Aura of Silence
Artifact and enchantment spells your opponents cast cost more to cast.
Sacrifice Aura of Silence: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
|Have (2)||tedtanal ,|
|Want (6)||brownwaterboys , Zacblu10 , aaucoinjr , Rabu , mufasamike , Mussahumano|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Aura of Silence occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
WU (Azorius): 1.29%
WUB (Esper): 0.38%
GWU (Bant): 0.76%
Aura of Silence Discussion
17 hours ago
Sterling Grove? Another tutor for your combo and makes Aura-based interaction like Song of the Dryads a bit more potent. Personally not a fan of either Exploration or Burgeoning since they're dependent on e.g. having a land-heavy opening hand and/or good draw source to actually matter
1 day ago
I’ve also always found that Aura of Silence is a nice include since it will slow your non green opponents down significantly and acts as a piece of removal when stuff is about to get rid of it on the board.
Smothering Tithe as others have mentioned has pretty much become an auto-include in most decks.
Tectonic Giant is a good card for what the deck seems to want to do, dealing 3 damage to each opponent when it attacks so you can get the commander online sooner or acting as card draw for the deck. Also putting Aurelia, the Warleader in the 99 combos really well with the sword of sinew and steel and swords of war and peace you have in it.
I’ve also always been a huge fan of Mask of Memory in my Boros decks since it is decent enough card draw and is especially good with the earlier mentioned Aurelia. Another good ‘card draw’ card is Outpost Siege since the second mode can come in handy as well if you have a really developed board and are preparing for a wipe.
1 week ago
Much better decklist! I'm glad to see your manabase has rounded out and you have an actual removal suite along with the previously suggested pillow fort pieces. I know you got on me about not suggesting what to cut - and well...really it depends on what direction you want your deck to go in. I think you're too concerned with playing low to the ground spells - in a sense, you're thinking a little too aggro for the commander you have. Voltron is inherently slow - the idea is that you'll eventually have so many enchantments that the opponent(s) will have zero options available to them to get rid of your commander (outside of maybe an overloaded Winds of Abandon ). You don't need to focus on getting a ton of low CMC spells - what you need to focus on are spells that can make an impact at every point in the game.
Revisiting our talk about Land Tax - so after re-examining it, it can help you late game if you are behind someone in lands: You thin out the lands in your deck to increase the chances that your next draw step will get you an actual useful card. My only reservation is that of the 34 lands in your deck, only 12 are basics. I'm not sure how often the previously mentioned scenario will occur, but I think that Pir's Whim and Sylvan Scrying will be more beneficial to you as you will probably want to tutor non-basic lands over x number of basics. (This is all my opinion, so take it worth a grain of salt.) Yes, I know they cost more than , but your concern over having lower mana costs and wanting to get your commander out ASAP makes your deck too linear and vulnerable. The hallmark of having a good EDH deck is to be able to win games where you don't even cast your commander. If the table can just stop your commander from coming into play, or possibly remove it once or twice - what's your back up? What I think is that you need to favor flexibility and board control over sheer aggro and low CMC.
Here's what I'd consider cutting:
- Land Tax - like I said before, can only tutor you up basic lands and thin out your library. This isn't what you need. You need to focus on getting those utility lands. I'd toss in the only true ramp white has in this card's place - Smothering Tithe . Don't hand me that "Uhhh but I don't have a mana dump" argument. If you believed that, then you wouldn't have included a powerful mana doubler like Mirari's Wake . Cut this stupid spell, you don't run enough basics to justify it being in the deck, and it's not consistent. Smothering Tithe will net you more mana in the short and long run. Your deck isn't aggro, so vs. doesn't matter.
- Day of Judgment - your deck has plenty of removal and mass removal options. I think this one is just a little redundant unless you intend on combining it with Yavimaya Hollow . But even then, Divine Reckoning and Winds of Rath save you from having to use to get the previously mentioned land. I still say cut it. In it's place use Smothering Tithe . It's the only true ramp white has. It's a very good spell - try it. Trust me. And don't hand me that "I don't have a mana dump" argument, if you really believed that, then you wouldn't have included Mirari's Wake .
- Farseek - Since you are in only two colors, this card doesn't really do you much good. I'd cut this for Sylvan Scrying
- Gaddock Teeg - You aren't exactly playing Stax, so this card is kind of useless. On top of it potentially being a nonbo or (non-combo) with some spells, like overloaded Winds of Abandon or Eldrazi Conscription . I'd use Aura of Silence in it's place.
2 weeks ago
You are correct. But it would trigger the second part of Approach, putting it 7th from the top in your library, again, so that you draw in to it with the lock established. Ideally, you have found Teferi, Time Raveler while you were setting up the lock and looking for Approach. But anything that will destroy or exile or sacrifice or bounce an artifact will work for breaking the lock when you are ready to cast Approach from your hand for the second time. If you do have Teferi, he can both bounce Knowledge Pool and prevent opponents from responding to Approach. Aura of Silence is a good backup because it serves as a stax piece that deters players from playing their best enchantment/artifact, but then breaks up my lock so I can close out the game -- and it's tutorable, unlike Teferi.
1 month ago
Sweet deck, I used to run U/W Netsuke deck focused around limiting the number of spells they can play. Have you considered Deafening Silence , Aura of Silence , or Rule of Law . These should be pretty cheap, easy to splash in, and allows for easier countering. Paradox Haze could also speed things up considerably. I do agree with Riskybiznu that there's not enough interaction in this deck, you might consider AEtherize or even Evacuation since you have very very few creatures and it keeps their hand full =).
1 month ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)