|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Vasbear1 , angesoir , burnedbread , Big-Foot , 7vennum7 , No1HanSolo , philktoken8998 , MattN7498 , Hakira , _raeofsunlight , saj0219 , silvereh , , dizzierabit , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (3)||capriom85 , vashaclarens , yungxak|
Primal Amulet Discussion
19 hours ago
Nice idea you have forming but I would cut Raiders' Wake for copies of primal amulet . I know you don't need to get the raid trigger for wake to be useful, but it is overall slow and has no immediate impact on the game when played. While Amulet falls into a similar category of no immediate impact; it does make it so your Torment of Hailfire becomes lethal almost as soon as you can cast it from the flip in a lot of cases. The Amulets reduction to costs is also very helpful in most ways for your deck.
I would also suggest removing a few of the bounce cards to allow for some more counter magic: Disallow. This way you can have a more permanent solution to threats being cast and can stop someone from using Field of Ruin on your flipped Amulet.
2 days ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
3 days ago
4 days ago
@tridentseven693 I've just realized this deck has nothing vs gpg maybe some Crook of Condemnation, The Locust God might not be a bad idea Search for Azcanta Flip will help you go through your deck. Sorcerous Spyglass for approach decks. Maybe a Primal Amulet Flip idk. Nissa, Vital Force might not be bad but I think Nissa, Steward of Elements is better. I'll definately be playing around with this. +1 upvote, and featured on the site. Keep up the good work!
6 days ago
second the motion on Primal Amulet. Would make your late game more game ending.
1 week ago
Definitely don't need 40 lands. If you want to still play safe, you can drop to 38. if you want to be a little risky, I think it can work with 35. A lot of good cards, but just because they are good doesn't mean they belong. Avatar of Woe, Trophy Mage doesn't fit to the whole theme. Myr Retriever, Heartless Summoning don't seem needed. Yes, you are milling yourself too, but none of your artifacts are necessary for they deck to function. Your curve is low too, so there isn't a big need for ramp more than the staple rocks. Then, you need to think about lifespan. Creatures die most, then artifacts, enchantments, lands. Next, How are you going to go about playing the deck. It doesn't seem like you will be attacking a lot, if at all. Raiders' Wake fits, but you already have a lot of cards that do the same thing and then some. you wont be triggering Raid a lot if it all.
Compare the CMC to the effect to figure out what else you'd want to take out.
Back to mana... oh boy. Opal Palace is really only good in Voltron with few exceptions. Path of Ancestry works best in tribal, it's pretty much Crumbling Necropolis in here. I think you can live without Exotic Orchard. I didn't see any theft cards in here that require you pay for the card. Mystifying Maze is a worse version on Maze of Ith especially if used on a card with an ETB. You have way to many lands that come in tapped. This deck can be fast, but tapped lands slow you down a lot more than you realize. They aren't worth it unless they have a crazy effect.
Academy Ruins does what Myr Retriever does. Drownyard Temple comes back from the grave. Mikokoro, Center of the Sea more card draw. Mirrorpool might be nice. Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is a staple combo. Thespian's Stage and Vesuva copy lands; something to keep in mind. Throne of the High City might work if you keep yourself protected. Reflecting Pool is too good not to have
You'll need to find a balance of single card discard and mass discard. Too much mass discard will wiff, but too much single card discard will be too slow.
2 weeks ago
Grixis AND Primal Amulet Flip?! This is definitely a deck I'm rooting for, and I wish you the best of luck with it. That said, one thing that jumps out at me is the low amount of instant speed spot removal; you might want to find some room for some Abrades in case they're running Heart of Kiran or Aethersphere Harvester as you currently don't have a reliable way to deal with them before they run away with the game.
Sadly, I think you're right about the manabase. You probably want more than 23 lands when your deck's this top-heavy, and running Cinder Barrens, Highland Lake and Submerged Boneyard is obviously not ideal (I understand this is probably a budget/availability thing, though). It also needs to be pointed out that you only have 4 lands total that let Drowned Catacomb and Dragonskull Summit enter untapped; at that point they might as well not have that ability. Lastly, you aren't running any basics at all: if you use Field of Ruin's ability, you will be putting your opponent up one land on you. Combined with the fact you've only got 23 lands yourself, this makes it extremely risky to use if they manage to flip a Legion's Landing Flip or something early, as you may end up locking yourself out of the game.
Keep us posted with how this goes!