|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- How does Doubling Cube interact with mana from Savage Ventmaw?
- Order of priority for Mana Reflection plus other mana fixers
- Can I have upkeep abilities trigger the way I want them?
- How much mana do you get from a land when having Mana Reflection + Zendikar Resurgent + Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger?
- Does Rings of Brighthearth reference a permanent becomming tapped, or just the effect?
If you tap a permanent for mana, it produces twice as much of that mana instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||MagnaAura , Xunfor6iv3nX , miracle , hippienproud , MonoRedBomb.Com , snackeater|
|Want (7)||jamesesdad , gamerhat , Turtlelover73 , xpsychovampx , Galdelonian , Fergernuggets , fireborne1986|
Mana Reflection Discussion
4 days ago
coloneldark Hey there! Thanks for the upvote. It absolutely blows my mind how much attention this deck has generated. Glad you found some ideas to steal and hope it works well for you.
For starts, I have to argue the mana dorks/rocks. Some say not to put them in and I say so keep them lol. In regards to the ones Im currently using, they are more or less place holders until I can get their replacements. The mana dorks I plan on getting to replace my current ones are as followed: Bloom Tender, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, and Oracle of Mul Daya, if Mana Reflection is out, these guys help even more. For example, if Selvala is out and Zacama, she will produce 9 mana (18 mana of Mana reflections is out)
Some will say that the dorks/rocks are pointless since Zacama only untaps lands, but I use them specifically to get Zacama out faster. I run quite a few ramp spells, and Explosive Vegetation would be a great add, just the dorks can help Zacama get out to the field ASAP. The fastest Ive gotten Zacama out is turn 3. Usually with the dorks, ramp, and rocks, he hits by turn 4-5. For a 9 drop, this is pretty good. The dorks also provide a big buff for when Craterhoof Behemoth hits.
The decks is constantly changing to adapt and get better. Recently I found that Emeria Shepherd and Emeria, The Sky Ruin are pointless for my deck considering I have exactl 7 plains in the deck (this includes dual lands). So, will be add something later, maybe Archangel of Thune or something.
Lastly, Vorinclex is already in the deck. :)
1 week ago
One card Ive seen that helps for mana doubling is Mana Reflection but if its outside of budget, there are other options similar
1 week ago
The abilities that start with "whenever" are triggered abilities, you can tell because they start with the word "whenever." They are also mana abilities which means they don't use the stack, and will function any time you have permission to activate a mana ability. They do also have static abilities that function as replacement effects modifying how they enter the battlefield, and Caged Sun has a static ability to boost power and toughness, while Utopia Sprawl has the keyword static ability Enchant. An example of a similar mana increasing effect that is not a triggered ability (or mana ability) would be Mana Reflection, note that it uses "if" to indicate a replacement effect rather than a trigger condition.
Split Second is a static ability that functions while a spell is on the stack. If a spell has Split Second no player can cast spells or activate non mana abilites. It does not counter anything. Trickbind is a spell that can counter target activated or triggered ability AND also has split second. Take Possession is an Aura that gives you control of a permanent AND has split second, it cannot counter anything.
1 week ago
I love Rosheen and also have a budget deck! Gruul is nice and cheap, although I'm eyeing a Mana Reflection. One thing I think you'll want to add is a few cards such as Decimate and Hull Breach. I'm spying some cards on your list I might swap into my deck as well.
2 weeks ago
Untapping Selvala is huge. Maybe you want to consider some of these cards Instill Energy, Nature's Chosen, Quirion Ranger, Scryb Ranger, Seeker of Skybreak, Wirewood Lodge, Umbral Mantle another equipment that enables infinite mana. For late game Patron of the Orochi. It's hard to tell how much untapping is enough, you'll have to playtest it.
Protect Selvala! (and any other creature deserving of it) Heroic Intervention is the best thing ever, Blossoming Defense is also amazing, Sheltering Word with the added value to get a lotta life from your fatties. There are many others, but those are probably the best in my opinion.
You have many lands and your commander is a super mana dork, I think you could cut some down to about 38 without having land problems, otherwise you should consider adding some fastbond effects. The first one comming to my mind for this deck is Wayward Swordtooth, then you always have the options of Exploration, Burgeoning, Budoka Gardener and Oracle of Mul Daya.
Speaking of lands, you will never be color blocked in a mono color deck, so I would go all in in the utility land pack: Reliquary Tower, High Market and Miren, the Moaning Well, Homeward Path, Mystifying Maze, Arch of Orazca... So many options!
Surrak, the Hunt Caller nice power for its mana and gives your guys haste, not many green cards give haste.
Zendikar Resurgent, Vernal Bloom, Extraplanar Lens, Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power are all great options for doubling your mana, but the best thing is Mana Reflection because it also affects Selvala, a bit expensive too.
3 weeks ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
1 month ago
DrunkManSquakin666, Condemn is a good card, but I prefer Path to Exile as it can target any creature instead of just attacking creatures. There are often times that the scariest creature on the board actually isn't an attacking creature.
lil_cheez, Paradox Engine would be great if I was running mana dorks or mana rocks. I have purposely kept my ramp to land ramp to make use of Zacama's ability when he untaps all my lands. As a result Paradox Engine really wouldn't have anything to untap with its ability.
ATOMIC1258, Mirari's Wake is already in there :) Regal Behemoth is the other mana doubler in the deck. I am thinking about purchasing Mana Reflection as another doubler. I thought about Zendikar Resurgent but the 7 mana is a bit steep for that effect. If I was running a ton of creatures, I would include it because of the card draw. My creature count is fairly low though. Dunno...may still be worth it! I hadn't heard of Keeper of Progenitus. Normally I don't like effects that also ramp opponents, like Mana Flare. However, I see that it would likely benefit me more as it specifically includes my colours. I'll definitely consider that one! Thanks!
1 month ago
First of all, sorry for violating the rules of the forum. I really missed that part in the description.
Temur Sabertooth seems really important for your mana combos so it is probably a good idea to add another card with the same/similar ability. To level up the consistency of the deck.
Ashnod's Altar is perhaps an option. It isn't able to produce infinit mana with Zacama, Primal Calamity because you have to play him from the command zone but you can produce a lot of it with Mana Reflection/Zendikar Resurgent/Mirari's Wake in place. So it is probably enough to win the game.
Overall the deck is really nice!