|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
, , Sacrifice Mind Stone: Draw a card.
Mind Stone Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Nice budget deck :) What is the max budget amount?
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Shivan Reef
- Wandering Fumarole
- Desolate Lighthouse
- High Tide
- Frantic Search
- Mystic Remora
- Long-Term Plans
- Merchant Scroll
- Pull from Tomorrow
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Dig Through Time
- Chaos Warp
- Reality Shift
- Mission Briefing
- Mind Stone
- Commander's Sphere
- Wizard's Retort
- Comet Storm
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Mountain
- Izzet Guildgate
- Highland Land
- Chemister's Insight
- Deep Analysis
- Lightning Strike
- Erratic Cyclops
- Crackling Drake
- Enigma Drake
- Wee Dragonauts
- Spellheart Chimera
- Beacon Bolt
- Corrupted Grafstone
- Vessel of Endless Rest
If you would like I offer more help. Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
This deck's average CMC is very high. You're for sure going to need more ramp, which for Boros mostly means mana rocks. I'd recommend Boros Signet , Fellwar Stone , Mind Stone , Star Compass , and Boros Locket . Some cards you could consider cutting are Basandra, Battle Seraph , who shuts down all of your combat tricks, Light of the Legion , whose mentor ability is almost totally irrelevant, and Victory's Herald , who gives flying to a bunch of creatures that have already got it. You should also try to go up to closer to 37 lands with this curve.
3 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
4 days ago
I love the synergy of your deck! I didn't think about the interaction with buffs/equipment on him!
Really my only feedback is the standard stuff for edh - removal, draw, and ramp.
Your draw/tutoring is solid, but I'd add a bit more of the other two. Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim would be great, as she's also a sac source which works well with both your big commander and tokens. Other cheap ($) removal options are Unmake , Oblivion Ring , and Utter End . Maybe Worn Powerstone / Mind Stone for ramp?
4 days ago
Hey, nice budget deck, less than $100, well done.
Budget upgrades ($2 or less each, most are less than $1) to consider:
- Command Tower > Temple of the False God
- Port Town > Evolving Wilds
- Irrigated Farmland > Azorius Guildgate
- Etherium Sculptor > Opaline Unicorn
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation > Howling Golem
- Sai, Master Thopterist > Aerial Engineer
- Steel Hellkite > Colossus of Akros
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator > Daring Archaeologist
- Weatherlight > Ojutai Monument
- Meteor Golem > Pardic Wanderer
- Myr Battlesphere > Metalwork Colossus
- The Antiquities War > Always Watching
- Artificer's Assistant > Loyal Sentry
- Urza's Ruinous Blast > Mass Manipulation
- Azorius Signet > Azorius Locket
- Mind Stone > Worn Powerstone
- Counterspell > Thought Collapse
- Arcane Denial > Admiral's Order
- Dissipate > Absorb
- Negate > Scatter to the Winds
- Brainstorm > Chronomaton
- Impulse > Repel the Abominable
- Swords to Plowshares > Choking Restraints
- Dispatch > Pacifism
- Crush Contraband > Invoke the Divine
- Deep Freeze > Dampening Pulse
- Remember the Fallen > Not Forgotten
Can add all these cards for about $20. I offer more help if you would like.
Good luck with your deck.
4 days ago
@FeeshSquad, Well, that's sort of rough. Basically the stuff that makes this deck competitive is the expensive rocks (otherwise you have bad ramp) and the expensive tutors (otherwise the deck isn't consistent), but you don't really need Chains, that's just a decent interactive piece. If you really want to you can run worse rocks ( Mind Stone , Charcoal Diamond , Worn Powerstone , Thran Dynamo , Gilded Lotus , etc), and actually worse tutors too (like Diabolic Tutor , Final Parting , Increasing Ambition ). It'll probably be ok as a bigger mana deck, if you use a lot of rocks that tap for 2+ mana. ALthough, if you are going to spend money on cards that are really strong in EDH, Mana Crypt is probably the strongest card you can buy.
I suggest substituting Stranglehold for chains of meph. It's very strong and only slightly worse since it costs 4 instead of 2.
6 days ago
anything that 'stores a draw' seems like a good inclusion. The Mind Stone and Commander's Sphere life sounds gud, but maybe even Chromatic Sphere and Chromatic Star might be worth your time to get your hand artificially empty quickly, and be able to sippy cup your cards back to hand at your leisure. Those might be extreme examples, but certainly anything with utility like Cranial Archive or Relic of Progenitus seems aces. Hedron Archive , Magnifying Glass , Pyrite Spellbomb , Scrabbling Claws , Silent Gravestone are a few other reasonable effects in that style.
6 days ago
Ok first add some manarocks and get above 30 lands. Both your commanders are 6 drops meaning you will need a lot of mana to get them both out and utilize their abilities. Get some dual color lands, even the cheap ones since then it fixes your colors. I recommend Izzet Guildgate and Highland Lake then put some mana rocks in there like Sol Ring , Mind Stone , Worn Powerstone or some of the ones that generate colored mana like Gilded Lotus or Fire Diamond / Sky Diamond
Mind Stone occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.22%
W/U (Azorius): 1.7%
W/B (Orzhov): 0.47%
U/R (Izzet): 1.16%
RW (Boros): 2.74%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.41%