|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Greenwarden of Murasa
Creature — Elemental
When Greenwarden of Murasa enters the battlefield, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand. When Greenwarden of Murasa dies, you may exile it. If you do, return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||Lucretian , mcstang1986 , , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Skydra2 , Mousemke , DudeMan1031 , Swamy , mziter501 , jstn.mrrtt , Forkbeard , Esquire_ , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , Kimimaro , CAPT.Shock , Ellyreia , Nemesis , zachi , Regulus1010 , cryptoplasm , GoldGhost012 , CastleSiege|
Greenwarden of Murasa Discussion
5 days ago
Omnath is completely commander dependant, after all the goal of the deck is to combo off with him, so there is not much you can do, so you have to work around it. You need to protect him better and get a bit more recursion because Omnath at 7 CMC is expensive enough.
Against removals you can use Sylvan Safekeeper and Heroic Intervention and there is always Asceticism which is a bit more expensive both money and mana wise.
For recursion Seasons Past is one of my favorite cards lately, easilly you get five to seven cards out of it. Greenwarden of Murasa is another no brainer because of the tribal theme. Deadwood Treefolk works similarly, it sacrifices itself and you don't have to exile it, but only brings back creatures. Paleoloth is another creature I though about, the creature by itself is kinda bad, but with Omnath you can trigger it the same turn you cast it.
Some creatures are too big to be killed with damage or plainly indestructible, so I run stuff like Scour from Existence and Brittle Effigy. Spitebellows is a damage based removal but you can get a lotta triggers for just three mana.
You should cut Door of Destinies and Vanquisher's Banner, you only have 14 elemental spells (counting Omnath) so you won't be getting enough triggers out of them to make them worth their spot in the deck.
Animist's Awakening is just bad, keep in mind you will be getting about one land for every three mana you spend on the X (there are many other effects taking lands out of the deck). It would be good if were producing limitless mana, but if you already have infinite mana you don't really need so many lands, anyway it's a worse Genesis Wave. Better options are Traverse the Outlands and Boundless Realms or the Genesis Wave.
Stuff like Exploration and Wayward Swordtooth work amazingly in these decks, specially when you combine it with the Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix you already run and Ramunap Excavator if you were to include it (feels like a cheat with cards like Evolving Wilds).
3 weeks ago
I think this looks like a pretty good deck you play creature early and then put spore counters on them to make them bigger and hit for more damage. The only critique I have is either add more graveyard return or add more ways to stop board wipes, or a little of both.
Right now you have one graveyard returning spell in Eternal Witness but I think you would benefit from a few more like Deadbridge Chant, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Living Death, or Greenwarden of Murasa, my favorites for this deck would be Deadbridge Chant because it gives you fuel for your commander and it does return and even though it's at random I don't think it would be a problem if you addedone or two more graveyard return spells. Otherwise I would go with Meren of Clan Nel Toth because if your creatures die then you get even more value by putting them straight on the battlefield.
Other than those graveyard return spells I would think you could benefit from some anti-board wipe spells like Heroic Intervention because when your opponents board wipe it's mostly because they don't think they can deal with it so might as well get a fresh start, but with cards like Heroic Intervention will make it so that you still have a board state to attack with.
Well those are my thoughts so let me know what you think and I'd be happy to comment again
3 weeks ago
Trygon Predator Qasali Pridemage Ojutai's Command Greenwarden of Murasa Render Silent Sphinx's Revelation Return to Dust Ghostly Prison Propaganda Fact or Fiction Opportunity Beast Within Invisible Stalker Edric, Spymaster of Trest Prime Speaker Zegana True Conviction are all good things you could add
3 weeks ago
I think the deck is missing some ramp staple like Collective Voyage, Nature's Lore, Farseek, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Tempt with Discovery, and Boundless Realms as a finisher. I think you should increase your ramp package by at least 2 of those spells and as result the manabase should be incremented at 39 lands at least
Tireless Tracker is a super solid budget card draw as well as Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Greenwarden of Murasa its a big Eternal Witness that let you recast your ramp spells
Lotus Cobra it's a bit costly but a super good upgrade
Thunderfoot Baloth,Pathbreaker Ibex, Overwhelming Stampede, Liege of the Tangle are all cheap and good finishers!
The deck is also missing some tutoring like Eldritch Evolution (awesome card, still cheap for some reason) and Signal the Clans or if you increase a little bit the budget Green Sun's Zenith, Natural Order and Chord of Calling
1 month ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
1 month ago
Was wrestling with Eldrazi Displacer is worth a slot or not as well. It doesn't really fit the theme and not many ETB effects. Think cutting it would be the right call. Other slots I'm considering changing: Eternal Witness for Greenwarden of Murasa, Day of Judgment for Fumigate (as this deck takes a fair amount of early game damage), Rhonas the Indomitable for Gisela, Blade of Goldknight and Warped Landscape for Naya Panorama. Should I be concerned shifting that many 3 drops up the CMC scale?
1 month ago
The list isnt 100%, nor did I claim it to be, but the list provided in description isn't even really viable.lets go over cards you listed.
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth You dont actually cast this guy, he is in there for the shuffle effect (typically discarded though combo's)
Terastodon Agreed with this one. It was in here for the plays to plow up your own lands and/or blowing up problematic lands (not so much) will be cut
Greenwarden of Murasa double E-wit. once your going off, who cares about the cost of this guy, your drawing through your deck anyway, and can get back a combo piece if broken. Is cuttable.
Courser of Kruphix Bad, agreed
Avenger of Zendikar With as many land drops as the deck makes in any given turn, the tokens can get big and be sac'd through greater good or be fodder. Also works with craterhoof
Smokestack getting down early can just win games. deck plays through it easily.
Berserk Personal meta card. Cuttable
Natural Affinity Personal favorite card. Cuttable for mana rock.
Its a land deck at the end of the day, while typically I would agree 35 lands is too much, this deck can filter and eat through them quickly. It does need adjustments, dont get me wrong. I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, but if your going to provide decklists for people, at least make them a little viable in a slightly competitive setting. This is one of the more looked at Cedh lists, and providing a sub-par list for people to look at doesnt help players transition from casual to competitive.
1 month ago
"It hurts to see a "competitive" list that has so many do nothing cards."
*Posts list with Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Terastodon, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Greenwarden of Murasa, Courser of Kruphix, Avenger of Zendikar, Acidic Slime!!!, Smokestack, Berserk, Natural Affinity, Dark Depths, and 35 lands.
Really dude? REALLY? I agree the deck I made needs work, but you could at least try to know what you're talking about.