Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a charge counter on Primal Amulet. Then if there are four or more charge counters on it, you may remove those counters and transform it.
|Want (5)||Poppins , Frostmourne657 , MapleSyrup132 , jacksonbenete , RioluRiot|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Primal Amulet occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
UR (Izzet): 0.63%
Primal Amulet Discussion
2 weeks ago
DeinoStinkus: Tempt with Discovery is a good suggestion but from experience my usual play group never takes the offer. That being said, Minds Aglow does work well in this deck, however I have to do more testing to see if Prosperity is better because of interactions with Primal Amulet Flip
1 month ago
Hier ist eine kurze Liste mit Karten welche du denke ich gut passen würden:
Extra Turn: Nexus of Fate
Regain: Mystic Retrieval
2 months ago
Thoughts on taking out a Primal Amulet Flip in a Zaxara deck for Bounty of the Luxa or for an Insight? The deck has 32 instants/sorceries but by the time primal could come on line, I'd rather have been drawing cards.
Side note, when I went hunting for my one copy of Bounty of the Luxa, I found it not with all my other rares but in a random deck box where, for some inexplicable reason, I kept 2 Hydroid Krasis and a couple Risk Factor's. Fodder for the trade binder.
2 months ago
Alright, first of all you are not allowed to play this deck this way. The way i see it, you are playing two flip lands without playing their flip side. Thats not the way they work. i suggest you to google the rulings here.
Some cuts: Primal Amulet Flip (You are only running 9 instants and sorceries), Heartless Pillage, because discarding is not the best strategy in EDH and seems to be a little bit out of the focus of this deck, same goes for Raiders' Wake, Sanguine Sacrament and instead Heliod's Intervention.
Add some single target removal (you are in Orzov, which has the best cards of this category, e.g. Swords to Plowshares, Anguished Unmaking, more ramp like Sol Ring (e.g. Talisman of Hierarchy) and play around 36 lands.
2 months ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
2 months ago
@eisgnom09: I am in the process of upgrading the deck and the scepter will be going in. But Dramatic Reversal does not need the scepter to be good in this deck. Often times you will have 5+ mana rocks which will net you extra mana to keep on digging. I used to run Thousand-Year Storm and Primal Amulet Flip too, and often won the game with a flashback of Devil's Play with huge amounts of mana from Dramatic Reversal copied a bunch of times.
3 months ago
Nitpicking - IN! (41 cards) Goblin Electromancer God-Eternal Kefnet Guttersnipe Niv-Mizzet, Parun Wavebreak Hippocamp Ral, Storm Conduit Ancient Grudge Arcane Denial Commit / Memory Conqueror's Galleon Flip Cultivator's Caravan Electrodominance Expansion / Explosion Expedite Fact or Fiction Fire / Ice Foil Fury Storm Impulse Krosan Grip Mizzix's Mastery Mystic Confluence Nature's Claim Peek Primal Amulet Flip Radical Idea Rapid Hybridization Snap Springleaf Drum Stubborn Denial Thaumatic Compass Flip Thousand-Year Storm Game Trail Holdout Settlement Mountain Valley Reliquary Tower Rogue's Passage Sheltered Thicket Survivors' Encampment Temple of Abandon Temple of Mystery