|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- How does Doubling Cube interact with mana from Savage Ventmaw?
- Order of priority for Mana Reflection plus other mana fixers
- Can I have upkeep abilities trigger the way I want them?
- How much mana do you get from a land when having Mana Reflection + Zendikar Resurgent + Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger?
- Does Rings of Brighthearth reference a permanent becomming tapped, or just the effect?
If you tap a permanent for mana, it produces twice as much of that mana instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||MagnaAura , Shiromakuro , hippienproud , bpiser95 , Randomdeath , itheoryz , Xunfor6iv3nX , MonoRedBomb.Com , snackeater|
|Want (38)||MagnaAura , doppelrogue , Puzzlemayor , jamesesdad , gamerhat , kovellen , brutusq13 , sraid , Gypsyhatten , zingzang , Vestrinex , RedZebra , Adorabloodthirsty , esono , midbrain , kvfd1719 , o2x7 , MarshalLaeroth , Wizidross , DerektheRed , link2213 , king0fclubs , rakdos24 , Teufell , Shaddaran , tomshwag , linejumpr , adam1floyd3 , Turtlelover73 , xpsychovampx , Galdelonian , cainanunes , Fergernuggets , JadfihfTheMerc , Metra , fireborne1986 , eddywaters1 , SphinxChi|
Mana Reflection Discussion
13 hours ago
You're missing the core of a lands deck to play lots of lands with things like Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Exploration, Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Oracle of Mul Daya, Storm Cauldron, Wayward Swordtooth, and Burgeoning. Also, recursion from Crucible of Worlds, and more lands that sacrifice. These will be much stronger than the typical ramp cards you are playing like Birds of Paradise and Sylvan Caryatid and Chromatic Lantern.
Rather than all the mana doubling effects that help your opponents, just play Mana Reflection and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Mirari and Wort, the Raidmother can help copy spells. You might as well add in some good removal like Decimate, Windgrace's Judgment, and Lavalanche to copy. You might have too many spells that just copy spells though.
I would cut Doubling Season and all the planeswalkers since they don't contribute much to that strategy.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Here I am from reddit with my critique:
- You need more mana doublers Mana Reflection/Mana Flare/Heartbeat of Spring/Regal Behemoth
- You need more tutors Sidisi, Undead Vizier/Demonic Tutor/Vampiric Tutor
- Add Squandered Resources in case you dont have Dwarven Ruins also allows combo with Nykthos and 5 devotion
- Add Dark Depths + Thespian's Stage combo
- replace mana dorks with land based ramp Wayward Swordtooth/Wood Elves
- Add Woodland Bellower to tutor Eternal Witness/Lotus Cobra/Tireless Tracker/Wayward Swordtooth/Ramunap Excavator also add in Reclamation Sage to add artifact removal to that list
2 weeks ago
Nice deck! You might consider some haste-enablers such as Anger, Bloodsworn Steward, Xenagos, God of Revels, Fervor, Concordant Crossroads, Mass Hysteria, Lightning Greaves, or Fires of Yavimaya to get huge amounts of burst damage with Prossh and OTK opponents out of nowhere. Also with the amount of tokens you generate, cards that have synergy with armies of tokens (e.g. Parallel Lives, Doubling Season, Overwhelming Stampede, Triumph of the Hordes, Harvest Season, and Second Harvest) could be very effective, especially if you area able to curve out with Parallel Lives or Doubling Season into Prossh the next turn. Also, cards that can turn your many tokens into mana could have a lot of potential as well. You've already included Cryptolith Rite and Growing Rites of Itlimoc , but the addition of Ashnod's Altar, Thermopod, Pawn of Ulamog Cards like Green Sun's Zenith, Chord of Calling, Heroic Intervention, Damnation, Crux of Fate, Sylvan Library, Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor could provide the the deck with additional consistency, utility, and power. If you wnt to add another mana-doubling card, Mana Reflection would fill that role. It looks as if you have a bit of a 'sacrifice stuff' subtheme as well, so more cards to add for that could be Barter in Blood, Birthing Pod, Blood Divination Attrition, Awakening Zone, Bloodspore Thrinax, Disciple of Bolas, Eliminate the Competition, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Sadistic Hypnotist, Goblin Bombardment, and Razaketh, the Foulblooded. Other considerations might be Sprouting Thrinax, Goblin Sharpshooter, Atarka, World Render, Grave Titan, Oracle of Mul Daya, Dragonlair Spider, Stalking Vengeance, Tempt with Vengeance, Xenagos, the Reveler, Poison-Tip Archer, Avenger of Zendikar, Fecundity, and Pitiless Plunderer. Those are just a few suggestions, and good luck with the deck!
2 weeks ago
Do you think Mirari's Wake and/or Mana Reflection have a place in the deck (or Wild Growth effects), as 35 mana lands and a handful of ramp spells doesn't seem like a whole lot. Other than that it seems like an awesome deck!
2 weeks ago
- bloodmist: nice card and already in the 99
- Gratuitous Violence: is interesting. First, I thought that increasing the devotion and making Xenagos a creature should be avoided if possible, but this card can be played for the showdown. I will give it a try.
- Furnace of Rath: I prefer Gratuitous Violence over this one. If your opponents have no removal to a problem, they always have player removal. Furnace of Rath makes it easier for them to team up and kill me. This is the problem that I currently have to face.
- Combat Celebrant: reads like the plan that I want to focus on. However, the downside is that I have to target him with Xenagos to give him haste and waste the +X/+X trigger on him. I need a third thing to give him evasion. On the other side: this card is nuts, when combined with other extra combat abilities that also untap the Combat Celebrant enabling him to become exerted for a third combat phase :D. As tempting as it sound, I think he is too vulnerable against any removal with only 1 point of toughness. People play Lightning Bolt in my playgroup.
- Lightning Runner: Man, I whish there would be more support for energy counters in EDH. The runner without any further energy sources seems for me to be too tricky to pull off. I would have to attack four times with him before I return my investment.
- Marwyn, the Nurturer: A beast in Elf decks, but has no support here. Outside of Elf tribal I prefer to have a good mix between land, creature and artifact based ramp. You are less vulnerable against boardwipes and you can boardwipe yourself in case of emergency without kicking yourself back into the stone age.
- Spellbinder: Wow, that is a card! Problem though: I only run 8 instants without being able to tutor for them. That makes it a dead card most of the time. Gamble has tricked me too many times that I would run this tutor again.
- Sneak Attack: Thought of it as well. The problem is that I have to sac the creature afterwards and they are the limited core ressource. Instead, I run Elvish Piper which does the same and leaves the creature unharmed.
- Mana Reflection: Might be a really good card. Lorwyn comes with a price tag and it does less than Zendikar Resurgent. But hey, this deck craves for mana.
- Defense of the Heart: Love it! Cheap, fits with the game plan, will draw enchantment removal, but if it sticks for a turn we are going down the beat em up road. Thanks!
- Triumph of the Hordes: This card is nuts, but not in my deck. As it says in the name, it needs a horde. My bois are like soldiers attached to a line in a plane waiting for their parachute jump. One at a time. I might kill one opponent, but thats it.
2 weeks ago
This deck is brutal and it probably explains why you're being targeted by your play group.
Here're some of my suggestions for your consideration:
Sneak Attack fits the theme of your deck well as Xenagos' hitman came out of nowhere, charging into combat and dealing crazy damage.
Defense of the Heart is a decent tutor too, fetching you 2 fatties at once.