|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Land — Mountain Forest
(: Add or to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||almeidafabio , Famicomania , TheDuggernaught|
|Want (10)||Turtlelover73 , MindAblaze , Poptartz95 , SamCre1993 , Ocheyo , Spinalripper , dplerner , CampbellStev , GeminiSpartanX , aeonstoremyliver|
57 minutes ago
Stuff I own Show
1x of Every Shockland (RTR Version) FOIL
1x Serra's Sanctum NM
1x Ancient Tomb FOIL FTV Version
1x Misty Rainforest Modern Masters 3
1x Misty Rainforest Zendikar
1x Arid Mesa Modern Masters 3
5x Polluted Delta Khans of Tarkir
2x Wooded Foothills Khans of Tarkir
2x Bloodstained Mire Khans of Tarkir
1x Wooded Foothills Khans of Tarkir
1x Windswept Heath Khans of Tarkir
1X Flooded Strand FOIL Khans of Tarkir (*Major Crease @ bottom of card)
1x Flooded Strand Khans of Tarkir
1x Kor Haven FOIL BFZ Expedition Land
2x Sulfur Falls
plus a handful of almost all of the regular non foil RTR shocklands
To be clear the Wheel of Fortune will most likely only be traded if it is going towards multiple copies of Force of Will or towards a Dual Land. I would like to say that the same goes for the majority of cards listed valued at $60 or more as well but feel free to offer something else none the less, I don't mind looking through binders. Also Prefer to move the RTR shocks Together but again, I will consider Splitting them up for the right offer / offers.
I just listed more of my expensive cards not being used currently, Link to my Binder for more of my cards / lesser wants, thanks!
5 days ago
Thanks for checking out my list!
- By running pretty much all of the non basic tutors (though I do want to swap out Realms Uncharted for an Hour of Promise so I'm not giving any choice to an opponent), grabbing Cradle isnt hard. From there mana isnt a huge issue unless wraths are a thing, which in my typically 1v1 meta isnt really. In multiplayer I could probably swap some of the artifact hate out (relying on the other 2 players to help on that front), to include some of the heavier hitting ramp spells.
- Kinda the same. Since my combos unfortunately need a lot of slots, I've had to cut somewhere. 37 lands is still plenty. Getting screwed doesnt not happen, but its not frequent. At least from my experience. Maybe variance will rear its head and I'll get my comeuppance with a long streak of being screwed.
- I do plan on getting a Taiga in the near-ish future, funds are a thing at the moment though. This is my actual paper list, one of the big reasons why I havent posted it to that tapped out tier list as an example to bump them up to tier 3. I understand the combo is janky and too slow for high end play, but from my experience the tier 4 description that starts with "weak" doesnt apply either. If cedh fast combo decks are defined as turns 3-5 wins, this deck is easily in the 5-7, sometimes 8 range. Thats not weak, its just not the strongest either. On the times I have done multiplayer the deck has done surprisingly well even at tier 2 tables (even before I got my cradle), but I also understand variance from meta to meta is a thing so I'm not aiming exceptionally high on that front. 3 feels right, but again this deck isnt technically fully optimized.
- Vesuva is in the side board, and I have used it. It does find a place in the deck, right now the Stage is doing a bang up job for me though.
- Yes, as explained in one of my sections the wilds and expanse are place holders for the big daddy fetches. Again, funds.
- Ghost Town... I see that as using Gruul Turf's slot as it bounces itself, even though you run both (you run more lands in general). But the turf generates more mana and its colored, so imo its better. I'd need to playtest to change my mind on that. Maze of Ith... my typically 1v1 meta is against another combo deck, Arcum. Arcum doesnt attack, so thats probably maybe board material and meta dependent. Homeward Path is nice though. Worth considering if I get into more multiplayer games against more control decks or that surprise blowout in red. Wasteland... I have Strip Mine, currently dont feel like I need the redundancy. I feel a lot of these may be meta considerations to be honest.
Looking at your list, your average cmc is much higher. That may be where your mana concerns for my deck come from. It may not seem like much, but the difference between 4.1 and 2.71 is absolutely monstrous; even at the 3.2 my deck once was at I felt it was way too slow, and even though Hour of Promise is better than Realms Uncharted part of me really loathes the idea of increasing my average cmc by even that small amount.
You also seem to have gone for a much stronger land destruction package, presumably to slow everyone else down so your average cmc isnt as big a hurdle. I've thought about going that route too, but decided to make the janky combo as good as it could be. I just dont have the space to do a land destruction/control package proper imo.
Again, thanks for stopping by!
1 month ago
What is Buried Ruin primarily used for here? Since Omnath decks tend to be tight on value lands, i feel like this could be something better like a Vesuva for your Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle, or a Stomping Ground to up your mountain count, or even a Kessig Wolf Run as a mana dump. Animist's Awakening and Nissa's Renewal were really lackluster for me, so I cut them in favor of Verdant Confluence and Hour of Promise. Skyshroud Claim and Nature's Lore would also be excellent ramp spells, especially if you include Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket and (more expensive abviously) Taiga. Crop Rotation, Expedition Map Sylvan Scrying, and Reap and Sow are worth a look into to grab value lands. I've had good success in my list running cards like Earthquake as a finisher, often times making a big swing with tokens then casting a X=>5 earthquake to get those last points of damage in, especially with bolt triggers from Omnath, Locus of Rage. I'll post my list below for reference, I have lots of fun with it! Nice deck, I kind of like the inclusion of Wave of Vitriol, I'll look into it myself.
1 month ago
Hey, thanks for the comment!
1 month ago
In your section about missing ABUR duals, you forgot Taiga.
2 months ago
Kneyo, for you Hour of Promise probably is not going to give you enough bang for your buck (or for a five mana sorcery). Once you get your lands upgraded it may be an option. VexenX is playing Explosive Vegetation. One more mana gets you two of Gaea's Cradle, Cavern of Souls, Command Beacon, Yavimaya Hollow, any of the fetch lands, Taiga, or several of the ramp lands like Blighted Woodland.
2 months ago
LTmiller: I think the statement was that the deck killed 7 people in one turn, not on turn 7.
skyninja135: the statement "at least tier 2" implies that you think it should be at a minimum tier 2 but more like 1.5 or even 1. I would recommend that you take a look at some of the linked decks for higher tiers and see what you're up against. most of these decks are designed to in a goldfish scenario finish the game on turn 3-5.
While your list may be stong in your playgroup, it lacks proper competitive pieces like Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Taiga or a complete fetchland package. The deck is also missing a lot of early game ramp - the first few turns as crucial in competitive EDH games.
If you think that Borborygmos Enraged should be moved up in ranking, I would recommend putting together a no budget version of the deck - one that demostrates the maximum power that deck can achieve. This way there is an even playing field to compare it against other decks.
2 months ago
skyninja135 your average cmc is too high (3.81) and your Abundance combo is solid but there's a lot of win more cards in there (whats Worldspine Wurm and Realm Seekers doing?). A number of your artifacts don't seem competitive at all, Storm Cauldron, Horn of Greed, Ghirapur Orrery all benefit the opponents as well which is something you want to avoid (except cards like Selvala, Heart of the Wilds), giving them extra lands basically speeds up their game plans as well. Most of the creature ramp (Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder etc.) you got can be cut for normal dorks ( Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves etc.). I get the fact that you want to ramp heavily with lands, but most of the spells that enable you to do so are rather slow; compare Cultivate to Mox Diamond, of course, mox may be out of your budget but this kind of ramp allows early explosive turns ( after all you're aim is to pull off the combo asap) rather than a slow accumulative ramp (someone's bound to go off before you do). You can take out the landfall theme it's just not fast/strong enough. I'm unsure what the optimal land count for a deck like this would be, but removing the tapped lands is a definite (Temple of Abandon, Evolving Wilds) and adding in off-color fetches (unless your budget prevents you but it should be one of your top priorities). Also, why no artifact hate? Just some other cards that I think should be cut:
- Seek the Horizon (for 4?)
- Tempt with Discovery (letting the opponent search for a land is not a good idea)
- Rites of Flourishing (should really be adding cards that benefit yourself like I mentioned above)
- Constant Mists (unless there's someone who plays the kiki combo)
- Knollspine Dragon, Kodama's Reach (let's be honest: it's too slow)- Krosan Tusker (better options out there)
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Oracle of Mul Daya ( 4cmc is a bit too much for this effect and they don't really do anything else, you also want enough lands in the library for Borborygmos to discard)
- Temple of the False God (when you can just replace it with an Ancient Tomb)
- Centaur Vinecrasher (yyyy?)
- Kessig Wolf Run, Thespian's Stage (kessig if you must, but I don't see the value in stage)
As for the cards, you'll want to add:
- The green tutor package (Worldly Tutor, Sylvan Tutor etc)
- Taiga (when you can ocf)
- Red Rituals (Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc.)
- Mana Rocks (Mana Crypt, Mana Vault etc if budget allows)
- Autumn's Veil, Guttural Response, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast to ensure Borborygmos sticks
I believe there's a loop to reshuffle the lands discarded through Kozilek, Butcher of Truth I may be hallucinating tho, but if someone finds a way then the double damage + Illusionist's Bracers package can go.
Either way, I'm looking forward to the development of this list :)