|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Mythic Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Mythic Rare|
|Worldwake (WWK)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Multikicker (You may pay an additional any number of times as you cast this spell.)
Choose target creature or player, then choose another target creature or player for each time Comet Storm was kicked. Comet Storm deals X damage to each of them.
Comet Storm Discussion
8 hours ago
If you're having problems finding answers then don't cut Gamble :) It's one of red best cards to actually find an answer by tutoring for it. Dualcaster Mage , Reverberate and Reiterate are helpful in multiplayer Commander because they can copy an opponents tutor.
Tectonic Reformation is an underrated red card for draw. One thing mono red has a lot of are Mountains and getting flooded happens. Reformation turns extra Mountains into draws. Repeatable cycling of lands for each is very good. I also suggest adding all the low mana cost draw in red: Faithless Looting , Light Up the Stage , Thrill of Possibility , Tormenting Voice , Wild Guess .
This draw/discard can help to find answers and be enablers for Feldon of the Third Path who can be good repeatable value in red especially with creatures such as Magus of the Wheel , Solemn Simulacrum . Torbran, Thane of Red Fell makes each red source do more damage which equals more life loss which makes more mana with Neheb. Comet Storm and Chaos Warp are pretty much a staple cards for mono red.
2 days ago
So I am working on some changes to my Neheb deck to make it just a little more efficient. I've had pretty good games with it so far, but I've had some issues where I will dig like 5 plus cards deep and still not get an answer to situations that I need solved.
Stuff I am trying to put into the deck is Helkite charger and Comet Storm . Knowing I also need to pick up a Chaos Warp for the deck. I am up for any suggestions that anyone has and appreciate the help.
1 week ago
Wrt Tezzeret and the planar bridge.
1 week ago
Mana Leak is also a weaker counterspell in EDH (it's pretty decent in 60-card formats). I would only recommend it in very counterspell-heavy decks. If the goal is protecting against removal/boardwipes use Swan Song or Negate . Otherwise, use Counterspell , Arcane Denial , or any of the other good cards that counter anything.
As for Rift Bolt and Lightning Bolt , if they're for removal I would highly recommend something more reliable like Pongify , Rapid Hybridization , Reality Shift , Aftershock , or Fissure . Comet Storm or Rolling Thunder work well with Saheeli too. If they're for going upstairs I'd again recommend things like Comet Storm to have a bigger impact and even end the game outright.
Without counterspelling them, the only way in to handle enchantments is Chaos Warp . I insist you run it. There are a few colorless ways to deal, like Scour from Existence , Unstable Obelisk , and Spine of Ish Sah . The latter two are great with recursion.
Personally, I always run two boardwipes minimum and I try to squeeze more in when possible. You already have the best in Cyclonic Rift, but another could save your bacon (you don't have tutors to find it, nor would I necessarily recommend running any). Even decks that go wide, like ours, need reset buttons in emergencies. Blasphemous Act is the gold standard, but Ixidron , Earthquake , Wash Out , and Coastal Breach are good too.
1 week ago
Cool stuff! I dig the deck name. I just barely built a Saheeli deck focused on tokens too. Junk in the Trunk.
I see you have Faithless Looting in the deck. Considering you're running and you don't have a strong graveyard theme, I would recommend a more normal draw spell. If you want to keep the card low CMC perhaps Preordain or Serum Visions . I like Concentrate too (I prefer draw spells that draw three or more cards for a strong hand refill, so I stay away from Divination and its ilk. They can still smooth out draws and get you to your land drops). draw spells like Mind Spring et al are great with Saheeli's discount ability. Also, Brainstorm is a bit of a trap unless the top of your deck matters. No card advantage, only selection.
I've been experimenting with Saheeli's Directive and been less than impressed, unfortunaltely. Too bad, since it's a Saheeli-themed card. I think a deck needs to be at least 40 artifacts deep to make it hit reliably. It's a shame, because spells are great with Saheeli, the Gifted . Also, some of your wincons are non-artifacts.
1 week ago
I'm under the belief that card quality is better than quantity, you shouldn't need more than 7 cards in your hand at a time. I would go with the Fellwar Stone for the colored mana. A sometimes overlooked thing with blue suns is that with infinite mana and a few draw spells you can draw your deck, put Blue Sun's Zenith back, draw it, then mill the table out one by one. You just need a way to draw it again for each opponent, like Ponder or Preordain . Its an infinite mana outlet that has more mid-game utility than Comet Storm in my opinion. Lastly, I would recommend Rhystic Study over Consecrated Sphinx , as you can land it much earlier, it'll slow the good players at your table down, and will punish the less good ones by letting you draw cards; also it draws slightly less threat.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
Comet Storm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
UR (Izzet): 0.65%