|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.)
You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
Wayward Swordtooth can't attack or block unless you have the city's blessing.
Wayward Swordtooth Discussion
2 weeks ago
First thing that stands out is that your mana-curve isn't low enough to the ground. Modern is an extremely fast format and the majority of your threats are in the 4+ range for converted mana cost. Bringing in white will open up some early threats while also giving you some low cost removal.
- Relentless Raptor - 2 cost for three power, sure it has to attack each combat but it also has vigilance which allows it to still be on defense while doing so.
- Sky Terror - Flying 2/2 for 2 and menace to boot making it an effective attacker that will evade a large amount of creatures.
- More Frilled Deathspitter ! - This guy is just fun, sure he's only a 3/2 for 3, but if he doesn't get through he at least shocks the opponent to the face.
- Kinjalli's Sunwing - If you've got this in the mainboard of sideboard it's good either way, it definitely shines more against aggressive matches due to the tap ability, but having flying makes this thing a decent attacker.
- More Rampaging Ferocidon - This is going to hurt opponents that want to swarm the board, but definitely something you sub out against control unless they are running life-gain to get out of your reach.
- Wayward Swordtooth - Sure he can't attack until you get the city's blessing, but if you have 2-3 of these in your deck and are happy with just being able to drop the double land he'll serve you well.
- Runic Armasaur - Love this guy. He's got a fat butt on him to stop from being bolted off the field and with the number of activated abilities in modern you'll have a full grip nearly all the time. Keep in mind that fetch lands will trigger this dude.
- Regisaur Alpha - Having 2 of these on your higher curve is a nice boon. He brings 7 power and toughness as well as haste.
- Carnage Tyrant - Control players, eat your heart out. Can't be countered, trample, hexproof. 2-3 of these on your top end will be your beaters.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - 1-2 of this guy is all you need. He'll eat removal in some form most of the time, but if an opponent allows a 12/12 trampler to go unanswered, he'll hit HARD.
Some nice buffs:
- Blossoming Defense - Protection in the form of hexproof as well as a +2/+2 buff at instant speed.
- Groundswell - More often then not this is just a straight +4/+4 at instant speed.
- Vines of Vastwood - This is what happens when you combine the above two cards into one.
- Lightning Bolt - Kills a lot in the format, there is a reason the saying "dies to bolt" exists.
- Path to Exile - Big threat? No problem.
- Dromoka's Command - Putting this here as it will often help you remove something. Good all round card.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
For the Multani deck, add in Wayward Swordtooth , Sylvan Library , Nature's Claim , Natural Order , and Selvala, Heart of the Wilds . There are other cards you can add in depending on the style you want to go. Like if you want to play more on the land route you can add in Titania, Protector of Argoth and use cards like Scapeshift as well as Zuran Orb to sacrifice your lands and than go for the beats. Or you can go wide route and ramp off the yin yang and proceed to smash face using cards like Rude Awakening and Living Plane to smash people. World Shaper is also pretty nice for recursion of lands already in the graveyard.
Some other tech cards you can add in are like Prowling Serpopard for them uncounterable creatures or Scavenging Ooze against those grave decks. Heroic Intervention is also a sweet card to run to protect your boardstate in case of a wipe. Constant Mists can also help in preventing people from ever doing combat. Realms Uncharted would fit in well also if your going for a land toolbox type of deck. Wave of Vitriol also punishes people who play multicolor decks and equalizes the board.
Hope that helps buu!
4 weeks ago
Land recursion Sidisi, Brood Tyrant is indeed a strange way to play her.
You're gonna want a lot of creatures to hit the grave for her ability and you want a lot of hate lands in the deck, have you thought of reconsidering Muldrotha, the Gravetide as your commander, as it allows for a free land per turn as well as other benefits.
Additionally Constant Mists is perfect for fighting aggro with land recursion!
Strip Mine is needed! I would actually take out Perpetual Timepiece as it's a danger to you if you don't have 2 mana up and someone exiles your grave, additionally, if you want to keep it up, you have to play with 2 mana up at all times.
Avenger of Zendikar is great to abuse for sac outlets and get those land drop triggers!
Last but not least: Sylvan Safekeeper a must in all land recursion decks!
Hope this helps, Flesh
1 month ago
if you want more burst mana to make an even bigger wealth, you could always try Squandered Resources it's pretty sweet. Ramunap Excavator and Crucible of Worlds can let you take advantage of more land drops from your graveyard with Azusa, Lost but Seeking . more land drops are pretty sweet with Wayward Swordtooth you can also add in things like Scapeshift if you want to make sure that more lands are in your graveyard to get back out. The Mending of Dominaria is also pretty sweet to be able to get your stuff back from your graveyard as well. i know it shuffles your stuff back into your library, but it can be pretty cool to get your lands back when you need them. i also see no Frantic Search in your list. you should see about adding it in. one land you might really like is Cephalid Coliseum . see about adding that in
1 month ago
Hey richardsmith, thanks for the comments. I don't have Path of Discovery in this deck, that's just what someone recommended in the comments. I agree that it wouldn't make sense for this deck. Not really sure that Wayward Swordtooth would be worth it, as I don't usually end up flooded with land, even with occasionally drawing extra with explore. Maybe if it had explore. Broken Bond is a good suggestion, I don't think I was aware of it actually. One drawback is that it's a sorcery rather than an instant, but it's probably worth it. Thanks again!
1 month ago
No Wayward Swordtooth ? :)
1 month ago
I have faced a somewhat similar deck in my meta and it can be pretty effective, it would ramp like crazy tutor up Jokulhaups or similar to crush the board and grind everyone down while he recovered fastest. With that in mind I would recommend that you increase your lands at least by two or three if not up to forty, then add Exploration , Wayward Swordtooth and Azusa, Lost but Seeking . You should also look at adding tutors like Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor to find your most effective mass land destructive spells.
Wayward Swordtooth occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%