Target player sacrifices an attacking creature.
Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wing Shards occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Wing Shards Discussion
4 days ago
Hello Bramdal thank you for the suggestions.
I think Thraben Inspector is slow for this deck. Thalia, Guardian of Thraben probably in sideboard. Charming Prince, he can bounce Thalia's Lieutenant and soldier and knight protecting a noble why not ! haha I like the idea but I prefer focus on humans/soldiers/knights in priority. Militia Bugler could be nice to retrieve some cards but I probably go for Benalish Marshal. Basri's Lieutenant seems nice but not in the mainboard.
Concerning the cards you would cut :
Akrasan Squire and Fiendslayer Paladin will be in first line. Martial Coup will follow but not yet decided the substitution. Launch the Fleet is the signature card of this deck :) Wing Shards don't know yet. Knight Exemplar will replace Fiendslayer Paladin
6 days ago
a few suggestions:
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben,
Basri's Lieutenant(4 Mana might be to high, but he is really nice with Thalia's Lieutenant.
cards i would consider to cut:
Launch the Fleet,
Fiendslayer Paladin (exept you know, your opponents gonna play red or black, otherwise this would be better in a sideboard, maybe together with Mirran Crusader),
Knight Exemplar (I think your knight count is to low),
2 months ago
Spellskite, Crackling Doom, Wing Shards, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Solemnity, Sudden Death, Sudden Shock, Engineered Explosives, Chalice of the Void, Deflecting Palm, Grim Lavamancer, Darkblast, Night of Souls' Betrayal, Collective Brutality, Wipe Away, Polymorphist's Jest, Sudden Spoiling, Go for the Throat, Porphyry Nodes
5 months ago
so, after rigorous playtesting, I have come up with some cards to cut and add that will hopefully msk the deck better:
Alabaster Kirin This does absolutely nothing, has no prison effects, and is kinda useless here
Baird, Steward of Argive His prison effect is okay, but you can definitely slot in better options for not too much more money
Knight of Sursi Once again, just a vanilla card that doesn't do anything except get a small body on the battlefield, which isnt very good in commander, even if it is indestructible
Misthoof Kirin Only really okay in a morph deck, this is kinda useless here
Segovian Angel a 1/1 with vigilance has to swing 120 times to win. just a terrible card all around.
Silver Knight Kinda bad, doesn't really do much .
Shepherd of the Lost this would be good if it have every other creature it's abilities, but alas, it's kinda terrible, especially because I'm smelling a voltron sub-theme around Avacyn
White Knight Unless your in a very black heavy meta, this is just bad, and is barley passable even if you have said meta
All your lands except basic plains. You need more utility lands, not just non-basics that do nothing
Wing Shards This one is debatable, although I don't see you casting a bunch of spells and having the mana to cast this, due to the lack of ramp you have.
Armillary Sphere bad ramp
Traveler's Amulet bad ramp
Orazca Relic have fun waiting 5 turns to get blessing and then only drawing one card
Take Vengeance crappy removal
Bishop of Wings I don't see this deck supporting an angel tribal
all the Moxen, while expensive, they are amazing and can let you ramp to Avacyn as soon as turn 3
Sol Ring amazing ramp
Thran Dynamo amazing ramp
Commander's Sphere great ramp
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben super good stax/prison
Sphere of Safety typically opponents will have to pay 3-4 for each attacking creature. brutal
Sword of Fire and Ice really good equipment that deals with the two most problematic colors to this deck, however it's very expensive.
Path to Exile great removal
Blazing Archon if you're playing prison with Avacyn out, you basically can't lose
Windborn Muse STAXXXXX
Pacifism good removal
Norn's Annex great way to both deter your opponents and punish them for attacking you
Smothering Tithe you will be generating a TON of mana
Crawlspace amazing pillow fort card
Archangel of Tithes amazing pillow fort, and has the flavor bonus of being an angel
Felidar Sovereign you will probably always have 40 or more life, especially with all the stax you're throwing around, so easy wincon
Approach of the Second Sun another great wincon
Aegis of the Gods great for not getting burned out
Generous Gift awesome removal
Teferi's Protection because teferi's protection
Elixir of Immortality amazing card to clutch up with
Thought Vessel good ability plus some ramp
Homeward Path great land
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx always great in a mono colored deck. Even better with Avacyn's triple-cost
Maze of Ith great utility land
Tectonic Edge great land destruction
Field of Ruin great land destruction
Thanks so much for reading my list, and I hope this has been some help to you. My main problem with this deck was it ran too much inefficient removal and bad creatures, but once these are added in, I think the deck should be a lot for mean. Have a great day! =)
1 year ago
You said in your thread in the deck help forum that you wanted to get it down to 66, so that is 18 cuts.
Trespasser's Curse - Curses feel unnecessarily antagonistic and this one doesn't do much.
Curator's Ward - Unlikely to ever draw you cards.
Ashes of the Abhorrent - Not good unless your meta is very graveyard heavy.
Prowler's Helm - Not a very good piece of evasion equipment.
Wing Shards - Bad except against voltron.
Nightmare's Thirst - Hardly ever going to kill anything of importance.
Mana Leak - The type of games you are likely to play with this deck tax counters won't matter.
Convolute - See above.
Healing Grace - 1 shot small amounts of lifegain aren't worth a card slot.
Dark Ritual - Rituals aren't great in commander unless it is to ramp directly into a victory and you have no insta-wins.
Vampire Sovereign - ETB doesn't justify paying the price for the body in a non-blink deck.
Angel of the God-Pharaoh - 6 mana 4/4 isn't worth it just because it has cycling.
Diamond Mare - Going to gain you much less life than you think it will.
Underworld Coinsmith - Effects aren't strong enough.
Bonus round, these cards are all relatively weak and I really think that maybe you wanted angel tribal and didn't want to say it was a tribal deck.
1 year ago
So here is my update Gidgetimer. I am adding Drogskol Reaver , and dropping Severed Strands . The cards like Revival / Revenge is mostly for ending the game, and Blood Tribute . Generally my group isnt like, u could say luke super competetive. I like to say we are newbies. I am prob keeping Counterlash . I might change it out later. I thought it might be interesting. Seal Away I also going out. So here is the final.
I don't know about Swords to Plowshares . I am going to make big changes over time. Thx for commenting.
1 year ago
Just noticed you already added Dawn of Hope still 11 cuts because I also forgot to add it to the number.
- Book of Rass - direct swap out for Greed since the latter is a better card.
- Gideon's Reproach - direct swap out for Swords to Plowshares since the latter is a better card.
- Counterlash - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, a lot of mana for a counter and a chance at a free card.
- Disperse - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not even really permanent removal.
- Wing Shards - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not all important creatures have to attack.
- Seal Away - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, tapped clause is not great.
- Nevinyrral's Disk - without Darksteel Forge and Mycosynth Lattice it just slows the game down. This may offer you a better chance to win, or you may like long games for the sake of long games. I dislike long games enough that I would cut it.
- Severed Strands - you have 13 creatures and can't afford to sacrifice them, especially at sorcery speed, if we are winning via combat.
- Blood Tribute - halving a single player's life total is either going to make you an enemy or not do much depending on how late it is in the game. Making enemies isn't something you want to do in pillow fort decks since most people could pay the taxes, just why bother when they can attack someone else and not pay unless they have a reason to focus you down.
- Revival / Revenge - Not a fan of low CMC only reanimate, see above for the rationale on the other half.
- Revitalize - I don't like cards that just gain life, cantriping is not enough to get me to like it.
1 year ago
No problem, and I think an enchantment/equipment hybrid would be a great way to use and give Mirri a myriad of options to play with, also it's easy on budget as well!
Here are some possible enchantment cards I would consider using for Mirri:
- Aura of Silence
- Bear Umbra
- Hyena Umbra
- Spider Umbra
- Shield of the Oversoul
- Darksteel Mutation
- Utopia Sprawl
- Fertile Ground
- Wild Growth
Some cards I would consider taking out:
- Wing Shards
- Hunter's Prowess
- Nacatl War-Pride
- Launch the Fleet
- Chitinous Cloak
- Darksteel Plate
- Grappling Hook
- Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith
- Swooping Talon
- Stalking Leonin
So far the cards mentioned above are too high on cost, there are better alternatives, or won't mesh too well. I think if you are going for hybrid, you might have to take out some combat tricks and use a lot more creatures and enchantments to do a tap stax effect. Like using a combination of Winter Orb and Bear Umbra to break parity while constantly tapping down the board with also Static Orb in play. Hmm what do you think in adding a mix of some tap stax artifacts into the mix?