|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (58)||tragic_slip , rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , essex0619 , DrPopular , twospires , goodair , Kvothe1115 , Crimson6 , Sergal , FoamEagle , plof , , dplerner , TehDelta , Daddy1ong1egs13 , Regulus1010 , Xikitten123 , cryptoplasm , frederiklw , mziter501 , CampbellStev , darthnuchi , machiavelli2081 , aeonstoremyliver , brokendwarf , Sparky41 , tahavin , awalloftext , Wiggins , rhinoloupe , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , MoJoMiXuP , , Benniator , rockleemyhero , ibraJG84 , hwagner , DrLitebur , DudeMan1031 , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , buildingadeck , LTmiller , meowCat1234 , bigc137 , DruneGrey , hippienproud , bakunet , PhyrexianScience , Skydra2 , Mousemke , tlhunter07 , YossarianLives , acbooster , Spinalripper , CAPTAINxCOOKIES|
|Want (6)||Turtlelover73 , Jose_Arrogantio , Willis1994 , mlouden03 , hardhitta71194 ,|
7 hours ago
Erm...not in Legacy. They are unrestricted in Legacy. Plus Brainstorm/Ponder replace themselves and let you see a ton more of your deck with shuffle effects like fetch lands. There is a reason Brainstorm is the most powerful card in Legacy.
19 hours ago
Ok after looking on this for a few minutes I'm still as confused as or even more than in the beginning. I love your take on Ramos, this is nuts!! Never thought of building him in this particular way..
Did you playtest it yet & how did it work out? Looks to me like your mana curve on mostly 3cmc is either too high or you run to few mana-producing artifacts/Rituals for really combo'ing out reliably..
When I hear storm (probably because I've been playing UR Storm in Modern for a loong time now) I usually think of a mostly blue deck.. so i would suggest loading up on cantrips such as Ponder, Brainstorm (therefore running fetchlands), Serum Visions and more of the 2cmc ones.. maybe adding some countermagic? what about the rituals? Pyretic Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Manamorphose, Seething Song just to name the obvious ones..
I hope I understand the way you want this to go right due to you only saying it's for Duel Commander.. A bit more information in which direction you want to head with this nice pile of 5c stuff would be awesome :)
really love it tho, hopefully you can build something great out of this start!
1 day ago
5 days ago
Hello, all! I have:
- 2 Flooded Strand
- 1 Windswept Heath
- 2 Temple Garden
- 2 Hallowed Fountain
- 1 Breeding Pool
- and the contents of my binder
and I'm looking for the following cards:
- 4 Death's Shadow
- 4 Street Wraith
- 4 Thoughtseize
- 4 Daze
- 4 Brainstorm
- 3 Hymn to Tourach
- 1 Enlightened Tutor
For the cards from Daze down, I'm only looking for the Eternal Masters version, but I'm not picky otherwise.
Thanks in advance!
6 days ago
Solid deck. +1 from me. I'd make a couple of slight changes if it were mine, though. Here is what I would do:
I think the reasons for the changes I am suggesting are pretty obvious, but in case they aren't I'll go into more detail. Gitaxian Probe is always nice for the slight edge of seeing your opponents hand, and possibly having that counterspell answer in hand for things you might see. However, the counterspells you run are limited to 'target' effects anyway, so seeing their hand isn't as helpful in your situation. Then of course, there is the card draw advantage.. But with other card draw spells in the deck, not always necessary. So the replacements I mentioned give you something the deck could really use, imo. Giving you an occasional surprise defender, or, in the best situations.. being able to untap your Combat Celebrant after exerting him for that finishing combat blow.
As for swapping out Brainstorm for Ponder, I have always been more biased toward Ponder simply because being able to ditch bad cards that you might not need in certain situations is far more useful than just throwing said cards back on top of your deck and running into them next turn.
All in all, I feel like this could ever-so-slightly help speed up your win, by giving you some occasional extra damage, and more consistently helping you find the answers you are looking for.
Let me know what you think!
6 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake