|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Glacial Fortress enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Plains or an Island.
: Add or to your mana pool.
|Have (5)||Forkbeard , CampbellStev , metalmagic , , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (9)||Nomad96 , thatgolgariguy , lainel , BlackShads , pje , scotteiro , MTG_Optometry , SpetznazM16 , Ellana|
Glacial Fortress Discussion
Boomcat12B on daxos
1 week ago
Cards to add-
Sea of Clouds You want to add glacial fortress for sure. It is a cheap check land that can come in untapped, and you want Rogue's passage to let you swing freely if your equip pieces are getting destroyed. I would run 36 lands in this deck and Sea of clouds can replace the bounce land if you want to go that route since it is a bit more expensive money wise.
Mystic Remora This will give you better card draw (in addition to what you already have. The more card draw you can have the better. This should give you around 10 pieces of card draw. Some of the card draw is situational so it will come to playing the deck and seeing if you need to add a bit more dedicated pieces.
Cards to suit up with-
Eldrazi Conscription - One of the best enchantments you can have for voltron
Sword of the Animist - Will help out with ramp...Add no matter what. This card is stupid good
Sun Titan - Allows you to get Equipment and artifacts back from the GY and you are running enough cards to make it worth running him.
Silent Arbiter - Perfect for your decks strategy, and will help with crack back
Umbra Mystic - Allows you to sacrifice your Auras instead of Daxos should he be killed.
Battlewise Hoplite - Gives you another creature to suit up if Daxos is taken out of commission or costs too much.
Augury Adept - Card draw and lifegain is worth it, plus it gives you another option for a creature to suit up
Removal- You are actually not to bad off in interaction. Your sitting at around 10 I think, but you do not have any boardwipes and that cna be a problem. However with your counterspell suit and single target removal it might play out alright. It will really be a matter of playtesting and seeing where you want to take the deck.Here are some ideas to add for board wipes (I would add one of these since there is one more slot to fill for the cards I suggested taking out. The rest can be ideas should you need to add board wipes)
Cyclonic Rift - This one is not cheap but I would definitely include it if you are willing to spend the money. I would add it over any of the other cards mentioned in this section.
Just a few ideas for cards to pull-
Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer - It just is not doing anything for you
Tamiyo's Epiphany - It costs too much for what it does
Curse of the Swine - just run a board wipe instead.
Angelic Edict - Costs too much for what it does
Dauntless Onslaught - This deck wants cards to suit up Daxos not combat tricks
Moment of Heroism - Same as above
Silence - A good card but your not looking to combo off so it is a slot you can use to further your game plan
Tragic Lesson - Better options for card draw
Corridor Monitor - Does not really provide much synergy for what you want to do All the bestow creatures- They just cost too much to use bestow and you have better options
Mesa Enchantress - A really good card, but Running 14 enchantments won't proc her enough to give you the value you want
Curse of the Forsaken - Does not really help all that much
Mystic Barrier - It does not really further your game plan
Unknown Shores - It isn't bad but being two colors you don't need to worry about color fixing that much.
Azorius Guildgate - Tapped lands can always be replaced
Alright so looking over the list these are the cards I would take out and the cards I would replace them with. I basically removed cards that did not provide a strong synergy, or cards that could be replaced with more efficient cards. The 2 biggest areas I focused on were Ramp and card draw since you were light in both areas. Simply by adding those 2 packages the deck will start to run better and more consistently which will lead to better games for you overall. I also suggested some lands so you can replace the tapped lands, as well as give you more utility to get dmg in with Daxos. Upping your land count by one should also help your land draw ratio as well. Next I suggested 2 more pieces of voltron that are just too good not to add. I pulled a lot of creatures that you were running because they did not provide synergy or they were just to costly. I replaced them with creatures that provide synergy and value for your deck, and also gives you a few more options in case Daxos gets shut down. Always need a back up plan. Finally Add in at least a board wipe. you really want three and I would personally replace 2 of your weaker counter spells (I left in most of your counter suite)with board wipe pieces. I gave you a few ideas as to cards you could run for board wipes. If you do decide to remove 2 counters to replace with w wrath I would suggest Stymied Hopes and Annul
I kept the upgrades to around $30-$40 dollars (I think I was not adding them up) but they should not more than $50 or so since I know you don't want to spend a shit ton on your decks. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions on choices or reasoning.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
there're wayyy to many tap lands. I get that it is probably for budget considerations, but play some buddy lands like Glacial Fortress and such. Also, I feel any deck with red should run at least 2 Abrade . Good luck!
1 month ago
- 1x Pacifism
- 1x Trophy Mage
- 1x Battle Mastery
- 1x Authority of the Consuls
- 1x Island
- 1x Terramorphic Expanse
1 month ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
1 month ago
The biggest improvement you can make to this deck is adding some better lands. Ideally, you want to include lands that can enter the battlefield untapped and provide either colour you might need. Here are some good, budget-friendly options:
- Port Town , provided you have a decent number of Plains and Islands. This card's usefulness diminishes some as the game drags on.
- Glacial Fortress . This card's usefulness increases as the game drags on.
- Nimbus Maze is a bit better, though it still requires typed lands. This, at least, can enter untapped and be used for colourless in a pinch.
- Hallowed Fountain is not quite a budget card, but, of all the lands on this list, it's the one most worth having. Shock lands are among the best in the game, and these will still be useful as you move on to less budget-friendly builds.
- Adarkar Wastes is a solid option, allowing you to generate colourless for free, and whatever colour you need for a relatively insignificant cost.
You have a couple cards where you are running 5 copies of them.
You might want to add more interaction in the form of removal and counterspells.
1 month ago
Hey, good start for a budget deck, nice Necropotence :)
Improvements to consider making are adding more Dimir dual lands that can ETB untapped or have interaction with basic lands. More ramp to be able to play Zur faster and adding cards that have good interaction with Necropotence .
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Diplomatic Immunity
- Empyrial Armor
- Mystic Remora
- Steel of the Godhead
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Arcane Sanctum
- Fellwar Stone
- Talisman of Dominance
- Sunken Hollow
- Prairie Stream
- Isolated Chapel
- Glacial Fortress
- Drowned Catacomb
- Hall of Heliod's Generosity
For Voltron Zur you can with Zur assemble the Necropotence and Empyrial Armor combo. Diplomatic Immunity is good protection for Zur and you can still enchant Zur when you cheat an enchantment into play. Mystic Remora is one of the best enchantments in Commander, it can be a repeatable source of card draw. Zur is blue and white meaning Steel of the Godhead gives him +2/+2 lifelink and unblockable.
Command Tower and Exotic Orchard are Dimir dual lands that ETB untapped. The Check lands (Catacomb, Chapel and Fortress) have rotated out of Standard meaning these lands are the cheapest price they have been in two years. Getting one of each of them now starting with these three and then the other seven is a good investment for Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Azorius Guildgate
- Dimir Guildgate
- Dismal Backwater
- Meandering River
- Submerged Boneyard
- Tranquil Cove
- Transguild Promenade
- Rupture Spire
- Gateway Plaza
- Horribly Awry
- Polymorphist's Jest
- Make a Stand
- Essence Scatter
- Norn's Annex
- Unquestioned Authority
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
SideBae I agree with you regarding the signets. With land, everything is quite simple:
Glacial Fortress occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.9%
All decks: 0.27%
WU (Azorius): 22.83%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%
WU (Azorius): 2.9%
WUB (Esper): 1.1%
GWU (Bant): 1.68%