|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Golem
Blightsteel Colossus is indestructible.
If Blightsteel Colossus would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal Blightsteel Colossus and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
|Have (6)||releasethedogs , Narueled , , agardels , AlbinoLion , jhTheMan99|
|Want (14)||zn.tportlock , widell , LastCall , EdwinSmithIV , xafeara , Jspeed , JannieB , flipdipple , redarrow4403 , Clones16 , QBrick , boneSANITY , Vialheart , Xelgion|
Blightsteel Colossus Discussion
11 hours ago
imSandstorm: It depends on the situation. If I have one fatty I know I could take someone out like Blightsteel Colossus in hand I'll use TnN to cheat it out. If I have nothing going on I will entwine it for the following combinations depending on the situation:
- Malignus + Stonehoof Chieftain / Void Winnower = This combo will essentially give Malignus evasion.
- Void Winnower + Ruric Thar, the Unbowed / Temur Sabertooth = My favorite targets for a control/boardwipe heavy meta.
- Eternal Witness + Temur Sabertooth = A recursion combo in a slower meta where I can have e wit get tooth and nail back for more tutoring.
- Worldspine Wurm + Archetype of Endurance = Forces opponents to deal with Wurm via boardwipe.
There's more combination that I've used but those above are the common ones. As far as Rhythm of the Wild goes, I'm not convinced that it is good in this deck because Xenagos already provides haste and is hard to remove. Also this deck doesn't really care if creatures get countered since I run a redundant amount of fatties.
3 days ago
"Other" Section Observations:
Burgeoning good card, but you have alot of multiple lands per turn cards
Constant Mists solid
Crop Rotation Unnecessary imo
Life / Death Can only use one spell, can prob find something that is more impactful to the deck
Sylvan Advocate Good because it's a 2/3 for 2 mana, but only adds significant value with commitment to land creatures
Sylvan Library V good card, excels if you maintain lifegain sub-strategy
Titania, Protector of Argoth Only good if you commit to the graveyard recall sub-strategy
Traverse the Outlands fantastic, can this be turned into a win condition?
Volcanic Offering fun af, but probably better options for the card slot
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Print out Business Cards saying "GG" for when you play this
Zuran Orb A must have if you commit to graveyard recall + lifegain sub strategies
World Breaker kinda sucks for 7 mana
Bane of Progress a conditional 6 drop is risky; amazing sideboard card in our meta
Exsanguinate Love it.
Your non-creature game is strong, but your damage output is weak and is currently the biggest flaw facing your deck. Your best bet imo is to either rip out creatures and synergize removal + damage or add in a few more big trample creatures. I think your comparative advantage lies in creatures: you'll consistently have an ungodly mana pool to take advantage of them, and you're already relying on creatures for this concept to work.
Some good creatures for this deck:
1 week ago
Hey, fellow 'Laddie brewer! Stopping by to suggest some ideas to your deck.
It looks like you're mostly trying to go wide with tokens, and occasionally punish with big bois, or all the big bois. I noticed you have several token makers, but not enough big bois to make tokens of, or copy makers themselves. In this scope, allow me to suggest a few cards and possible pieces you could directly replace. These suggestions are rather minor as I don't want to change the scope of the deck entirely, as it should still be yours. :)
- Trading Post in for Whirlermaker : 4 mana and tap to make a dude is too expensive. A better option is to put in good ol' Trading Post as it makes a 0/1 goat for 1 mana and 1 life. Remember that life is a resource too, and at 40 in EDH, 1 life won't make that much of a difference. Besides, Trading Post does it all! Draws a card, recurs artifacts, creates tokens, and gains life. Excellent piece for any artifact deck.
- Cyclonic Rift for Aether Gale : This is the first big money upgrade I'm suggesting. I understand if you want to maintain a budget, but consider splurging on a CyRift if you see the chance to trade for one or come across some extra dineros. It bounces EVERYTHING except for your big bad bois, so you can swing out and win.
- Chaos Warp : Izzet suffers from the ability to remove enchantments or exiling in general (other than very few spells like Lava Coil or Curse of the Swine , two cards you also may want to consider as removal), so having a card that can hit anything is imperative. Chaos Warp at $2ish does just that. At instant speed! Oh, I'm about to get swung at with an unblockable Blightsteel Colossus ? Nope that noise. They've got Propaganda or Sphere of Safety ? Tuck it away! Thus, your chances to win increase even more. Like your number of tokens.
- Twinflame : Cheap copy maker, and you can make even more copies of more things, but only one is enough for Laddie to create an army. It's a bulk-ish card so it shouldn't hurt the budget.
- Desolation Twin : Another bulk card that makes a token on entry?? Excuse me?? Yup. Gives you a free 10/10 token on arrival that Brudiclad would like to use as a template. No annihilator, though, but an army of 10/10s is NOTHING to laugh at.
- Master of Etherium : A cheap, stronger, yet more vulnerable alternative to Darksteel Juggernaut. For three mana, its P/T is also equal to the number of artifacts you control, but it gets better. Other artifacts you control get +1/+1, meaning that EVERY Master of Etherium buffs the rest, giving you effectively twice as much power as the same number of Darksteel Juggernauts. And the cheap mana cost means you can pay to make a token of it on the same turn, then swing out with 10 tokens with 19/19. That's death. lol
- Flameshadow Conjuring : This card's worth a couple of bucks, but it's an enchantment that makes a token of anything you play for red. One mana. That's it. With Etherium Sculptor out, you would pay full price for a big beater AND a token of it that Lad is going to replicate. This card sees plenty of hate, so be way of when you play. Also, the token goes away at end of turn, so make
- Dance of Many : Old, cheap enchantment (costs UU to play) that makes a copy of ANYTHING on the board. Has a UU maintenance cost at the upkeep, but it doesn't matter if you already made other copies and swung with them all.
I invite you to look at (my build)[http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brudiclad-the-big-bad-boi-builder/] and compare lists for ideas. Again, I didn't suggest many changes because I don't want to take away from the deck; it should still be yours. Lemme know what you think of these changes!
2 weeks ago
Loving the list and a total difference from what i've played in the past. Might steal this ;)
Just a question: Why don't you run Blightsteel Colossus ? You have many ways of getting him out and it kinda gives you another victory condition. Of course I do understand if you refuse to play with infect :)
4 weeks ago
Driemer84: Meteor Golem can definitely find its way in here; I just didn’t have the room for him. I did test him out at one point. Spine of Ish Sah is superior than him just because it goes back to your hand if it goes to the graveyard. Currently, this is what I’m testing:
IN:Daedalus19876: I’m gonna do my best to keep that spot too! Lol.
1 month ago
@Philoctetes i have playing with ur kami deck in cockatrice and I found much better all the assemblies I've ever played, at least for me xd. But I'm thinking of making this deck in real life and currently it does not fit into my budget. So I took some cards: Grim Monolith , Pithing Needle , Sunstone , Blightsteel Colossus , Spellseeker , Back to Basics , Copy Artifact , Treachery , Cryptic Command , Academy Ruins , Maze of Ith , Tolaria West and Expropriate (I accept suggestions on removing some non-essential and expensive cards.)
Could you give me suggestions to replace them? I think you're the best person for this, I admire your post.
Is my first time on tappedout and sry for my english.
1 month ago
For Goblin Welder's ability to work, you need to have (a) a target artifact in a graveyard, which will go into play and (b) a target artifact in play that will go to the graveyard.
You will not be able to put Blightsteel Colossus into play using Goblin Welder because Blightsteel Colossus cannot go into the graveyard. Blightsteel Colossus has a replacement effect, indicated by the word "instead" in its shuffle ability. Replacement effects do not use the stack--they merely occur in place of what normally would. So, in this example, if Blightsteel Colossus would go to the graveyard, it "instead" is shuffled into your library, meaning at no point does it ever actually touch the graveyard. As such, it will never be a legal target for recursion with Goblin Welder's ability.
Compare to Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, which has a very similar effect. However, Emrakul's is a triggered ability--meaning it hits the graveyard, the ability triggers and goes on the stack. Until the ability resolves, Emrakul is a valid target in a graveyard, which is why you can hit her with Surgical Extraction during that brief interlude.
1 month ago
LVL_666, DEFINITELY better mana and creature base. Although, in response to your identity crisis comment-literally the EXACT same thing is happening to my atraxa-infect deck. It pulls so much aggro it's absurd. I pull the deck out and before I even play anything I am the target. Unfortunately, I have been leaning towards going back to +1/+1 counters and superfriends/planeswalkers because then at least I got to play haha. Maybe keep in a few cards with infect such as Blightsteel Colossus, Tainted Strike, Phyresis, Corrupted Conscience, Glistening Oil and maybe Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, Caress of Phyrexia, Blighted Agent, and/or Phyrexian Swarmlord just for those instant infect kills. I play against a sliver deck and he kills people with poison more than i do. Sadly Atraxa-infect is not competitive enough and is hated way to much to be fun :(. Here's my deck Atraxive Infection, in case there are any cards in there you may be interested including that you haven't; but like I said... I think I am going to go a different direction so I can actually play her and have fun again. Let me know what you think!
Blightsteel Colossus occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.3%
U/R (Izzet): 0.05%
All decks: 0.03%
All decks: 0.01%