|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Target player sacrifices an attacking creature.
Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Wing Shards Discussion
2 months ago
You said in your thread in the deck help forum that you wanted to get it down to 66, so that is 18 cuts.
Trespasser's Curse - Curses feel unnecessarily antagonistic and this one doesn't do much.
Curator's Ward - Unlikely to ever draw you cards.
Ashes of the Abhorrent - Not good unless your meta is very graveyard heavy.
Prowler's Helm - Not a very good piece of evasion equipment.
Wing Shards - Bad except against voltron.
Nightmare's Thirst - Hardly ever going to kill anything of importance.
Mana Leak - The type of games you are likely to play with this deck tax counters won't matter.
Convolute - See above.
Healing Grace - 1 shot small amounts of lifegain aren't worth a card slot.
Dark Ritual - Rituals aren't great in commander unless it is to ramp directly into a victory and you have no insta-wins.
Vampire Sovereign - ETB doesn't justify paying the price for the body in a non-blink deck.
Angel of the God-Pharaoh - 6 mana 4/4 isn't worth it just because it has cycling.
Diamond Mare - Going to gain you much less life than you think it will.
Underworld Coinsmith - Effects aren't strong enough.
Bonus round, these cards are all relatively weak and I really think that maybe you wanted angel tribal and didn't want to say it was a tribal deck.
2 months ago
So here is my update Gidgetimer. I am adding Drogskol Reaver , and dropping Severed Strands . The cards like Revival / Revenge is mostly for ending the game, and Blood Tribute . Generally my group isnt like, u could say luke super competetive. I like to say we are newbies. I am prob keeping Counterlash . I might change it out later. I thought it might be interesting. Seal Away I also going out. So here is the final.
I don't know about Swords to Plowshares . I am going to make big changes over time. Thx for commenting.
2 months ago
Just noticed you already added Dawn of Hope still 11 cuts because I also forgot to add it to the number.
- Book of Rass - direct swap out for Greed since the latter is a better card.
- Gideon's Reproach - direct swap out for Swords to Plowshares since the latter is a better card.
- Counterlash - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, a lot of mana for a counter and a chance at a free card.
- Disperse - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not even really permanent removal.
- Wing Shards - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not all important creatures have to attack.
- Seal Away - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, tapped clause is not great.
- Nevinyrral's Disk - without Darksteel Forge and Mycosynth Lattice it just slows the game down. This may offer you a better chance to win, or you may like long games for the sake of long games. I dislike long games enough that I would cut it.
- Severed Strands - you have 13 creatures and can't afford to sacrifice them, especially at sorcery speed, if we are winning via combat.
- Blood Tribute - halving a single player's life total is either going to make you an enemy or not do much depending on how late it is in the game. Making enemies isn't something you want to do in pillow fort decks since most people could pay the taxes, just why bother when they can attack someone else and not pay unless they have a reason to focus you down.
- Revival / Revenge - Not a fan of low CMC only reanimate, see above for the rationale on the other half.
- Revitalize - I don't like cards that just gain life, cantriping is not enough to get me to like it.
7 months ago
No problem, and I think an enchantment/equipment hybrid would be a great way to use and give Mirri a myriad of options to play with, also it's easy on budget as well!
Here are some possible enchantment cards I would consider using for Mirri:
- Aura of Silence
- Bear Umbra
- Hyena Umbra
- Spider Umbra
- Shield of the Oversoul
- Darksteel Mutation
- Utopia Sprawl
- Fertile Ground
- Wild Growth
Some cards I would consider taking out:
- Wing Shards
- Hunter's Prowess
- Nacatl War-Pride
- Launch the Fleet
- Chitinous Cloak
- Darksteel Plate
- Grappling Hook
- Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith
- Swooping Talon
- Stalking Leonin
So far the cards mentioned above are too high on cost, there are better alternatives, or won't mesh too well. I think if you are going for hybrid, you might have to take out some combat tricks and use a lot more creatures and enchantments to do a tap stax effect. Like using a combination of Winter Orb and Bear Umbra to break parity while constantly tapping down the board with also Static Orb in play. Hmm what do you think in adding a mix of some tap stax artifacts into the mix?
8 months ago
Bloom Tender instead of Somberwald Sage. Wear / Tear is a better Demystify. Use Carnage Tyrant since evades targeting. Sylvan Library to use with top. Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile and Wing Shards for best targeted removal. Mass removal use Austere Command - very flexible to suit your needs. Needs more tutors like Tooth and Nail and Enlightened Tutor. Overall I like your version. Upvote from me. Take a look at my decks. Here are those that I currently use with much success - Sing the Fire and Speak the Sun, Enchant to Clear All Tumors and Dragonlord, the Sky Marathon
10 months ago
there are a few cards that stand out to me as not fitting the deck's theme. Wing Shards is the first. if you run more than 4 other instants it would be a good include but if they cast spells after they attack (storm counts every spell, not just yours) then you might as well be running Rebuke. Crushing Vines is another one. sure it has utility in that it can also kill flying creatures, but it can't even hit enchantments. something like Krosan Grip is better in almost every regard, you could also use Return to Dust. White Sun's Zenith is a good card but its less good in this strategy. most equipment decks go tall rather than wide sometimes running as little as 1 or 2 creatures. in that same regard Jazal Goldmane would be good in a go wide strategy but not really in this one. a problem with these strategies it a vulnerability to artifact destruction. there are a few solutions to this problem. the first is to run something like Privileged Position to add a forcefield around all of your stuff. the second flickering your stuff. i recommend Teferi's Protection. you could use Eerie Interlude but it only does creatures. by the way, where is Lightning Greaves? it is probably one of the most played artifacts right before Sol Ring. while I'm here, where is sol ring? its regarded as the tenth power nine and is an auto-include in and deck no matter the strategy. it's just too good. it beats Selesnya Signet it every way except the fact that the signet produces colours mana which shouldn't be a problem since all of the lands you run either produce coloured mana or fetches coloured mana. by the way, I am NOT suggesting you cut the signet it is a very good card. while we are on the subject of mana I think we should address that Sylvan Scrying. if you are going to run that you need utility lands. remember, it says ANY land. that means if you need a Glacial Chasm you got it. if you want a Dark Depths to go with that Thespian's Stage viola. but the best you can get right now is a Myriad Landscape, a Path of Ancestry or a Krosan Verge. on the subject of lands it a two colour deck that runs a lot of artifacts. you can stretch the colours mana in your mana base a bit more I reckon. a good start is Blighted Woodland as if you don't really have anything exciting to do on your turn or just really need the mana you can spend the turn doing that. another cool thing to play could be, Shimmer Myr normally wouldn't play this as you cant equip at instant speed but Hammer of Nazahn means that you can flash it in with a bunch of equipment and have a surprise army to blow out attackers. some cuttable things are; Sun Titan, Sunspear Shikari, Regal Caracal, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Abundance, Wing Shards, White Sun's Zenith, Crushing Vines and Restoration Specialist
sorry about the really long comment I've just been fantasising about build a similar deck for a while.
11 months ago
11 months ago
I really don't think Wing Shards belongs in this deck, firstly it is a very inefficient removal spell that doesn't even necessarily get the creature you want it too, and secondly the deck is already quite full with three drops and wing shards is by far the worst, removing it would greatly smooth out your curve, I would replace it with 4 copies of Aether Vial it is a very good card in any creature deck, both smoothing out your curve and allowing you to play at instant speed.
Wing Shards occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%