
- Fencing Ace + Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Mountain + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Young Pyromancer
- Lightning Bolt + Searing Blood + Young Pyromancer
- Talrand, Sky Summoner + Young Pyromancer
- Hidden Strings + Young Pyromancer
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest + Young Pyromancer
- Bident of Thassa + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Tymaret, the Murder King + Young Pyromancer
- Manamorphose + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Isochron Scepter
- Beck / Call + Young Pyromancer
- Quickling + Young Pyromancer + Snapcaster Mage
- Mutavault + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Kiln Fiend + Young Pyromancer
- Raise the Alarm + Young Pyromancer
- Young Pyromancer + Zealous Persecution
- Mizzium Skin + Young Pyromancer
- Time Walk + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Monastery Swiftspear + Young Pyromancer
- Akroan Crusader + Goblin Rabblemaster + Young Pyromancer
- Punishing Fire + Young Pyromancer
- Foundry Street Denizen + Young Pyromancer
- Burning Vengeance + Young Pyromancer
- Molten Birth + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Collateral Damage + Molten Birth + Young Pyromancer
- Blasting Station + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Last-Ditch Effort + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Monastery Mentor + Young Pyromancer
- Soul's Attendant + Young Pyromancer
- Impact Tremors + Purphoros, God of the Forge + Young Pyromancer
- Cabal Therapy + Young Pyromancer
- Guttersnipe + Shrine of Burning Rage + Young Pyromancer
- Gitaxian Probe + Young Pyromancer
- Atarka's Command + Young Pyromancer
- Lingering Souls + Monastery Mentor + Young Pyromancer
- Hordeling Outburst + Young Pyromancer
- Dragon Fodder + Young Pyromancer
- Snapcaster Mage + Young Pyromancer
- Anger of the Gods + Soulfire Grand Master + Young Pyromancer
- Shrine of Burning Rage + Young Pyromancer