Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Target player draws three cards.
Ancestral Recall Discussion
1 day ago
Just for reference, this is the entire ban list for oathbreaker.
Ad Nauseam , Ancestral Recall , Balance , Biorhythm , Black Lotus , Channel , Doomsday , Emrakul, the Aeons Torn , Expropriate , Fastbond , Gifts Ungiven , Griselbrand , High Tide , Library of Alexandria , Limited Resources , Lion's Eye Diamond , Mana Crypt , Mana Geyser , Mana Vault , Mox Emerald , Mox Jet , Mox Pearl , Mox Ruby , Mox Sapphire , Natural Order , Painter's Servant , Panoptic Mirror , Primal Surge , Primeval Titan , Recurring Nightmare , Saheeli, the Gifted , Sol Ring , Sundering Titan , Sway of the Stars , Sylvan Primordial , Time Vault , Time Walk , Tinker , Tolarian Academy , Tooth and Nail , Trade Secrets , Upheaval , Worldfire , and Yawgmoth's Bargain .
2 days ago
Whenever mana is added to your mana pool from a nonland source, it deals 1 damage to you.
: Add .
6 days ago
Cards I run in affinity that could help you here:
Master of Etherium : would be a 5/5 then get the +whatever/+whatever, plus pump your team
Karn, Scion of Urza : Can either be card draw or create tokens that when enchanted become at least 6/6's
Springleaf Drum : Especially w/ Memnite , can make insane starts by going Ornithopter , Ornithopter , Memnite , land, Springleaf Drum Springleaf Drum , Signal Pest . Just allows for more explosive nut draws.
Memnite : See above.
Cranial Plating : Easy to make your stuff huge quick.
Inventors' Fair : Keep your life high and be able to tutor for specific artifacts
Blinkmoth Nexus : Another artifact land
Cards you should consider cutting:
Tezzeret the Schemer : Inefficient removal, and the ult will never happen.
This is just my 2 cents, I hope you take these into considerati
1 month ago
1 month ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
2 months ago
I'm with SynergyBuild on this one. Demonic Attorney speaks to me on a personal level, and Contract from Below is the single best draw card ever printed (take that Ancestral Recall !). I completely understand why they were removed from the game--after all, there's lots of places where playing for ante would be illegal--but that does not mean they are not fun.
I've thought of putting together a cube with lots of Ante cards, so you're constantly getting new cards to add to your draft pool/loosing cards from your pool, requiring you to use the junk you picked up. I have not had time to give the project the attention it deserves though, so it's sitting on the back burner.
I've also said it before, and I'll say it again--any card with banding. It's a really neat ability, but just doesn't have the support necessary to make it shine. I'd love a banding-based Commander precon, but doubt that will ever happen.
3 months ago
3 months ago
either that or it becomes a more powerful version of Ancestral Recall with some delay... not bad?
No data for this card yet.