Destroy target artifact. It can't be regenerated. Create X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens, where X is that artifact's converted mana cost.
|Want (3)||jgw61692 , Jacko132 , spaceyjdjames|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Artifact Mutation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Artifact Mutation Discussion
1 week ago
Bring to Light may be pretty good, Fight to the Death , when revealed, serves to say "wanna make a big attack? ban plan." Flower / Flourish or Safewright Quest is good two-color mana fixing. Putrefy and Mortify are both pretty strong. Thrash / Threat is pretty all right creature removal if Niv is out. I am partial to Archon of Valor's Reach - I just like the card. Armadillo Cloak is def all right if Nivvy's your main wincon. Artifact Mutation and Aura Mutation are awesome, as is Hull Breach . I know one of my friends has a Kresh the Bloodbraided deck that would be utterly demolished by a Backlash . Bedevil is absurdly versatile removal. Blightning has a special place in my heart for taking any deck that doesn't know how to draw cards directly out of the game. Mostly a 60 cards, 20 life thing tho. Boros Charm can fizzle a removal spell, or it can make Niv into a really big meat stick. Burning-Tree Shaman and Cindervines are absolute murder for spellslinger decks. Casualties of War might help with those planeswalkers you seem to want to make disappear. Cauldron Haze is an... unconventional way to eat a removal spell. Clan Defiance is pretty all right, though it is an X spell that doesn't just kill a player directly. Countersquall is a good not- Negate , as is Dovin's Veto . Curse of Chains is a cool removal spell. Deathsprout is removal and ramp. A bit costly but Murder and Rampant Growth combined (minus one mana) is worth considering for casuals like me. Debtors' Knell can be a nice finisher.
Defiler of Souls is one of my favorite cards of all time. I just love playing colors and I like turning downsides into upsides.
Despark and Deputy of Detention (not to mention the D-Sphere itself) is pretty good removal. Destructive Revelry is pretty good removal as well. Dimir Doppelganger would fuck a reanimator deck six ways from Sunday. Divinity of Pride is a big, lifelinking threat. Djinn Illuminatus is sneakily very strong. Imagine duplicating all your removal spells as many times as you bother to pay for them. Domri's Ambush is even more good removal (this time creature removal). Dragonlair Spider is just quite good at making tokens. Dreadbore kills two relevant types. Dromoka's Command is sweet removal but not many of its other options are relevant. Dueling Grounds is Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist (or Mirri is Dueling grounds- whatever). Both are awesome pillow fort. Escape to the Wilds draws cards. The color-matters auras from Eventide and Shadowmoor are strong with Niv and also on-theme.
Fossil Find alluded to graveyard order... in a 2008 set... huh.
Identity Crisis just discards your opponent's... everything. Ionize is a pretty all right counterspell. Justice Strike , another pet card of mine, is just very a flavorful removal spell. Mindleech Mass is crazy cool. Mirari's Wake is a really conventionally strong card. Mistmeadow Witch is more expensive and more timely Soulherder (fizzles removal!). Mnemonic Betrayal is just a gem. Mystic Snake and Frilled Mystic are both counterspells. Necrogenesis makes tokens and screws up reanimation. Palliation Accord is pretty freaking pillow forty. Pillory of the Sleepless , Anguished Unmaking , and Vindicate are more solid Orzhov removal. Plasm Capture isn't great, I don't think, but it feels like a card that has some wild stories attached to it, don'tcha think? Rakdos's Return seems like another really fun spell. I want to make a RB casual Rack deck. Silumgar's Command is a good card. Thought Erasure is a perfectly suitable discard spell. Trygon Predator is good. Wheel of Sun and Moon ensures that every card in your deck is just a few Niv triggers away.
And BAM, I've looked through every two-color card in Magic. There we go. That's what stood out to me, but I find that many players are more competitive than I am and therefore have different definitions of what a good card is. Feel free to take some or none of my advice. All would likely prove disastrous for your deck- a lot of the cards I suggested were removal.
4 weeks ago
If you are messing around with the deck and including/removing some stuff then some removal pieces wouldn’t be bad to add in.
Artifact Mutation works well with your token theme and removes an artifact at instant speed.
Krosan Grip is a really good green removal card since it can mess with the stack a bit and can’t be interacted with.
Putrefy is good for versatile removal, but it does cost three
2 months ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
2 months ago
Neat deck! What do you think of these? Nature's Will , Tana, the Bloodsower , Rapacious One , Grumgully, the Generous , Champion of Lambholt , Thunderfoot Baloth , Pathbreaker Ibex , Fiendish Duo , Angrath's Marauders , Archetype of Endurance , Praetor's Counsel , Storm the Citadel , Tendershoot Dryad , Keeper of Fables , Artifact Mutation
2 months ago
2 months ago
Really I love that kind of strategies in EDH, and I liked the deck inmediatly when i saw it! +1!
I think that Hungry Lynx (appart of being adorable) is a very efficient card to give tokens to the opponents: It's very cheap and also pumps with +1/+1 counters himself and Marisi, that can be useful to avoid some removal like Mizzium Mortars , or simply to destroy our opponents face.
Seeing that you have Concordant Crossroads and Mass Hysteria in the maybeboard, I think that another card to considerate is Urabrask the Hidden , because it gives haste to your things, and also actues like Imposing Sovereign , the only problem that you can have with it is the cmc of 5.
Hero of Oxid Ridge can be an useful evasion card, because a great part of the tokens that you give to your opponents have power 1.
I hope that this helps the stutterer Marisi!
3 months ago
Interesting theme! Strionic Resonator could be neat here. Use it with your general to make lots of manas, or use it to double triggered effects from your dragons (2 Balefire breaths? Don't mind if I do!). You might like these too: Woodland Bellower , Repercussion , Hunter's Insight , Hunter's Prowess , Return of the Wildspeaker , Knollspine Dragon , Cauldron of Souls , Colfenor's Urn , Stalking Vengeance , Warstorm Surge , Ezuri's Predation , Artifact Mutation , Temur Sabertooth , Wirewood Lodge
3 months ago
I will certainly keep those in mind.
last night got to test this version about 7 times and surprisingly came away with 4 wins. 2 of them were hitting Murderous Redcap with henge out to draw my deck...play a sac outlet...then after the cleanup discard resolved I won on the next upkeep with infinite damage.
the other surprise all star was Nesting Dragon with either recursion outlets running. swarming opponents with optional firebreathing dorks with little to no real investment is amazing.
I tend to not tutor for combo based wins, so likely gonna stick with the 3 enablers for now since they are all really effective even without the combo.
tweaks: Berserk , Sylvan Library , Cream of the Crop , Plaguecrafter (and possibly Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner )and Artifact Mutation are on the top of my mind to add for a smoother curve. Dictate of Erebos seems far more at home than I previously believed. the deck was far more interactive than I expected for an alpha.