|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Angel
When Restoration Angel enters the battlefield, you may exile target non-Angel creature you control, then return that card to the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Restoration Angel Discussion
17 hours ago
So I've been trying to brew a deck around Elder Deep-Fiend in Modern, and I've come up with three main ideas. Which do you think would be the best / most fun?
I'm not looking for or expecting a competitive deck, and yes, I know that Bant Eldrazi is a thing in Modern, but for some reason, it's just not a deck I want to build. In any case, here goes!
Eldrazi Affinity. Turn 2 Frogmite into turn 3 Elder Deep-Fiend seems strong. The main issue of this version is that running the Fiend would take away from the "main" strategy of a typical Affinity deck.
U/W Control. Just playing Elder Deep-Fiend on curve T4 can be good, sacrificing something like Blade Splicer. The main drawback of this version is that the deck already has great 4-CMC cards in Restoration Angel and Cryptic Command.
So, that's what I've got. Any suggestions or other ideas for decks?
1 day ago
4 days ago
You could also always add 3x Ensnaring Bridge instead.
4 days ago
- Requiem Angel (Out) for Restoration Angel (In). Restoration has flash with a flicker effect. Fits the theme better. Requiem's CMC is higher and the second ability (while possibly useful) is arguably unnecessary
- Vassal Soul (Out) for Wall of Denial (In). Wall is harder to remove, establishes earlier solid blocking against a commander, and can become a viable guardian with an anthem creature or two on the board
- Latch Seeker (Out) for Mirror Entity (In). Mirror Entity can be a great win condition in this deck.
- Judge's Familiar (Out) for Venser, Shaper Savant (In). Venser is a better "counterspell" since it always hits in the form of Remand. With plenty of creatures that bounce permanents/creatures back to hand on ETB, and now that I'm adding Crystal Shard, it's nice to have a repeatable Remand. Not to mention his recent reprint in MM17 makes him an affordable option again
- Murder of Crows (Out) for Thistledown Liege (In). Test playing shows I have plenty of cards in hand. Anthem creature to win faster / make my creatures beefier seems like a better choice. Also the 3 devotion of Thistledown's not bad
- Invisible Stalker (Out) for Crystal Shard (In). So much utility in the shard for either bringing my own back to hand or making an opponent pay for overplaying their hand. Can slow up aggro decks from early all-out taps to get creatures on the board
- Uninvited Geist Flip (Out) for Mist Raven (In). More bounce on ETB effects on a flying body to fit the theme
5 days ago
As for Siege Rhino definitely not! I cut Black to have a more consistent mana base and I am not willing to run a 4 color (yes, is a color for mana base construction) with Leonin Arbiter and no fetchlands.
6 days ago
- Blink a Flickerwisp on your end step: exile a permanent until their end step (the best exemple, a Planeswalker).
- Blink a Blade Splicer, make a golem ready to block.
- Blink a defender, attack through.
- Blink a Thought-Knot Seer on your opponent draw step: make him draw an extra card, then choose a card to exile.
- Blink a Restoration Angel, then blink your Eldrazi Displacer, thus saving it from removal.
- Blink any other creature to protect them from removal.
- Vial in your Displacer, then use its ability to save one of your other creatures.
6 days ago
As a long time player of Jeskai Geist, this list looks great! I've personally found that Restoration Angel is probably your most useful card in the deck since it does so much, especially with Spell Queller versions of this deck. I play three copies of resto in my deck, so I recommend the same to all. To make room, I'd go...
-1 Vendilion Clique in the main
But, clique is a great card. Access to clique is great, so one in the main is cool. Maybe shift the other to the side board in place of Surgical Extraction or even the Aven Mindcensor just since both as a one of feels off.