|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|FNM Promos (FNM)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target creature or enchantment.
|Have (6)||sonnet666 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Regulus1010 , , Thunderbeard , Taki117|
|Want (8)||Psycorax , brokendwarf , the7thDOF , Cymeru , klafooti , SkullDJ , cedric0606 , ArmandCombrink|
3 hours ago
The thing i'm noticing first is a pretty big lack of removal. I'd consider replacing Kaya's Wrath with Fumigate , as it is a bit easier to cast and will gain you some more life. For single targets, Mortify is often much better than Final Payment , and Hero's Downfall is always a good choice. Revel in Riches is cute, but even in a casual deck I don't think you will be doing much with it. For fun effects, I'd recommend Mausoleum Guard or Maalfeld Twins . Sifter of Skulls fits into this perfectly, and I'd consider using that to replace Shadows of the Past .
13 hours ago
Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage seems like a perfect fit for this deck. I will try him out for sure.
I did some research on my commander in EDHREC. Thanks for the tip with the Hub. Atm i am not sure about Thought Erasure even if it is kinda a pet card for me, Arena Rector underperfomed heavily; Mortify is not flexible enough for my taste looking for alternatives. Aminatou's Augury and Narset, Enlightened Master performed exceptionally. Still not sure about the Mana.
Maybe including some good staxx cards, but i do not know which would be the best.Maybe Winter Orb
3 days ago
As a general rule you need around 50 mana sources in a deck in the form of lands, ramp, mana rocks or Llanowar Elves type dorks. Since I counted 38 total in your deck, I'm worried about mana screw same as Nesmer2. I have an artifact deck with 33 lands but that one runs 10+ low-costed mana rocks which are missing here. Granted there are decks with even lower lands but those are cEDH yolo lists that aim to T1/2/3 win with combos and also run stuff like Mana Crypt , Mana Vault etc.
The PW deck Dovin is somewhat OK but very overcosted. Personally I don't like Sunbond , Cradle of Vitality and Disenchant . For the last one I prefer Return to Dust , but you can run stuff like Vindicate , Anguished Unmaking or Utter End (those can upgrade the Mortify too).
Since you are running quite a few creatures Whip of Erebos would be nice synergy with lifegain and it also offers some form of reccursion, albeit one-time use.
Hope these suggestings are useful to you, mate. Cheers!
1 week ago
Hey ! I've been playing mono-red for some month now and here are my thoughs :
- Deck is looking nice right now, if you want to go at an fnm and get some wins, this deck can do it. Casually, it seems pretty strong tho.
- I like Frenzy in the mainboard more than Risk Factor because it can solo win / steal game one. Thrashing Brontodon , Mortify , Vivien Reid etc are all a pretty hard counter play but Frenzy is still worth it. Game two you switch it out for Risk Factor while your opponent get some enchantment removal into it's mainboard. I played many games against esper control/jund midrange but not that many against sultai and I think it is the best solution I found.
- I splitted my drop 3 as 2 Chainyboi and 2 Legion Warboss ( the remaining copies of them are in sideboard ). The Warboss did so much work against any kind of control/late ( dimir, esper ) deck that doesn't instantly remove him while Chainyboi is "just" a 3/3. Not switching to 4 Warboss because Chainyboi is still dumb strong against mono white and any creature deck ( and it proc spectacle as etb ).
- I removed Runaway Steam-Kin from the deck. It is way too greedy and not that strong in the end. It is strong, but a turn two 1/1 that will prolly die before your next turn ( Cast Down , Moment of Craving , everything ) is meh.
- I don't know about Fanatical Firebrand . I find it really weak but the deck needs some turn 1. I removed it from mine but I can't say it's 100% the right thing.
I hope it will help you and if you have anything to say about this, I will be glad to discuss ! Enjoy mono red !
1 week ago
As for cheap ramp, check out Oath of Lieges .
1 week ago
DuTogira: "won't be reprinting any cards that are already modern legal" --- Does this mean we can speculate on EDH-exclusive cards possibly seeing a Modern print? Similar to how Mortify was printed in Standard, giving us a now a Modern version of it since the other copies were Commander sets and non-Standard expansions, such as Explorers of Ixalan and Dual Decks?
If so, that'd be really sweet.
2 weeks ago
I want to recommend a strategy my friend employs for abzan midrange. He uses the explore package with Merfolk Branchwalker , Jadelight Ranger , Seekers' Squire , and Wildgrowth Walker . He has some more value creatures in the deck like Knight of Autumn , Izoni, Thousand-Eyed , Trostani Discordant , Llanowar Elves and Militia Bugler which is very good in that it picks up any creature in the deck. He has some Cast Down s and Mortify as well as Find / Finality .
In the sideboard he has some more grindy cards like planeswalkers including Vivien Reid , Vraska, Golgari Queen , Karn, Scion of Urza . He has alternative removal in Assassin's Trophy and Ixalan's Binding For control he has some Duress , Arguel's Blood Fast Flip and Unbreakable Formation .
2 weeks ago
The Dark Bargains are there for the deck to have more consistency and more copies of cards like Consecrate / Consume or The Eldest Reborn would be my answer to chromium since esper will have things like Mortify to remove the procession before choosing to deploy the chromium and counterspells will always be a worry with your answers. I didn't include procession because it didn't feel necessary.
Deck this week went 3-1 beating mono blue 2-0, temur drakes 2-0, mono white 2-1 and losing to mono blue 0-2. Saturday it went 2-1 beating abzan midrange, losing to Dimir surveil 0-2 and beating Naya Hero 2-1.
Mortify occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
W/B (Orzhov): 1.15%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.64%
RBW (Mardu): 0.98%
All decks: 0.73%