|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Twenty||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Gilded Lotus + Karn, Silver Golem + Voltaic Construct
- Archaeomancer + Ghostly Flicker + Gilded Lotus
: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gilded Lotus Discussion
5 hours ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
2 days ago
I built Brago way back when he first came out and have seen him go from fun bounce house to cutthroat stax. It's super interesting when a commander has a ton of range like that.
I think if you're looking for fun you need to set it up so you still have powerful effects, just not ones that are super oppressive. Make your ETBs be in the mid to high CMC range, and have them be powerful effects that don't make the game suck for the other players. All of the following are super good without being oppressive; Angel of Serenity, Trophy Mage, Lavinia of the Tenth, Stonehorn Dignitary, Nevermaker, Spine of Ish Sah, Act of Authority, Sun Titan, Luminate Primordial, Resolute Archangel, Recruiter of the Guard, Knight-Captain of Eos, Grasp of Fate, Exclusion Ritual, Reality Acid, and Parallax Wave (personal favorite).
Be sure to include Brago tech like Panharmonicon, Ancestral Knowledge, and Strionic Resonator (if you want it); good mana rocks to make sure you can get your big ETBs and get the most out of each main phase, Gilded Lotus, Thran Dynamo, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Talisman of Progress, and Trinket Mage (into Sol Ring/Seat of the Synod/Ancient Den/Darksteel Citadel); along with some solid draw to make sure you don't run out of steam, Wall of Omens, Sea Gate Oracle, Ichor Wellspring, Tsabo's Web, Mystic Remora, Rhystic Study, and Jace Beleren (only use the -1).
4 days ago
Thank you for the card suggestions. A few that I'm not familiar with. Some I just recently acquired, but I haven't had a chance to update my deck yet.
What I'm doing with this deck is using the clerics to produce tokens and gain life. In some cases, such as Profane Prayers, use the number of clerics to do direct damage. The design of this deck does work, it's just a little slow. Which is why I asked for suggestions to make it faster. And what you said about cards being pricey, that is why I'm looking for alternatives. If I had the extra cash to spend I would have Gilded Lotus and Lotus Vale in my deck already.
There are cards that I could easily replace (such as Accursed Witch Flip), but for the most part, the creatures I've chosen were chosen because of how they work or their power/toughness vs mana cost. An example, you suggested Fiend Hunter over Avacynian Missionaries Flip. Well, for one mana more than what Fiend Hunter costs Avacynian Missionaries Flip starts as a 3/3 and after transforming becomes a 4/4, then you get to add on the bonuses of the equipment. And if you have Neglected Heirloom Flip (I know it isn't listed in my deck, but I plan on putting it in at some point) equipped on it, that bonus increases.
In this case, the mana cost reduction cards, would come in handy, and would work well with Edgewalker, which is already in my deck.
I am definitely going to look into some of the other cards you suggested. I liked the options they offered.
4 days ago
not totally sure what you feel like doing with your deck so I can't make too many suggestions about the deck other than probably cutting some lands for other cards and adding in more mana ramp since you have pretty much none, mana ramp is a bit hard in a deck that doesn't use green but there are some options
i think you could replace Sigil of the Empty Throne with Angelic Accord since your deck is to gain life, it sort of utilizes it. You could also use an Archangel of Thune to weaponize lifegain, or use the Sanguine Bond +Exquisite Blood combo it might not be friendly but it isn't that bad
you could add in tutors:Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Beseech the Queen is a decent card for 3 mana mid game Sorin, Grim Nemesis is fairly good here i'd think but better if it hits a higher cost card, i dont think he'd live long enough to pump enough value out though.
not very easy on the wallet but solid rock here: Mana Crypt
Any color ones: Manalith, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Doubling Cube(doubles all the Mana you have for 2), Cryptolith Fragment Flip(doesnt really flip though), Corrupted Grafstone, Gilded Lotus, Fellwar Stone
1 week ago
This is usually my hierarchy:
- I use as many fetchlands & original dual lands I can afford.
- I then use anything that a fetchland can grab, ie shocklands.
- I fill the try to fill the rest of lands with all color producing lands, like Command Tower, Grand Coliseum, City of Brass etc.
- Artifact staples Gilded Lotus, Darksteel Ingot, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, etc
- I use some sort of green ramp package:
- Tap Creatures Bloom Tender, Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Caryatid,
- ETB / Sac creatures Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Solemn Simulacrum etc
- Fetch sorcs Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Skyshroud Claim etc
- Extra land drop Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Explore, Oracle of Mul Daya etc
Those are usually the steps I go through to get 5 colors in to a deck. The key is to playtest it so you can tell if you are getting the ramp out or not consistently. Always start with more and then narrow it down if you get flooded with mana too often. Nothing worse than getting mana screwed in 5 colors!
1 week ago
What about mana rocks? Sol Ring? Jet Medallion? Gilded Lotus? (Caged Sun was already mentioned). Land search will guarantee your land drop every turn, which is good, but it won't actually accelerate your game.
1 week ago
So, my thoughts. If I am playing UW I would be either playing control or if you want to stick to tempo I might do something like VOLTRON. So either you are just playing for the long game (which is easy to do in EDH) or you can play the tempo and rely on throwing enchantments on creatures and some equipment. Look at voltron lists on here and see what they are doing.--okay, I forgot what Brago did, the aforementioned stuff is relevant, but stick to blink and utility creatures-- I will give you suggestions for cards in what you are doing. the next message is what to remove
Some Planeswalkers I might Suggest:
This is all I can think of for now.
1 week ago
In:Fatties:Scourge of FleetsKederekt LeviathanSphinx of UthuunUlamog, the Infinite GyreUlamog, the Ceaseless HungerRamp:Gilded LotusDreamstone HedronMind StoneSapphire MedallionDeceiver ExarchTroll stuff:Strionic ResonatorVedalken Orrery