|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Misty Rainforest: Search your library for a Forest or Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||Legendary_Leviathan , Poptartz95 , switchkill65|
|Want (28)||BlueMageBrandon , DHermos , Dadaman11 , Skulldrey , bigc137 , HyperJujibiter , metalmagic , AlertKnave8075 , TheAnnihilator , PTsmitty , , buildingadeck , RIft6 , Paradise_Collectibles , theMarc , rockleemyhero , robbnoble , KB2187 , Zomgasa , Sparky41 , Spinalripper , philktoken8998 , the.beanpole , mcstang1986 , CampbellStev , TheRealPeaches , , MoJoMiXuP|
Misty Rainforest Discussion
3 days ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
3 days ago
You have a lot of artifact/enchantment hate. While it's not bad to have, for the most part it's not needed maindeck as many popular modern decks don't run any artifacts or enchantments. If you did want to run any in the maindeck, instead of things like Fade into Antiquity, you can use cards like Qasali Pridemage as it can be relevant and can be cast if your opponent doesn't have anything that you can blow up with it.
Nullify is a decent card but double blue might be hard with your current mana base. Remand or Mana Leak would probably be more castable. If you had a fetch/shock mana base (more on that in a sec) you could get away with double blue or maybe even Cryptic Command.
As for your mana base it can get pricey but arguably the best way for 3 color decks is to use a fetch shock mana base. The shock lands for you are Temple Garden, Breeding Pool, and Hallowed Fountain. As they have basic land types, they can be tutored for with Misty Rainforest, Flooded Strand, or Windswept Heath. The beuty of this is a windswept heath can find any of the 3 shocks or a basic land to allow it to get any color of mana that you need, untapped if necessary. You would want to keep some basics in there too though.
6 days ago
This might seem like a silly question, but since you only have basic lands with the Forest and Swamp suptypes, why are you running fetchlands like Misty Rainforest? You don't have any Landfall or land synergies in the deck (not even Delirium), so what's the reason for running fetchlands that can only fetch you a single kind of Basic anyway? Why not just replace them with more forests/swamps?
Obviously, Verdant Catacombs is exempt from this critique, as it serves as a mana fixer.
2 weeks ago
This is pretty close to what you already have, I would just cut a few of the basics for nonbasic pain lands and check lands in your primary colors.
1x of each basic
3 weeks ago
Arid Mesa (foil)
Path to Exile (foil)
and some jank
3 weeks ago
if you want, you can look at my deck Sliver Lords EDH
basically, you probably would want Sliver Hivelord as your commander.
in your dual lands you're missing your nice lands, such as Tropical Island, Bayou, Taiga, etc. also, the fetches and shocks, Flooded Strand, Polluted Delta, Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills, and Windswept Heath, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Scalding Tarn, Marsh Flats, and Arid Mesa. Your shocks are Blood Crypt, Breeding Pool Godless Shrine Hallowed Fountain Overgrown Tomb Sacred Foundry Steam Vents Stomping grounds Temple Garden Watery Grave.
lol you forgot Sliver Hive
3 weeks ago
I have a NM Misty Rainforest and a NM Cavern of Souls that I am looking to swap for the MM3 editions of the cards. The reason being that I like the newer borders better and I would prefer that cards in my EDH deck matched.
If your interested I can post pics.
3 weeks ago
Is there a particular reason you went RG for this instead of the traditional U Stiflenought route?
Stifle is just as effective at landing a turn 2 Phrexian Dreadnought as anything else, and it also has the side benefit of ruining a large number of triggered and activated abilities (the latter being extremely important- an opponent's ability to answer your Dreadnought is dependent upon mana. If you Stifle their Misty Rainforest, they may not be able to obtain the GB needed to Abrupt Decay your Dreadnought).
Dreadnought is a hard to protect card, and U offers the capacity to protect him more adequately by utilizing Spell Pierce, Force of Will, Misdirection, Flusterstorm, and more. Black discard, such as Thoughtseize and Duress aren't bad at proactively protecting your win condition either. I just don't see what red nor green bring to the table, aside from acceleration to get out Torpor Orb (which, Ancient Tomb does better at this than anything the deck is currently running). Burning Tree adds no consistency to the Dreadnought win if that is the overall plan, while Ghor-Clan Rampager is the definition of win-more since, yeah, it can give a Dreadnought +4/+4 and haste, but that still won't kill an opponent and will require another Dreadnought swing... meaning why do it in the first place?
This deck toes the line between Zoo and Stiflenought but does neither strategy justice. Zoo-style decks need their mana denial and cheap, efficient removal in order to get through the swaths of larger creatures in Legacy (A Tarmogoyf eats every single creature in this deck that isn't Dreadnought except Vexing Devil, and in order to take one out, you need to 2 for 1 yourself in order to take one out and get your dudes through. That's not good, obviously). Stiflenought needs to get out its giant beater that wins in two turns and protect it so it can win, and obviously running no protection means it's just going to get exiled or destroyed by an opponent while they block your tiny beaters with no problem. I do not see what combining these two strategies really does for the deck archetypes as a whole: Rather than matchups against Miracles, Nic Fit, Storm, Elves, etc., improving, they actually seem to have gotten much worse across the board.
As a Legacy deck, this would have a hard time beating Grixis Delver through its counters and mana denial (Wasteland, Rishadan Port, etc.), it would have a hard time being combo no matter if its Storm, OmniTell, Painter or something worse, and I can't possibly see it winning versus Miracles or any other control deck. Gurmag Anglers just can't be won against if, say, a Grixis Delver dropped on versus this deck, and it'd be hard to resolve a Dreadnought given they run Forces, Dazes, and the like.
Honestly, because of the 4 maindeck Torpor Orb, your best matchup would probably be Stoneblade or something, which is a deck archetype that's dying in Legacy right now.
My recommendation as a player who has participated in Legacy for a decade would be to either drop GR, or drop Dreadnought/Orb and go Punishing Zoo. Zoo can still work in metagames where Eldrazi hasn't overtaken everything else aggro.