|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Aura of Silence
Artifact and enchantment spells your opponents cast cost more to cast.
Sacrifice Aura of Silence: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
|Have (2)||sonnet666 ,|
|Want (10)||wildpachi , the7thDOF , SubstantialBox , insaino , Dockroach , Wolffey05 , Astor , ArmandCombrink , jizzard , waubers|
Aura of Silence Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, other than one aura, Ancestral Mask , your deck is setup to use Estrid as a Commander more than Tuvasa.
Tuvasa is strongest when she's attacking doing Commander damage. What makes her powerful is she's both an enchantress and beat stick for Commander damage from the Command Zone. With Tuvasa as Commander consider low mana cost auras that can make her a real threat? Rancor , Ethereal Armor , Daybreak Coronet , Steel of the Godhead , Favor of the Overbeing , etc. Want to get enchantments onto the battlefield fast to pump Tuvasa, but this goes against the extensive pillowfort strategy.
The pillowfort strategy with combos requires a lot resources and time to setup and that's in Estrid's wheelhouse not Tuvasa. Tuvasa can still benefit from some pillowfort cards such as Blind Obedience and Authority of the Consuls since these cards help to clear blockers for her to attack. Aura of Silence , Energy Flux , Stony Silence are also quite good since they shut down artifacts and artifacts aren't part of your strategy. Tuvasa can also benefit, but much less than Estrid, from low mana cost land auras. Unlike Estrid who wants all the land auras to take advantage of her +2, Tuvasa doesn't need them all, just the low mana cost ones that create ramp (Growth, Sprawl, Fertile).
Many creatures are less needed when playing Tuvasa as Commander because she's the creature you want to focus on and enchant. All the other enchantresses as well as Sram, Senior Edificer and Kor Spiritdancer (aura enchantresses) and Heliod's Pilgrim are all the creatures you need. Rather than big creatures consider instead splashy cards that interact with auras/enchantments: Retether , Three Dreams , Wargate , Plea for Guidance , Aura Thief .
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
I had a new idea: Use Enduring Ideal to get a Fall of the Thran , then, on your upkeep Aura of Silence it before it gets the 2nd lore counter after your your draw step. This will stop lands from coming back, and opponents will be unable to pay for the Ghostly Prison and Suppression Field . And, it's not like you need lands once Epic is happening.
2 weeks ago
Also, would Copy Enchantment be too cute? It copies a Greater Auramancy , allowing you to get shroud on all enchantments you control, or doubling a Rhystic Study / Empyrial Armor / Aura of Silence effect, making it a worse Estrid's Invocation , but it may have enough utility as a 3rd of an enchantment to see use here.
2 weeks ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
2 weeks ago
Hey eliakimras, thanks for the suggestions!!
I actually had Ghostly Prison , Sphere of Safety , Propaganda and Aura of Silence in my original build. I liked the pillow fort and stax build and still have a few left over ( Authority of the Consuls , Blind Obedience , and Frozen AEther . I have started to move away from the pillow fort/stax version recently and shifted it into a more control style deck. I have kept the Stax package in my sideboard for different match-ups.
To sum it all up, I have just started changing my play style away from stax, but you are correct, all of these cards are great for the deck!!
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
There are a lot of soldiers out there, but some of the must-haves I feel you're missing are Brimaz, King of Oreskos , Preeminent Captain , Evangel of Heliod , Nomads' Assembly , Launch the Fleet , and Deploy to the Front . High Sentinels of Arashin and Elite Scaleguard could also be very powerful, depending on how much +1/+1 counter stuff you plan on doing.
I think the deck could also use some more "vegetables" cards. You should be running Boros Signet , at minimum, but Boros Keyrune , Boros Locket , Mind Stone , Sword of the Animist , and Knight of the White Orchid should probably be in the conversation, as well. Vandalblast , Aura of Silence , Crush Contraband , Return to Dust , etc. are all removal you might consider over the abundance of creature removal you have. In terms of card draw, being tribal, you could look into Vanquisher's Banner could also do work.
As for cuts, you shouldn't be running Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse in a 2-color deck. Ancient Amphitheater , Needle Spires , and even Stone Quarry are all strictly better without cards that care about land types or Landfall. The deck thinning is inconsequential in a 99-card deck, and you'd rather have the flexibility. Catapult Master, Hour of Devastation (you know it removes indestructible, right?), Deafening Clarion, and Hammerfist Giant all seem pretty suspect to me, just on card quality. Rather than Deafening Clarion, Firesong and Sunspeaker seem better with the Earthquake theme.
1 month ago
Yes, cool deck! I like the way it works, especially that you've stayed away from an ultra control themed deck. The main thing to change is your average mana costs. Depending on your deck an average cmc could be around 3.0.
Many flying creatures are the proper card for this deck, but I would prefer to turn down Bruna, the Fading Light , Gisela, the Broken Blade for your decks strategy. Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign on the first sight seems right, would be great to insert some more Sphinx creatures. Sphere of Safety is indeed a good card in enchantment decks, but in case of mana costs it may not be worth to consider the payment. On turn 5 you have really good spells in your deck, and the Sphere of Safety doesn't do anything more than Ghostly Prison or Propaganda . Whirlpool Drake is in my opinion not good for shuffeling your graveyard into your library.
My suggestions are Darksteel Plate , for giving your creature indestructible. As I see you are not going into the strategy to pump up your commander with many equipments, but this card could be useful. Also a nice card for giving any of your creatures vigilance I recommend Reconnaissance (okay, it doesn't say dirctly vigilance, but with rules understanding you can untap the creature after the damage is done and before end of combat - so the same effect as vigilance. Also it protects your attacking creatures). Commander staples for white-blue are of course Cyclonic Rift (budget alternative Devastation Tide ), Supreme Verdict or Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer .
- Strionic Resonator for getting more trigger effects!
- Warden of Evos Isle for some kind of mana ramp
- Steel of the Godhead
In my opinion you have to make some desicions wheter you play:
- Control with instants (Counterspells, etc.)
- Control with enchantments (Stax strategy)
- Creature based (more creatures - less spells)
Aura of Silence occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
W/U (Azorius): 1.29%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.38%
GWU (Bant): 0.76%