|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wandering Fumarole enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.
: Until end of turn, Wandering Fumarole becomes a 1/4 blue and red Elemental creature with ": Switch this creature's power and toughness until end of turn." It's still a land.
Wandering Fumarole Discussion
3 weeks ago
Why not run a Wandering Fumarole in the list? Seems like a good way to win after Teferi Ulting and wiping away your opponent’s board
1 month ago
the__odysseus Thanks for the ideas! Definity trying out Fabled Passage when the meta slows down. Right no you need to be react early and often since lots of people are playing aggressive decks or decks where you need to have mana open early e.g Mono-Red and Felidar combo. When the meta becomes slower I could definitely see running some fabled passage. I completely forgot about Wandering Fumarole probably going to add a few. Don't know what to cut, maybe the Spirebluff Canal ?
I haven't had a problem with an overtaxed graveyard or Oko. Dig Through Time can get the deck out of tight spots as it can find specific cards were raw card advantage doesn't really work as well. I haven't really had a clash with Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip either since dig is mostly being resolved late anyways after he has flipped. I haven't really come to a spot were Oko, Thief of Crowns also hasn't been a problem. 6 planeswalker kill spells in the 75 with Bedevil and Vraska's Contempt + Thoughtseize + late game Drown in the Loch can counter it. When I'm playing against an oko deck I'm significantly mulfore worried about Wicked Wolf than Oko 90% of the time.
I decide not to play Anger of the Gods since it was too much on the mana. Double red by turn 3 is really hard since red is only really a splash for Kolaghan's Command , Bedevil and Fiery Impulse . All of which need only one symbol and I only have 10 red in the mana base right now and it has significantly better than I thought it was going to be. I'm only playing the Hour of Devastation in its good against Eldrazi and late-game double red isn't so bad. If dredge gets a new card printed or Rally decks come back could probably add it.
I mainly just added Goblin Rabblemaster to kill Mono-Green Devo and Cat quickly but since they go banned or significantly nerfed at this point I could see adding Bolas or Liliana, Chandra seems a bit too expensive mana wise against control as a grind piece. Will probably test out those walkers with stuff like Search for Azcanta Flip
1 month ago
Also 4 Fabled Passage to trigger Revolt. Would you consider dropping a Dig Through Time for an Into the Story ? Your graveyard is quite taxed with all your delve spells for a deck with Literal Actual Baby Jace Flip and Torrential Gearhulk . Also, I would go up another wrath, perhaps with an Anger of the Gods . This deck definitely seems like it has a problem beating Oko. Maybe a Noxious Grasp or two in the sideboard? How do you feel about Wandering Fumarole
3 months ago
4 months ago
I'll echo what the other commenter said about Geier Reach Sanitarium it simply isn't a good enough of a combo with Narset, Parter of Veils . You're only going to be activating it late game when your opponent is topdecking and if your a control deck with an unpressured Narset, Parter of Veils on board with a topdecking opponent your winning 99% of the time.
You also have no Opt or Serum Visions to smooth out your draws. Without Narset all of your wheel effects are going to be extremely bad in any sort of competitive modern environment as your spending 3+ mana to not affect the board at all. I would cut the Cryptic Command and the Mana Leak to add some Opt and Serum Visions since right now your split between tap-out and countermagic control which means your deck is going to be less efficient. I would personally go with a tap-out style deck as you currently have a bunch of sorcery speed creatures and planeswalkers and you need board wipes like Languish and Anger of the Gods to catch up against aggressive decks.
Also a couple of small one-off changes assuming you have the budget
- Wandering Fumarole is 90% of the time worse than Creeping Tar Pit
- Cyclonic Rift isn't playable in modern like it is in commander, by the 10+ turn mark were you going to have the mana to cast Cyclonic Rift it isn't going to affect the game that much, you are either going to be dead or you are going to win the game or it doesn't do anything.
- With only two fetchlands your never going to be able to cast Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God on curve especially with 3+ colourless lands.
5 months ago
Please link all cards in your question using double brackets.
Depending on the wording of the other thing animating the land it could either revert to it's previous P/T or revert to an inanimate land. If it was a man-land like Wandering Fumarole animated by it's own ability it will revert to being a land because both effects will have ended. If it is a spell or ability like Awaken ( Planar Outburst ) or Nissa, Worldwaker that doesn't have an end it will revert to the animated land. The Sylvan Awakening will overwrite the stats of older effects but will not remove them.
5 months ago
The mill from Thought Scour doesn't enable anything atm so Peek could be a decent replacement. You probably aren't going to overload Cyclonic Rift so Echoing Truth , Blink of an Eye , Perilous Voyage etc could be good here. Some amount of Ionize and Spell Pierce could be useful and Shivan Reef and Wandering Fumarole are probably the cheapest dual lands you could play.
6 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
Wandering Fumarole occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
UR (Izzet): 0.54%